2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Offering up my help to a new MFPer in need of direction and accountability to stay on track and work consistently towards both intermediate and long term fitness goals. All my former adoptees have since fallen off the face of the Earth so I am game for a couple of new ones. Helping you also helps me.

Feel free to send me a request with a brief explanation, but please meet the following conditions:

1) Be 100% committed. No excuses.
    2) Be prepared to record your food and exercise diary daily without exception.
    3) Have a positive attitude. This process does not have to suck. It can even be fun.
    4) Be ready to establish goals and adopt a plan of action to get you there.
    5) Be prepared for weight in each week on Sunday mornings.
    6) Don't be a fad diet practitioner.
    7) Buckle your seat belt, because it's often a bumpy ride.

Best of luck to all as you embark on a crusade for a new you.

• MFPLiftWeightsRun
    MFPLiftWeightsRun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Is this still a thing? I would love a mentor.

It's still a thing.
    I'm available to help one more mentee.
    I'll send you a message via MFP messenger.

- Best
  • adamglasby1995
    adamglasby1995 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Offering up my help to a new MFPer in need of direction and accountability to stay on track and work consistently towards both intermediate and long term fitness goals. All my former adoptees have since fallen off the face of the Earth so I am game for a couple of new ones. Helping you also helps me.

Feel free to send me a request with a brief explanation, but please meet the following conditions:

3) Have a positive attitude. This process does not have to suck. It can even be fun.

Hey Robby,

This sounds perfect for me. But I can message you?

Cheers
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

5) Be prepared for weigh in each week on Monday mornings.

I'm going to plagiarize Robby's conditions..... they are excellent !!
    I'm available to mentor 1 person..... :):)

• adamglasby1995
    adamglasby1995 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Noob here, looking for a mentor.

Being YO-Yoing with the gym for the last year or so. But motivated to fully dedicated due to a newborn into family and wanting to have a good impression. Currently weigh 18 stone 10lb. First target weight is 16 stone 10lb then 14 stone 10lb.
  • MFPLiftWeightsRun
    MFPLiftWeightsRun Posts: 15 Member
    Options

100% committed, no excuses? LOL.
    People like that train for marathons and aren't on this board.

Ease up, man.
    It's ok to just help people and through dialogue, they learn

Best -

• nwalker0814
    nwalker0814 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If there are still mentors looking to adopt.. I'd love your help

I'm almost thirty and have very active kiddos, two grand babies and I work with scouts. I love being active with them so my goal isn't so much to loose weight but not to be healthier and more stamina to keep up. Which is not currently possible. I have been trying on my own for the last year and getting no where. I lose motivation and just give up. I will give this my all this time around but having some backup can never be a bad thing. I always tell my kids don't be afraid to ask for help and decided it's time to take my own advice. I need help!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

100% committed, no excuses? LOL.
    People like that train for marathons and aren't on this board.

Ease up, man.
    It's ok to just help people and through dialogue, they learn

Best -

At all of 19 posts I can understand how you would not know this, but there are plenty of marathoners and ultra runners here on MFP. I ran a half marathon myself a little over a month ago.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    If there are still mentors looking to adopt.. I'd love your help

I'm almost thirty and have very active kiddos, two grand babies and I work with scouts. I love being active with them so my goal isn't so much to loose weight but not to be healthier and more stamina to keep up. Which is not currently possible. I have been trying on my own for the last year and getting no where. I lose motivation and just give up. I will give this my all this time around but having some backup can never be a bad thing. I always tell my kids don't be afraid to ask for help and decided it's time to take my own advice. I need help!

Welcome! Please feel free to check out my mentor-bio on the first page and reach out if you think we’d get along.
  • linchambers0208
    linchambers0208 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love a mentor if someone is available. I am highly motivated and love to set and squash goals!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I will mentor any female 50+
    Been there, done that. Send me a message.
    Lost over 70# and kept them off for two years.
  • dragoman6002
    dragoman6002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to donate some of my time to be a mentor. I'm 5'9" 220 10% body fat and really enjoy being active. My background is in weight lifting with sport specific training in both rugby and football and now have ventured into the realm of rock climbing and yoga. I played rugby for 12 years and have been doing yoga and rock climbing for 4 years. If anyone would like to contact me, feel free. I will try to do what I can.
  • sweetpamii
    sweetpamii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there I’m looking for a mentor.

A little about me, I’m a 29 year old Mum of two, one of which has quite a few health problems, so the last few years have been all about the kids and I have just realised i need to get myself sorted.

I’m not an active person and have been put on an inhaler and generally struggle trying to get fit. I want all this to change.

I would like to lose 3 stone ish, and have only been on MFP for 6 days but I’ve really started trying to think about what I’m eating and have started doing a 30 minute fitness video, which I have done fully for the last 4 days, which is more than I’ve ever done.

I’d like to think I can do this but have so many questions about nutrition and I know there will be things I should and shouldn’t be doing.

I’m hoping someone will be happy to help me along. I’ll keep plodding along until then :)

Pammi x
  • jlove618
    jlove618 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please adopt me! I'm 27 years old, currently in graduate school, have a full time job and am looking to lose 73 pounds (I've lost 7 already!). My biggest goal is building healthy habits (in addition to losing weight, of course). Right now, I work out when I can (cardio mostly, but I'm starting to add strength training) and am trying my best to eat as healthy as possible, but I feel like I need some guidance! If you have extra room for me, I'd be extremely appreciative <3
  • salvador231
    salvador231 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My name is Sal and I beg to be adopted. I just recently been dump by my ex for being overweight and I feel bitter and awful for my self. My ex thinks I am the same guy 10 years ago (180 lbs) but after he saw my recent picture and told my weight, my ex suddenly became cold and started ignoring me and I feel so miserable. I currently weigh 240 lbs and my goal is 180 lbs. I want to be motivated and use my frustration and anger to become healthy. I also want to have my sweet revenge as well. I am 34 years old and a graduate student here in San Antonio, Texas. Whenever I am angry and motivated, I can do hours and hours of exercise. Thanks guys
  • tushar_khan
    tushar_khan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new but i would like to be adopted. I am 26 years old and 187lbs. im 5.10 ft. i need to get back down to 165. I want and need to be mentored desperately to get back to where i used to be 4 years ago. Please help!
  • fitnessminded1
    fitnessminded1 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am new here, so I appreciate all of the help and positive feedback that I get! I would like to find positive minded people that would be interested in motivating / mentoring me on this weight loss path and in turn I could motivate them (as best as possible) :) Feel free to add me as a friend/send message via MFP messenger.
  • TheGimp
    TheGimp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello. I haven't done a very good job on myself and would like a mentor to help keep me on track.

I also have accumulated a bunch of information and might be able to help one other person, but I'm not sure anyone wants a mentor who is having problems themselves. I think it's easier to help someone else over helping myself.
  • Roze65
    Roze65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    May I be adopted please?
    I need to find someone who will help motivate me without lecturing and scolding me. If that makes sense?
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ooh can someone adopt me?

29yr female 250lbs, need support
This discussion has been closed.