Pet Peeves!

Options

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    People who look down on others as if theirshit doesn't stink.

People who automatically assume they need to speak to me in Spanish. I don't mind if they actually speak the language, but don't make assumptions. Don't hurt yourself moron, I understand English, thank you very much.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    total_e wrote: »
    Close talkers, low talkers, man-hands...

:lol::lol:

I really, really like man-hands....you mean on a man, right? ;)
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    People who look down on others as if theirshit doesn't stink.

People who automatically assume they need to speak to me in Spanish. I don't mind if they actually speak the language, but don't make assumptions. Don't hurt yourself moron, I understand English, thank you very much.

This, good one!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    pet peeve = Firewalls... :grumble:
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Close talkers, low talkers, man-hands...

:lol::lol:

I really, really like man-hands....you mean on a man, right? ;)

Man-hands on a man are fine! lol

How do you feel about big thumbs?

Big thumbs are fine too! ;)
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Are we still in the perv thread? Oooops!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Swiper no swiping!!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    mjaykup wrote: »
    Swiper....like wtf dude? Leave that poor child and her monkey alone!

Which reminds me....animals in clothing? Just...stop...it

Have you ever watched Border Patrol? They busted a guy in an animal costume....JUST AS BAD!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when people say high when they mean drunk.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mostly when I am riding my motorcycle and someone just pulls out in front of me like I am not there. That thing doesn't stop on a dime! "I didn't see you" does very little when you could have killed me. Open your damn eyes. If you can't see a motorcycle, your eyesight isn't good enough to be driving at all. So stay your *kitten* at home or get someone to drive you. Actually had to lay it down and still clipped someones bumper a few weeks ago, and took nearly a month to get the money from her insurance. I swear, one day I will lose it and just beat the hell out of someone for that *kitten*, assuming I'm not overly injured in the accident.

I live in Ireland. I lived in Arizona for a few years. Can I give you my opinion on your post? Well, it's not really an opinion, more of an observation really. So my dad is 86 and cannot drive. He can walk to the nearest shop for milk and his paper and a few small items. If he needs to go anywhere else he phones me and I bring him BUT when I lived in the US, I met a lot of people that did not have the luxury of being able to walk to the shop for milk etc as their nearest shop was maybe 3k away. Their kids went away to college and are not local to them to drive them to the shop. So what do you expect these people to do? I may not be from a fancy place and may not live a life of luxury but we have set out the infrastructure for society for when it ages. I could not believe the lack of old people when I lived in the States. Where do they all go? Obviously the people that can afford it go to elderly communities but where do the others go? Oh I know. They stay at home and keep driving so they can still live....oh and drive out in front of people like your good self. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to give an outsider view.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Mostly when I am riding my motorcycle and someone just pulls out in front of me like I am not there. That thing doesn't stop on a dime! "I didn't see you" does very little when you could have killed me. Open your damn eyes. If you can't see a motorcycle, your eyesight isn't good enough to be driving at all. So stay your *kitten* at home or get someone to drive you. Actually had to lay it down and still clipped someones bumper a few weeks ago, and took nearly a month to get the money from her insurance. I swear, one day I will lose it and just beat the hell out of someone for that *kitten*, assuming I'm not overly injured in the accident.

It will stop on a dime when it hits the car wont it? I agree 100% though . I watched a man get killed on the highway when I lived in NJ in my early 20's. I was working at a car dealership and I got a front seat to the catastrophe when the car pulled out right in front of him and he was going about 60 he flipped over the car hit the ground and basically bled out from under his helmet. I assume he cracked his skull. I wasn't about to pull his helmet off to find out even though someone in the crowd suggested I do. That image haunted me for a great while. I read later in the paper he was 54 with 3 kids...what a shame. Mind you this was before the cell phone and texting era. This was a simple forgot to look twice situation id assume.