Pet Peeves!

Options

Replies

• PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Mostly when I am riding my motorcycle and someone just pulls out in front of me like I am not there. That thing doesn't stop on a dime! "I didn't see you" does very little when you could have killed me. Open your damn eyes. If you can't see a motorcycle, your eyesight isn't good enough to be driving at all. So stay your *kitten* at home or get someone to drive you. Actually had to lay it down and still clipped someones bumper a few weeks ago, and took nearly a month to get the money from her insurance. I swear, one day I will lose it and just beat the hell out of someone for that *kitten*, assuming I'm not overly injured in the accident.

You have to be super vigilant and assume people don't see you as the number of terrible drivers only increases each year. I don't drive a motorcycle here because my best case scenario is me breaking one or more of my bones.

you just have to be faster that folkes in the cars and truck, that will keep you alive...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when I have to use google as a spell check because Chrome doesn't do as good enough job. Neither does Word.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Mostly when I am riding my motorcycle and someone just pulls out in front of me like I am not there. That thing doesn't stop on a dime! "I didn't see you" does very little when you could have killed me. Open your damn eyes. If you can't see a motorcycle, your eyesight isn't good enough to be driving at all. So stay your *kitten* at home or get someone to drive you. Actually had to lay it down and still clipped someones bumper a few weeks ago, and took nearly a month to get the money from her insurance. I swear, one day I will lose it and just beat the hell out of someone for that *kitten*, assuming I'm not overly injured in the accident.

+1 we already ride with our head on a swivel...how much defensively can you ride ffs.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

I have to just always assume they are going to pull out in front of me because they do. I've had to go down on purpose to avoid a bigger accident and that is infuriating. On a smaller vehicle you appear to be farther away and moving slower. People are dumb.

This video of a mother hitting her son on a motorcycle makes me lol

She even says...be careful :)

Also you can watch the beginning where they talk but the goods happen at 3:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr6GkwQDDjk

Lol omg!

I wish I could find the video but I saw a good one where some lady ran the biker off the road when her lane ended and she merged into him. He had a helmet cam. Like right down the road there was a cop and he drove up to the cop and got him to pull her over :lol:

I've seen that one, but I think it was just a gif on imgur that I saw and not a video. Either way it was pretty awesome to watch!
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    When people don't push in chairs ... Only Bc I usually end of tripping or falling over them! As a pre-school teacher my students would never push in their chairs.. A lot is bruised knees and half catching myself from tumbling over.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    When people don't push in chairs ... Only Bc I usually end of tripping or falling over them! As a pre-school teacher my students would never push in their chairs.. A lot is bruised knees and half catching myself from tumbling over.

This is why I always walk, with my head down & people'll tell me, that I looked depressed but I then tell them, that I am trying to avoid an injury; to become depressed about!
  • amcalmond768
    Options

This is why I always walk, with my head down & people'll tell me, that I looked depressed but I then tell them, that I am trying to avoid an injury; to become depressed about!

Lmao that is the perfect response!!!! I am accident prone to begin with.. Don't need any more help in that area!
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited September 2016
    Options

Lmao that is the perfect response!!!! I am accident prone to begin with.. Don't need any more help in that area!

Thank you! I only am, during my cycle. Everyone knows it's that time, once they see me, using plastic dishes!
  • amcalmond768
    Options

Thank you! I only am, during my cycle. Everyone knows it's that time, once they see me, using plastic dishes!

Lmao haha.. I once fell down the stairs twice ... In one day
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    total_e wrote: »
    Yay, there's been an Aunt Flo sighting!

but late & half as much, lol talk about; an annoying relative!