Something I learned to avoid carbs

Options
this was a light bulb moment for me. A dietician told me to eat my protein first, then eat veggies so by the time I got to carbs I would likely be full & to stop when 80% full.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    .... Vegies are carbs.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    .... Vegies are carbs.

Nothing wrong with carbs.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Really no reason to avoid carbs unless you have a medical condition that requires you to.
  • Seraphina_Rowan
    Seraphina_Rowan Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Carbs = delicious. :smiley:
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Why? :huh:
  • terschia
    terschia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LisaLydens - of course veggies are good carbs...low carb foods, good carbs. So I'm sure what you meant were the sweet carbs, the simple ones that are not good for us. Thank you for sharing.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    terschia wrote: »
    LisaLydens - of course veggies are good carbs...low carb foods, good carbs. So I'm sure what you meant were the sweet carbs, the simple ones that are not good for us. Thank you for sharing.

Sweet carbs? That's a new one....
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Awesome advice OP, thanks for sharing.

On the basis you dont want to eat carbs, then why bother? Just fill up on protein, then you really will be too full to want to eat anything else.
  • mandyclay1982
    mandyclay1982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Carbs cause insulin levels to rise in your body, which in return make you eat more and gain weight. Carbs are horrible! You wanna see some fast weightloss? Just setyour carbs to 20% :D and you will be blown away :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Awesome advice OP, thanks for sharing.
    terschia wrote: »

Welcome Lisa :)
    I love those light bulb moments in life!

Sometimes the forums are an interesting mix of comments, just take what you can use and leave the rest. ;)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Carbs cause insulin levels to rise in your body, which in return make you eat more and gain weight. Carbs are horrible! You wanna see some fast weightloss? Just setyour carbs to 20% :D and you will be blown away :)

There is no such thing as a food that makes you eat more. You either eat or you don't.

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    If bad carbs go to confession, can they be forgiven and become good carbs?

Only if they perform an act of contrition.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options

And you will gain it all right back the second you eat carbs. Sounds like a horrible long term plan for me. Good luck though. Everyone has their own way
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I beg to differ. Cutting grain-based carbs is what makes a difference for me. I don't completely eliminate them, but I have as few as possible, getting my carbs almost exclusively from fruits and vegetables. I do the same as LisaLydens, except I usually eat my salad first, then my proteins.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Considering all fruits, all vegetables, all dairy, and all grains have carbs to think you are eliminating them completely is a pipe dream!
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    If bad carbs go to confession, can they be forgiven and become good carbs?

Only if they perform an act of contrition.

Could they be granted indulgences?

Cash only!
  • angeltilo
    angeltilo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea, Lisa. And I know you meant those heavy carbs like bread or rice, not veggies. :)
This discussion has been closed.