Pet Peeves!

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2016
    shara85 wrote: »
    When you are approaching a group of people on the sidewalk, and they all remain side by side, expecting you to dart in front of traffic to get by them. Walk single file people! At least allowing others to pass by.
    Also, when you hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you. I want to punch those people in the nose, LOL

I opened the door one morning for a man at work. He walked with two leg braces and it was really windy and raining out, so I waited the sec to hold it open for him. When he got to the door? He gave me crap, basically yelled at me that he didn't need any special favors from me...and stomped off...I felt horrible for days! I was doing something I would have done for absolutely anyone, and this guy squashed the desire to do that again pretty fast. ..if I remember, my boss at the time told me he was mean to everyone, not to take it personally...as if!

One of my pet peeves is when a door closes right in front of me when I'm following someone into a building. Come on person, you couldn't have even pushed the door so it closes slower and not in my face? Therefore I always hold the door open for other people.

Don't feel bad about it. The guy has a chip on his shoulder, not unjustifiably, but if he wants equal treatment and for people not to feel sorry for him, then I would of told him he is being rude and left.
  • People who 'vaguebook' ie post vague things on FB for attention without explaining the situation.
    People who start ridiculous posts on message boards for attention.
    People who complain about the same thing over and over again.
  • cee134
    People who 'vaguebook' ie post vague things on FB for attention without explaining the situation.
    People who start ridiculous posts on message boards for attention.
    People who complain about the same thing over and over again.

:+1:
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    People who talk loudly on their cell phones in waiting rooms. I don't like people that much so I really don't give an eff what you are talking about....you can stop pretending to be so important. Why don't you text like everyone else?

I was waiting for a plane in the spring and this husband and wife decided to FaceTime their daughter so they could chat with their dog.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    shara85 wrote: »
    When you are approaching a group of people on the sidewalk, and they all remain side by side, expecting you to dart in front of traffic to get by them. Walk single file people! At least allowing others to pass by.
    Also, when you hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you. I want to punch those people in the nose, LOL

I opened the door one morning for a man at work. He walked with two leg braces and it was really windy and raining out, so I waited the sec to hold it open for him. When he got to the door? He gave me crap, basically yelled at me that he didn't need any special favors from me...and stomped off...I felt horrible for days! I was doing something I would have done for absolutely anyone, and this guy squashed the desire to do that again pretty fast. ..if I remember, my boss at the time told me he was mean to everyone, not to take it personally...as if!

One of my pet peeves is when a door closes right in front of me when I'm following someone into a building. Come on person, you couldn't have even pushed the door so it closes slower and not in my face? Therefore I always hold the door open for other people.

Don't feel bad about it. The guy has a chip on his shoulder, not unjustifiably, but if he wants equal treatment and for people not to feel sorry for him, then I would of told him he is being rude and left.

I think I cried..lol. I was the young one at the office, didn't tend to speak up for myself back then.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    People pretending to be something the are not.

^^ this...although I make an exception for spies, actors and entertainers.

I sometimes like to walk around my house like I'm a dinosaur...can I get a pass from you on that one?

I think pretending is actually a form of acting isn't it? so technically you are an actor.

Not a very good one...the cat is the only thing that's convinced I'm a dinosaur when I do it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    mjaykup wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a pet peeve?!

People who blindly follow or believe anything.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited September 2016

I sometimes like to walk around my house like I'm a dinosaur...can I get a pass from you on that one?

I think pretending is actually a form of acting isn't it? so technically you are an actor.

I feel like acting is defined by being paid or at the least have an audience

If 1 looks into a mirror, while performing; they have their audience!
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member

Not a very good one...the cat is the only thing that's convinced I'm a dinosaur when I do it.

I have a hard time convincing my cats of anything... So that's a great feat if true!

I'm not sure if it really believes I'm a dinosaur...or it just doesn't like me trying to eat it. Might be time to perform a study.
  • cee134
    edited September 2016
    My pet peeve is when people don't commit to acting like a dinosaur and just half-asŝ it.
  • cee134
    Timshel_ wrote: »

if you private message @timshel_ at noon he will send you a candybar. I heard this from a friend and I know it to be true....

Which timezone... I'm hangry and want to get it right.

Send him one every hour, to be safe.
  • Timshel_

if you private message @timshel_ at noon he will send you a candybar. I heard this from a friend and I know it to be true....

DO NOT BLINDLY FOLLOW OR BELIEVE THIS!
    Only cause I ain't sharing mah candybar with just anyone.
    It has to be special and mean something.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member

I just want a taste :p
  • Timshel_

If you taste enough of it, there is a wonderful creamy burst of flavor.

*starts thinking about the candy rapper song*

https://youtu.be/S0lk14moOus
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member

You never disappoint :*
  • Timshel_

No worries...this just means that your message has to be heartfelt, humorous or filled with angst.

ec7.png
  • Timshel_

You never disappoint :*

Apparently I am also the ice cream man and not just the candy rapper.

Dedicate one to the ladies....

https://youtu.be/i2RKWJD5ops
  • Timshel_
    I would have pegged you as more of an almond joy type person...but I'm also not surprised by the lack of nuts

You will not be pegging me any time.
    No means no.
    Stop asking.

what if he sends YOU candybars? Does he have a chance? I am curious now.

I've had enough candybars sent, thank you.
    I am not curious.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member

I feel like acting is defined by being paid or at the least have an audience

If 1 looks into a mirror, while performing; they have their audience!

Thats just self reflection and practice

How about stuff animals and/or pets?