Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl

Total Time: 10 min.
    Prep Time: 10 min.
    Cooking Time: None
    Yield: 1 serving
    Ingredients:
    ¾ cup almond milk
    1 scoop Strawberry Shakeology
    ¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries (reserve some for garnish)
    1 cup ice
    ¼ large banana, cut into thick slices
    ¼ cup fresh or frozen blackberries
    2 Tbsp. sliced raw almonds
    1 Tbsp. chia seeds
    2 tsp. raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
    Preparation:
    1. Place almond milk, Shakeology, blueberries, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
    2. Place smoothie in a medium bowl. Top with remaining blueberries, banana, blackberries, almonds, and chia seeds; serve immediately.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! What do you have planned for the weekend?
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Happy Monday. I hope you had a great weekend. Time to get back to work. What on the workout schedule for today? This week?
  • ShrinkingSloth
    ShrinkingSloth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have 3 kids. Ages 4.5 years, 3 years, and 4 months.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Well, my May accountability group is off an running quite well. 9 participants this time around. That's 9 people I am directly helping stay on track and striving towards their goals. I remember when I started having regular support and was able to accomplish so much more because of it. I'm really glad I am able to pay it forward now. Cheers to the month of May!!!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Where is your May accountability group?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I went all out today!

22 minute hard corps ;
    Cold Start warm up
    Mid program PT test
    Special Ops Cardio.

I was only at 75% by the time I got to the cardio one, but I did it. That one was tough too. Now it's time to refuel.
    I am happy to report that I did increase my numbers on everything for the PT test except the plank hold. For some reason that one got me today.

And those burpee rolls... Yeah I can't do those. Not that I didn't try. I think the proportion of my upper body compared to my lower body hinders me.

1cl18le99cln.jpg
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Father of 2 aged 5 and 9. Add me if you want
  • lisaishere
    lisaishere Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Full-time working mom in a blended family here with 2 girls ages 7 and 13, and 2 boys ages 7 and 9. You can add me too. :-)
  • bibiverm
    bibiverm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pls add me as friend. New to this and not sure how to add friends yet. I'm a mom of 3 and really need all the support i can get

• ellejay233
    ellejay233 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all...mother of 2 young boys...7years old & 3 years...used to weigh only 110lbs...after my second baby and after taking birth control pills I bloated to 175lbs...I ditched the pills and loses 20lbs but still have difficulties in losing more weight...also used to run everyday but after an accident & having a partial meniscus tear on my right knee, can't do the running anymore...i still do walking though but i feel it's not enough...i hope i meet people out herr with the same situation
  • Fancyedit
    Fancyedit Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Great thread! Lots of information, thank you for sharing!!

I'm a single mom of 2 boys, ages 4 and 19 months ❤️❤️

We haven't gotten to the school age yet, but they are still very active! We have so much fun ❤️
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I wanted to share a post with you I shared with my free accountability group yesterday. I hope you find it useful.

If you've ever been in any of my exclusive groups, you probably have been frightened by the amount of food that you have to eat. You thought with lose weight you would have to eat far less and be hungry all the time. That's just not the case.

Take a look at this photograph. Based off the processed types of foods that you probably have been eating or drinking, your body's been taking in an incredible amount of calories, but not enough nutrients.
    But when you eat whole foods such as fruits and vegetables, not only do you get the calories your body needs, but you get all the nutrients that your body can actually use. Processed foods just do not contain them, they are removed during the processing.

That's probably why Shakeology has been working so amazing for everybody, because also contains the nutrients from whole foods that you probably haven't been eating or drinking.
    Can you over eat healthy foods? Absolutely. But it is rather difficult to even try, because you practically would have to be eating The entire day.

If you do feel like you're hungry, try increasing the amount of vegetables that you eat. Even some of us who have really amazing diets high in veggies, still can afford to eat a little more (and a variety of that as well).
    So don't be afraid if I'm asking you to eat more, I just mean eat more of the right things.

mxgxb57c85j7.jpg
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    How many of you watch tv or fool around on your phone or tablet before bed, even within 90 minutes of going to bed, then realize you have a hard time falling asleep? I know I am guilty of this. A friend of mine is reading a book about the importance of sleep and he shared with me how that blue glow from the screens, you know, that one you can see in from 10's of feet away, is a similar blue that triggers hormones in your body that tell it it's time to wake up...

A recent iOS update changes the primary color to a yellow. While I'm always on my iPad before bed; not sure if it works since my cardio at 4:30 am ensures I sleep like the dead...
  • Twosand4s
    Twosand4s Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi : )
    I'm a new mom, 5 weeks postpartum! New here trying to get into a healthier lifestyle.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Mom to 3 kiddos 13, 11, 6, when I eat better, they eat better. We are all more mindful of things. We still have treats, just not as many or as often. My oldest son actually mixed up a snack lain greek yogurt with blueberries and a bit of vanilla extract. I almost fainted!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning! How was your weekend? I hope great. My family and I ran the sprint into summer 5k and did amazing. My son (7) not only beat me by a whole minute, but came in 1st for his age group. My girls were in the top 10, and m wife came in 3rd. I am in a tough age group, and came in 9th. Still. Great times. Despite the fact that it got cold and windy. fou7gecowedm.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hey, I have a question for you. Once a month I host a fitness and nutrition accountability group on facebook. It has gone really well. I have tried to host it on MFP before in it's own group page, but it never seems to work out well. I know many of you are not on facebook, however, if I were to host it, right here in this moms and dads group page, would you be interested?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Went for a nice easy run this morning. 4.25 miles, 10:35 pace. My hip is getting better. Still not 100% yet, but nice to be able to go further than 2 miles before it starts really hurting.

The thing that has helped a lot is more stretching and foam rolling. The lack of is what got me into trouble a couple of months ago. I didn't properly stretch like I normally do. In my younger days I stretched very little. But now that I am getting older, I suppose I have to add a little extra time in. I wrote a blog about this too. Fell free to check it out!

http://www.peralesfamilyfitness.com/2015/10/to-stretch-or-not-to-stretch.html
This discussion has been closed.