2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options
1333435363739»

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    allisonnch wrote: »
    Looking for a mentor, just time-to-time support.

I'm an athletic female (5'4'', 134lbs) with long-term physical injuries, and long-term disordered eating. I love to geek out on perception and emotion, down to the biology and neurology. :smiley:

Awesome! I think we’d click. Please take a quick glance at my mentor bio and let me know.
  • egwinnnn
    egwinnnn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love a friend to motivate me!
  • Tangled2015
    Tangled2015 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would very much like to get adopted.
    I lose focus in between.
    I just need someone whom I could answer to and who can guide me with my weight loss.
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I think my mentor has left after giving me some precious advice on diet and nutrition a week ago.Hope he is fine and in good health!

I am 193 lbs.Height5'5'. 35 years old.Want to lose 50-60 lbs.My first goal is to get to 170s.I am motivated but still need support and guidance.Few health issues which I want to get rid of.Just lost 5 pounds in two weeks time.I don't want to go for difficult exercises.I want to get consistent with mentors help for I will be accountable then.

Good Luck!

• demortae
    demortae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I could use a mentor/moral support type. A little about me:
    I'm 36, 5'3"
    SW: 252
    CW:190
    GW: 150 (for now)
    While I have lost some weight already, it was several years ago. Thankfully I was able to keep it off. I just started up again on Oct 28th. I don't have access to a gym because of where I live, so at home workout advice would be appreciated.
    Not looking for someone to sugar coat things for me. I'm not too good to be told. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes i need a kick in the pants.
  • salvador231
    salvador231 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After I got adopted by my sensei, I feel more confident in losing weight. I now lost 9 lbs in less than 2 weeks. Will have more to come. Thanks, sensei!
  • dawnmarie0425
    dawnmarie0425 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to be adopted, I’m needing a motivational push at times. Looking to lose 30lbs
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I would love to be adopted, I’m needing a motivational push at times. Looking to lose 30lbs

Good morning! I would love to help you if you are interested. Feel free to respond to this post or to PM me via the MFP site. I am in Winston-Salem, NC (so, USA - Eastern Time Zone).
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    fe452436 wrote: »
    Hi!

I think my mentor has left after giving me some precious advice on diet and nutrition a week ago.Hope he is fine and in good health!

I am 193 lbs.Height5'5'. 35 years old.Want to lose 50-60 lbs.My first goal is to get to 170s.I am motivated but still need support and guidance.Few health issues which I want to get rid of.Just lost 5 pounds in two weeks time.I don't want to go for difficult exercises.I want to get consistent with mentors help for I will be accountable then.

Good Luck!

I replied to your PM! :smiley:
  • tikinibz
    tikinibz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello I am looking at getting adopted... I was doing well mainting my fitness and building strength but I have lost motivation and I keep working out but I'm seeing the results I once was! I live in Canada and would like a mentor and guidance! :)
  • stratsp
    stratsp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a 30 y.o male 90kgs in weight with a height of 5'11" . I have never ever in life taken part in any physical exercise or sports. Now I am determined to get back in shape and try to loose all the body pains. I have extreme pains in knees at the slightest sign of stress. I need some suggestions as to how do I go about without damaging my joints (or my determination). Anyone interested in adopting me.
    I have just started another thread asking for advice as well, I wanted to link it here but don,t know how.
  • lilymoonstorm
    lilymoonstorm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do I delete the original post?

• fe452436
    Options
    If there are still mentors available to adopt!
  • WhiteFb6_Si
    WhiteFb6_Si Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If there are any mentors available i could definitly use some help and motivation, send me a pm with any questions
  • fe452436
    Options
    So sorry for the earlier posts.My mentor didn't leave.I just thought that may be he has.I want no other mentor.
  • Nerdbear88
    Nerdbear88 Posts: 62 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Putting myself out there again as a mentor. A little about myself. I started off a little over 2 years ago right at 400 pounds. As of today I am at 205 pounds. I have completed two half marathons and looking for my first full marathon and triathlon in 2018. I would particularly be willing to help individuals that are looking to lose 100+ pounds but will be willing to help out just about anyone. I'm also a huge nerd and tech geek. So if you like fitness gadgets ect then we will probably get along great.

Send me a PM if you would like to talk a bit more and see if we are a good fit.

2l70vnho6wyl.jpg
    7m5qcblz039i.jpg
  • jlove618
    jlove618 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! So I want to put myself out there to mentor/accountabilabuddy. A little about me: my weight has fluctuated (sometimes dramatically) my entire life, but I am so sick of that unhealthy cycle - so this is the last time I go through this weight loss thing! Currently, I am about 11 pounds into what will amount to be an 80 lb weight loss journey. In addition to losing weight and building a healthy lifestyle, I also want to gain muscle and increase flexibility. I'd be looking to mentor someone with similar goals because that is what I have knowledge on. As far as mentoring goes, I would be on you like white on rice - helping to keep you motivated, answering questions you might have (to the best of my ability!), and pushing you to stay on track. If this sounds like something that would be helpful for you, send me a message!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hey noobs and mentors,

We are closing this discussion as we wrap up the 2017 year. We will be opening a new discussion soon to help match noobs and mentors together in 2018.

When we open this discussion I will @ all mentors for 2017 to make sure you are aware of the new discussion.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.