*!* JUNE 2016 Walking Challenge *!*

Options
AlphaHowls
AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
*!* JUNE 2016 Walking Challenge *!*
This is continued from previous Monthly Walking Challenges, we are walking into the 6th month of the year *YAY Keep going!*. Each month has its own thread.

**** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated ****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you cannot track distance (or do not want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you will be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise you are getting in. :)

Come back here and just post how far you walked, even if it was to the mailbox on a given day. The important thing is that you are moving and getting out (or if you walked in place in your basement to a video). Sometimes we need a little encouragement in order to do things in life.

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long. This is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other. Remember, you can track by steps, distance (miles or kilometers), time, etc.

RULES:
*no bullying
*no pressure
*just walking, dancing, stepping, hiking, anything to get you moving.
*just lace up the shoes and take a walk!
*anyone can join in at any time.

Frequently Asked:
Is there a way to flag this thread or do we have to search for it every time?

There is a star in the corner (right) you can click that to favorite the topic. It will always be on the right when you enter the community area. You can click the star once back in the forums and it shows you the topic you starred.
Can I join? How do I join the challenge?

Really simple, just come back here and post/tell us about your walk experience in any form you wish!
y7kwieg7dn4t.jpg

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    Options
    I've just rejoined my fitness pal after a long, long time away, and this seems like a perfect challenge for me to start with!

Sweet! Glad to have you!
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Oooh I'm in. I tend to give up too easily on walking, as I have a limp these days, and it discourages me. Meanwhile, there are days I couldn't possibly have made it to the pool, that I probly coulda walked. A challenge will help. :smile:
  • alexanda365
    alexanda365 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need motivation and this seems like just what I need to get started and serious! I want to drop 40lbs by September 30th.
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Given that I was an utter sloth today, I need this. :)
  • chundra76
    chundra76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm IN and so excited... Thanks for the challenge. I also have a fitbit One add me!

chondrah@outlook.com
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    Oooh I'm in. I tend to give up too easily on walking, as I have a limp these days, and it discourages me. Meanwhile, there are days I couldn't possibly have made it to the pool, that I probly coulda walked. A challenge will help. :smile:
    I need motivation and this seems like just what I need to get started and serious! I want to drop 40lbs by September 30th.
    @JanetMMcC wrote: »
    Given that I was an utter sloth today, I need this. :)
    @chundra76 wrote: »
    I'm IN and so excited... Thanks for the challenge. I also have a fitbit One add me!

chondrah@outlook.com

So awesome to have you here!

• Sassers101
    Sassers101 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    chundra76 wrote: »

chondrah@outlook.com

I added you today :-) on Fitbit that is

• lisazacklauryn
    lisazacklauryn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I have a Fitbit Charge too! Felicia SouthernBelle Miller!
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am in too please :) Helen S. on Fitbit, I love challenges! I started my hiking challenge beginning of April and have dropped 2 dress sizes, looking to drop another 2 :)
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    I am in too please :) Helen S. on Fitbit, I love challenges! I started my hiking challenge beginning of April and have dropped 2 dress sizes, looking to drop another 2 :)
    I'm in, I have a Fitbit Charge too! Felicia SouthernBelle Miller!

Groovy! Welcome aboard!

• rcaissie2012
    rcaissie2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Starting day two of my walking after major medical set backs including now being feed via a tube. Did 4300 steps at work and heading to the gym shortly for a 30 min walk.
  • AlphaHowls
    Options
    Starting day two of my walking after major medical set backs including now being feed via a tube. Did 4300 steps at work and heading to the gym shortly for a 30 min walk.

Glad you are joining!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,270 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 350,000 steps again!

06/01 -

Chris
  • AlphaHowls
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @cpanus wrote: »
    I'm in for 350,000 steps again!

06/01 -

Chris

Sweet! Awesome walking from May Chris!
  • sbergen3088
    sbergen3088 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just logged my last miles for May. I'm in for June....my goal is to log more total miles for June than May!!!
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I just limped a little over a mile with my cane, for a 16:27 mile. I used to walk a 12-minute mile, so I can limp relatively fast fast. :sweat_smile:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    started this morning with a 5km walk before work, I love these challenges and have decided to make a document of km walked each day so that I can post my total at the end of the month and improve on that in July. I have a goal to drop another 2 dress sizes by August! Good luck everybody :)
  • Sassers101
    Sassers101 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Got up an hour earlier to walk this morning. It was so peaceful.
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I have mobility issues and can't always walk as much as I like. I sometimes use a stick but not as much as I should. I am recovering from recent arthroscopy to right knee and hope this will encourage me to walk more.