How often do you weight yourself?

Options
Every day? Every week?
I feel like I'll get anxious waiting a whole week. I'm an impatient person

Replies

• melodysing
    melodysing Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week. Usually on Friday. I cannot obsess over pounds or I will go nuts!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. I like to have more information on my graph. I track the ups as well as the downs. It helps me to get a better picture of how I react to certain foods or that TOM. I only share on my newsfeed when I am at a new low.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and use a trend weight app to watch the flucuations.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log it everyday (but I use my own calorie calculations outside of MFP so it is not constantly adjusting my calories).
  • HappyGirl2012
    HappyGirl2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Every morning as soon I wake up. Helps me stay focused on the goal.
  • savingfatsamira
    savingfatsamira Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning after I pee and what not.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    weigh everyday , but log once a week ,, even if i dont like what i see
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I casually weigh myself in the morning (not at a consistent time, scenario, etc.). But I'm doing official weight, measurements, and progress photos Saturday mornings post-workout, pre-breakfast.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Every day.

I have been weighing myself every day since I was ... I don't remember exactly ... maybe 17 years old. That's for 30+ years now ... with a few short-term exceptions, like when I'm travelling.
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on weekdays. On weekends I'm not home... or I would :)
  • zimazoom
    zimazoom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »

What app do you use? I would like to give it a try.
    Thanks.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    zimazoom wrote: »

Thanks.

I've tried a couple but I prefer Happy Scale. It even gives you the possibility to break down your goal weight to smaller milestones and it really keeps me motivated. :smile:
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Daily. I helps me stay focused and it helps me see when a plateau has started. After about a week at the same weight I can start my game plan instead of waiting three or four weeks.

^^ Same. I used to weigh weekly, but I started to find a weekly "weigh in" was too much pressure, but I'd heard weighing yourself daily can become obsessive so I didn't ever do this. Then I joined MFP, read the boards and realised so many people weigh daily, and now I do too. It's not for everyone, but I've found I actually worry less about the numbers than I did when I weighed weekly. Seeing an increase means I can see what's going on and notice trends and react earlier than I would with a weekly weigh.
    zimazoom wrote: »

Thanks.

I've tried a couple but I prefer Happy Scale. It even gives you the possibility to break down your goal weight to smaller milestones and it really keeps me motivated. :smile:

I'd also recommend Happy Scale. I love that you can choose your little milestones and take the focus off the big one (especially if like me, the end milestone is pretty huge! lol!)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Every day? Every week?
    I feel like I'll get anxious waiting a whole week. I'm an impatient person

Once a week. Every Sunday morning.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Every Sunday, either at midnight because that's technically, when a new day/week begins or as soon as I, go to the bathroom; after I awaken. If I was asleep, during that time!
  • lil_br_98
    lil_br_98 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning, right before I get in the shower. The only time I'll switch it up is if I'm going away then I'll usually weigh in the morning before I leave.