itWorks - does it really?

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    NO. Save your money. Don't support MLMs.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    How ItWorks thinks the body works-
    AhVWo9c.png

hahaha. I am dying. Dont even get me started on the nonsense hilarity that is ItWorks fat and carb blocker!

Is this real life?!
    Is this just fantasy?

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    To anyone who uses the itWorks body wraps - I want to know your thoughts! I just ordered the package of body wraps, defining gel and confianza (stress reliever and energy). What do you think of it?!
    Stop looking for shortcuts.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    AhVWo9c.png

hahaha. I am dying. Dont even get me started on the nonsense hilarity that is ItWorks fat and carb blocker!

Is this real life?!
    Is this just fantasy?

I do call the MFP forums

twilight_zone.jpg

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    I sell it and I believe in all the products. They are not intended to replace diet or exercise for the products that are for weight loss. They're great additions. I use our protein powder, natural skin care as well as Thermofit for my pre-workout. I also love the defining gel for my cellulite and stretch mark cream. The wraps I do occasionally but I've lost enough weight to where that's not my biggest concern.
    How are they additions? What do they do?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Multilevel marketing is not the same as a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme does not have a product being provided. Also, all the customers who offer their testimonials and pictures also believe it works. It's called It Works for a reason. All my customers have had great results and could testify to that. But if you don't believe it, fine, don't ruin it for someone else who wants to try it.
  • yopeeps025
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Multilevel marketing is not the same as a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme does not have a product being provided. Also, all the customers who offer their testimonials and pictures also believe it works. It's called It Works for a reason. All my customers have had great results and could testify to that. But if you don't believe it, fine, don't ruin it for someone else who wants to try it.

I mean if that was my job I would be doing the same thing you do. Sell it. I would also hate life trying to sell it though.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think PT Barnum overestimated people.
    Sadly, I couldn't actually place a quote with PT Barnum. After a quick google, I found the one you're referring to, but I also saw this one, which I think is also applicable, and I feel like the analogy works in more way than one...
    “Advertising is to a genuine article what manure is to land, - it largely increases the product.”
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's called It Works for the reason that if they called it It Doesn't Work But I Want Your Money, sales would be hard to make.

And when you're parsing language to try to distinguish your business model from a pyramid scheme, that should trigger some introspection.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    A pyramid scheme does not have a product being provided.

Neither does itWOrks...well...not a product that does anything anyway.
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1. Try self-hypnosis...It has worked wonders for my stress level and it's FREE.
    2. I saw you posted that you sell the stuff, and we are not to advertise on these forums, so I consider it as SPAM.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    @aippolito1 When someone asks people's opinions on something like itworks (or Plexus, or Shakeology, or Herbalife, or Visalus - they're all the same), people with negative opinions are just as welcome to post as people with positive opinions. You keep saying "my customers," "our company," which leads me to believe that you have a vested interest in the product, and that severely lowers the credibility of your opinion.

And I view all of the health and weight loss related MLM companies as on par with pyramid schemes because they all make bogus and misleading claims that misel people into purchasing the products, they are WAY overpriced, the marketing tactics are just sleazy, and the products just don't work in the way that they are advertised to. At least some other MLM companies, like Pampered Chef or Avon, provide quality products that actually live up to their claims and that can be useful for consumers. Itworks and similar companies do not provide anything useful and should not be supported.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It Works to get your money. Do the little people remind anyone else of chocolate chip cookies? Mmmmm, cookies.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Do you get money from people's sales if you have introduced them to selling this garbage product?
  • juggernaut1974
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @aippolito1 When someone asks people's opinions on something like itworks (or Plexus, or Shakeology, or Herbalife, or Visalus - they're all the same), people with negative opinions are just as welcome to post as people with positive opinions. You keep saying "my customers," "our company," which leads me to believe that you have a vested interest in the product, and that severely lowers the credibility of your opinion.

She admitted she sold it upthread.

Tho personally I'd be ashamed to show my face in public again after such an admission.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    AhVWo9c.png

Is this real life?!
    Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality . . .
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Do you get money from people's sales if you have introduced them to selling this garbage product?

You were correct the first time.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    AhVWo9c.png

Is this real life?!
    Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality . . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_-dMi9c4wJ8wo42kis3BxSuN_daeMzGJ5G4Eb0RTTIfyphMGvDA
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Multilevel marketing is not the same as a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme does not have a product being provided. Also, all the customers who offer their testimonials and pictures also believe it works. It's called It Works for a reason. All my customers have had great results and could testify to that. But if you don't believe it, fine, don't ruin it for someone else who wants to try it. sell it

FIFY
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

She admitted she sold it upthread.

Tho personally I'd be ashamed to show my face in public again after such an admission.

Well, there you have it. And so would I! :lol: