Pet Peeves!

Options

Replies

• jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hold on:
    There are people who just graduated high school and consider/don't consider themselves smart, but are actually really smart.

There are also people who just graduated high school and are incredibly stupid, but their parents and closest loved ones alone are deluded that they are so smart and so special.

If you are smart, it shows in your actions and way of life. That is all I said.

I am not a classist, though I may be accidentally mistaken as one sometimes I come across as one ;)

Fair enough. But here...fixed it for you :wink:
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I just told a gentleman and his wife on the train that I am a furniture salesman.

Put that down as my pet peeve. People asking me what I do for a living just because of small talk.

:D

I dislike this, more than anything because I dislike admitting, that I don't work & then people ask why, since I don't "look disabled". So I just bury my face, into my cellular & try to avoid, any small talking; with anyone. Plus the impatient drivers, whom expect me; to run across the street because I am not in a wheelchair, using a walker/cane and/or walking, with a limp.
  • jenmar222
    Options
    Hold on:
    There are people who just graduated high school and consider/don't consider themselves smart, but are actually really smart.

There are also people who just graduated high school and are incredibly stupid, but their parents and closest loved ones alone are deluded that they are so smart and so special.

If you are smart, it shows in your actions and way of life. That is all I said.

I am not a classist, though I may be accidentally mistaken as one ;)

so am I smart?

You did impress me by properly attributing that quote earlier in the thread :love: lol
  • jenmar222
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Edit: Deleted bc it was annoying in the "pet peeve" thread :joy: ....

And bc have a very strict rule about not talking politics on the internet....

So, yes, carry on with your pet peeves
  • jenmar222
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I hate when waiters ask "Are you still working?" when, yes, the fact that I am mid-bite might hint that I am still "working" on eating :unamused: Plus, then I have to try to answer "Yes" with my mouth full :unamused:

I usually just wait, and swallow, and say "Betch back away from my food" :unamused:
  • jenmar222
    Options
    ^ Even I "liked" that :joy:
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    mjaykup wrote: »
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    When you pee in the wind and it blows back on your shoes.

Made that mistake once....now i check the direction if the wind

........ or find a public facility for that purpose.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    you guys really killed this thread will all that TL;DR talk.

Pet Peeve: People who tell me they have to tell me something...then proceed to wait hours before they tell. Don't mention anything until you are *kitten* ready to talk to me

Yes! It gives me crazy anxiety!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    I just told a gentleman and his wife on the train that I am a furniture salesman.

Put that down as my pet peeve. People asking me what I do for a living just because of small talk.

:D

That's literally the definition of small talk. What else are they supposed to ask?

I hate it too though...bc they end up asking incorrect follow up questions. And even if I try to explain, they don't get it. So it usually is a bit of a frustrating interaction lol

(Btw....using the word "literally" just to peeve that one guy :tongue:)

But if it is in fact the actual definition...the literally is appropriate.

Bless you.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    People going through the grocery checkout who realise they forgot something then hold the line up while they run and get it .. :/

People who try to shove their opinions down my throat ..

• Danho36
    Danho36 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Left turns into busy traffic. I will drive miles out of my way to prevent them.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh I have SO many!
    For example:

1. Finding the milk container empty in the fridge!
    2. cigarette smoke first thing in the morning, or any time for that matter!
    3. My adult kids ignoring my texts and emails, until they need something.
    4. The use of "irregardless". Its NOT a word, don't use it!