Halo Top...how the heck do they do it???

Options

Replies

• EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Enlighten ice cream bars.. calories..salted caramel is to die for. find it at sprouts, chocolate mint, chocolate chip. also Yasso is frozen greek yogurt bars. also heavenly. has calories, low carbs delish. have strawberry, cookies and cream. cookie dough, and mor. found at walmart and target
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it before this post. Found it and ate the whole pint of chocolate today, it's really good! I do wish the sodium was lower though, but I made it fit into today's macros. Yum, I'm going to have to check out the other flavors.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time today. The peanut butter cup flavor. VERY impressed!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I wish we had this Halo ice cream in Australia :(:(:(

Oh wait, I am sure we will get it....in about 10 years time.
  • landshark28
    landshark28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners, it's like drinking a Diet Coke. It will kill your body but keep your calories in check. Don't eat too often
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just picked up my first pint the other day of Salted Caramel. I haven't dug into it yet. Another thing I picked up that is really good is Dole Dippers. They are dark chocolate covered strawberry halves or bananas. They also had pineapple...but I didn't grab one. They are 60 and 100 calories for a pack and satisfy my sweet tooth!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    kavahni wrote: »
    It is interesting to me, how many of you say that you buy a pint and then you eat the entire thing. The most prominent sweetener in this is erythritol. It is not really good stuff. And, one of the bad things about it, is that it keeps your brain from registering satiation, so you just keep eating it. It is also known to cause gastric problems like diarrhea constipation and bloating, and also can cause headaches. Just be cautious, OK?

I've never eaten a whole pint at once, the $12 price tag per tub stops that.. Plus 200g is pleny enough for me.

As for the stomach issues. I have a cast iron gut, nothing gives me a dodgy tummy.

$12? I only pay $5 for mine!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Why the hate for Halo Top? I just started seeing it at my local grocery store in Virginia ...I think it's like 3.99 maybe? I might have to try to see what the hype is about.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners, it's like drinking a Diet Coke. It will kill your body but keep your calories in check. Don't eat too often

Not like any ice cream is 'healthy' so it's a good treat but not something to eat daily, in my opinion. But great as a rare treat because to me it tastes great and I live the nutrition profile much more than Ben & Jerry's.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I keep wanting to try this stuff. I usually get Skinny Cow. Does anyone know if Wal Mart carries it?
  • MichellePatte92
    MichellePatte92 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I *kitten* love my mint Arctic Zero...hated Halo Top!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I have never tried any of the Halo Top. It's a bit pricey and I've always been a bit concerned about the possible "side effects" of eating too much. Hen
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Heck I just take a 90 cal 6 oz Yoplait yogurt cup put it in the freezer and eat it. it is a bit icy but satisfies my ice cream craving.
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You tell everybody. Listen to me! You've gotta tell them! Halo Top is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I saw 5 pages of"I love fake ice cream"...and I laughed out loud because I love real ice cream, and I eat it in moderation and within my calorie budget...bawhahahaha >:) It even has protein in it! :p
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    kavahni wrote: »
    It is interesting to me, how many of you say that you buy a pint and then you eat the entire thing. The most prominent sweetener in this is erythritol. It is not really good stuff. And, one of the bad things about it, is that it keeps your brain from registering satiation, so you just keep eating it. It is also known to cause gastric problems like diarrhea constipation and bloating, and also can cause headaches. Just be cautious, OK?

I've never eaten a whole pint at once, the $12 price tag per tub stops that.. Plus 200g is pleny enough for me.

As for the stomach issues. I have a cast iron gut, nothing gives me a dodgy tummy.

$12? I only pay $5 for mine!

I'm in Australia, just about everything is over double the price than in America. I've scaled it down to 100g a serve, and mix cottage cheese in with the halo top (Chocolate) , so now i get around 3 serves per tub, rather than 2. I can't afford $6 per bowl for icecream!

I wish we had this Halo ice cream in Australia :(:(:(

Oh wait, I am sure we will get it....in about 10 years time.

@domeofstars we can get Halotop here. Woolies is starting to get it in, in some states. I'm down South, and get mine from Foodland, our Woolies is getting it in soon.

It's $10 in Woolworths and $12 in Foodland.

You can find a list of stockists here: https://www.halotop.com.au/
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Been trying to get my hands on oatmeal cookie forever but my local target doesn't have it or it's always sold out...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I thought the Birthday cake tasted pretty much the same as Vanilla, but with a few speckles sprinkled through, and birthday cake has more calories than Vanilla.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I just bought the Birthday Cake kind for tomorrow or the next day ((not enough cals tonight.)) I hope it's good. I almost got the Salted Caramel but it was like 60 more calories or so- so I thought I'd try this one instead. I've had the Lemon Cake and the Mint Chip and both were decent.

I love the birthday cake! Tastes like the blue bunny birthday cake version to me!