2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• roadkillbarbie
    roadkillbarbie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a total n00b here again and would be so appreciative of mentoring to help me reach goals. I'm in the UK (Scotland), so a similar timezone would probably be a good start :) My current job is very sedentary, I was a fit fan for quite some time until I started this job....9 years ago! I might know some stuff, but I'm classing myself as a newbie as I'm pretty much starting from the beginning. I'm an avid artist, gamer, book reader, film watcher, and dog walker. I have no active friends on here, so please drop me a message if you'd like to take me on (or just be friends!) Cheers, Kerri.
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Looking to adopt

My name is Heidi I am 36 and live in North Carolina USA

I am 5'7" and fairly muscular
    I am currently at 250 lbs making my way to 175

I have a heart of a Dancer/athlete in an "invisibly disabled" body.

I am committed to logging every bite every day, and to doing some type of physical activity every day.

I enjoy strength training 2-3 days a week.

I have a difficult struggle with my limitations,
    But if you are also ready to focus on what you CAN do, Instead of what you CAN'T do I am the mentor for you.

I love to encourage/ tell inspirational stories etc.

My hobbies are insanely varied (because I am unable to work) From Baking/Sewing/Reading To car/home repair, crafts, and singing I do alot.

If interested- send me a request with a bit of info about yourself and let's do this!
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Come on and adopt me! I'm a major foodie! So I need an accountability buddy. Exercise is not the issue--it's food. What can I say: I'm a Southern Belle that likes to cook as much as I like to eat!
  • plum82
    plum82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been an on and off member of MFP for a long time. My "on" time usually only lasted a week but I am now more motivated than I have ever been and I am looking for some help to lose some pounds!
    I need to lose 4 stone and would like someone to adopt me!
    I am 34 and a typical couch potato, however I am becoming more active (slowly) and improving my eating. Having just finished my first week of diet, I have lost 3lbs.
    I live in the Uk and work full time office hours!
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lucy, a 19 year vegan studying veterinary biosciences and recovering from ED. I love food, riding, cycling, hockey, outdoors and art. I am 5ft6 and currently 180lb looking to get to 145lb (pre ED weight). I desperately woulf love a mentor for the accountability, motivation, advice and support! Anybody out there?
  • emmuh1995
    emmuh1995 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Adopt me please!
    I'm 21, something bad happened, and want control of my body again. I'm finally at a good headspace where I understand how to recognize resistance, know that positivity is key, and realize I can only control certain things...so I should control them! My body image is one of them. I have some awful scars that make me self-conscious, but I can't control them-only my weight/fitness. So I must do it!! And I will do it because I'm a badass. (Who isn't too proud for a little mentor help
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message but not sure it went through.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Looking to adopt

My name is Heidi I am 36 and live in North Carolina USA

I am 5'7" and fairly muscular
    I am currently at 250 lbs making my way to 175

I have a heart of a Dancer/athlete in an "invisibly disabled" body.

I am committed to logging every bite every day, and to doing some type of physical activity every day.

I enjoy strength training 2-3 days a week.

I have a difficult struggle with my limitations,
    But if you are also ready to focus on what you CAN do, Instead of what you CAN'T do I am the mentor for you.

I love to encourage/ tell inspirational stories etc.

My hobbies are insanely varied (because I am unable to work) From Baking/Sewing/Reading To car/home repair, crafts, and singing I do alot.

If interested- send me a request with a bit of info about yourself and let's do this!

Thank you @ninthnarnian I have added you to the available mentors list in the OP.
  • SamMarriottPT
    SamMarriottPT Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Sam, and I'm a 22 year Online Personal Trainer and Fitness Writer from the UK. I was also a Mentor in the 2016 adopt a noob thread!

I'm back in this thread to become a Mentor again, and to offer my support and guidance for anyone who's new to MyFitnessPal! I've been a frequent user of MFP for 3 years and has been the essential tool to my own fitness journey! I've also wrote numerous articles, email courses and eBooks on using MyFitnessPal for clients and followers!

