Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
I'm looking for people who drink unstrained/unpasteurized apple Cider vinegar daily and have seen noticeable benefits. I've read so much good stuff I'm contemplating getting some from the local health market today.

Replies

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Good reviews In regards to what exactly.
  • nurees
    nurees Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Keeps my GERD at bay. My mom has her doctor ask what she was doing differently with her diet. She told him nothing but drinking a tsp in water two times a day. He told her to keep it up as her cholesterol dropped almost 20 points. I also dab it on my recurrent gives and it stops the itch.
  • nurees
    Options
    Hives
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    It's actually been shown to improve insulin sensitivity when consumed with high carb meals (any vinegar would, not necessarily acv). I tried taking shots of it when that was a thing, but it was pretty gross. As others have said, great in recipes and dressings!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,435 Member
    Options
    rccrozier wrote: »
    I'm looking for people who drink unstrained/unpasteurized apple Cider vinegar daily and have seen noticeable benefits. I've read so much good stuff I'm contemplating getting some from the local health market today.

Pure? Put a piece of limestone into vinegar and see what happens to it. It's starts fizzing. That's the acid in the vinegar dissolving the rock very slowly. It does the same to your teeth as it's the same material.
  • AngiStrauss
    AngiStrauss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every diet and fitness and health magazine has run articles on acv , 99.8% of it is just click bait. Health fads will come and go. It's often best not to get caught up in the trends

• AngiStrauss
    AngiStrauss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My uncle drinks ACV every night mixed with some iced tea. It has helped his prostatic issues and his doc has recommended that he continues to drink it.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Looking for loss in all the wrong places
    Vinegar no help and oh, how it tatstes
    Just count your cals
    And eat some good food
    And you'll lose the weight
  • erryereri
    erryereri Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will say that it makes for a fabulous egg replacer in vegan cakes!
  • nurees
    Options
    It's not bad if you put just a tsp in hot water with a little raw honey and drink it like a tea. Just brush your teeth afterwards. ACV is not anything new. All I know is I am off the omeprazole.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nurees wrote: »
    It's not bad if you put just a tsp in hot water with a little raw honey and drink it like a tea. Just brush your teeth afterwards. ACV is not anything new. All I know is I am off the omeprazole.
    you never want to brush your teeth after consuming anything acidic it softens the enamel. you want to floss right after, and then brush an hour later(this is coming from my dentist).
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Zipp237 wrote: »
    Looking for loss in all the wrong places
    Vinegar no help and oh, how it tatstes
    Just count your cals
    And eat some good food
    And you'll lose the weight

totally heard this to the tune of looking for love by mickey gilley lol
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member