Feel free to add me and we'll have a chat :)
  • dewdrop129
    dewdrop129 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    34 yo looking for a mentor. I could use motivation and advice both. I am also trying to quit smoking at the same time. I'd prefer someone around my age but anyone who can relate is welcomed. :-) I am very motivated and want to take a well-rounded, comprehensive approach that is sustainable and long-term healthy habits/diet. I am also on Fitbit if someone wants to connect with me there. Also anypne who wants to friend me!
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I can be a mentor...maybe...well, I'm willing to try! I've been on MFP for two years and lost 40 pounds using CICO and nothing crazy. I'm vegetarian, and am a world-class maintainer (I don't lose weight easily, but I practically never gain it back). I'm okay with omnivores; I just don't eat meat because it suits me! I'm partially disabled and have to work around back injuries with low-impact exercise. I don't have a gym and do everything at home with almost no equipment. If you're looking for a relatively painless, cheap way to work fitness and better eating into your life, I am willing to help.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I need a project - so I can mentor one or two. Been at maintenance for a long time after losing 75 pounds. I have great recipes and am very active.

I regretfully cancelled my old MFP account after I hit maintenance...it was Go_Mizzou99. Been on MFP for about 4 or 5 years now.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I want to help, but find myself to be in need of a little bit of help as well.

I joined MFP Aug. 2009 and lost a ton of weight, 165 lbs lost at my lowest, I believe. Then I decided I wanted to get bigger and stronger, so starting lifting heavy. I used that as an excuse to over eat. I got stronger, but I also got bigger in the bad way.

Currently, I find myself starting over again. Like most people, I find it easier to make excuses when I'm only hurting myself. I could use someone that depends on me for support.

So long story short, if you're a noob who will do better with someone who's been down this road before, walking beside you, then let me be your mentor. Or, if you're not a noob, but not an expert either, and want someone to walk beside you, hit me up.
  • Jjustinia7
    Jjustinia7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new and would like to be adopted. I am starting my weight loss journey and would greatly appreciate any help, motivation and or friends i could get. I am going to be eating keto friendly and it would be awesome if someone could assist and or give me ideas as far as meals, exercising, encouragement etc. Looking forward to success!
  • kjwiggins868
    kjwiggins868 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Someone here adopt me.
    I'm 5'6" and 222lbs. Id like to get down to atleast 150, goal weight would be 135-140. Horrible eating habits and I've lost weight in the past but not in a healthy way. I have a torn ACL so any exercises someone can shoot my way to help me not rip it more would be a blessing. I need someone here to help me. Ty to whomever does.
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks Justin741 for mentoring. Justin has his noobs and no longer has availability.

I'd be willing to mentor or help someone be accountable.

In 2011 I lost 111lbs however as of November 2015 I gained back 66lbs but I'm on my way back down and I've lost 13lbs and rolling.

I am 33 years old, married with three young kids and a follower of Jesus.

I've been super motivated lately and want to encourage and motivate others. I hardly use Facebook or Instagram because I consider MyFitnessPal my social network.

I feel like I can help others due to my past success, past mistakes, and current progress and motivation. Shoot me a friend request and/or PM if you're interested.
  • jamesgdavenport
    jamesgdavenport Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I could use a mentor.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I need to be adopted!

I am 22 years old from Arizona. I currently have a desk job so the only exercise i get is at the gym.

Starting weight : 181.
    Today's weigh in : 175.5
    Goal Weight: 143

I am looking for someone to keep me motivated as i am in my transformation process.

I am currently on a diet of (Eggs, fruits, vegetables, rice, and beans) and i exercise 5 days a week. Monday thru Friday. Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays are my lower body strength training and stair climber cardio. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my upper body strength training and running/eliptical cardio days.

• Charlotte_tw
    Charlotte_tw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone interested in adopting me? I'm not new but I need someone to help me start again
  • redelman4
    redelman4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm putting myself up for adoption.

I'm 18 years old, 5'4", and my current weight is 130lb.

I've been on and off MFP for a while. I recently got back on because I feel like I've been starting to slack off and have also had a 5lb weight gain over the last few months. My goal weight is 115lb. I am just starting to try to get back in shape by cleaning up my diet and trying to exercise when possible, 3-4 times a week. I think I could use someone who would help me with motivation and planning out my workouts. Thank you to whoever wants to adopt me!
This discussion has been closed.