Ladies: Do you cheat during your period?

Options
I Just started the cycle today and my cheat day is on Saturday but I'm a bit skeptical on eating junk food due to the fact that I think I will gain weight. Helppp

What will you guys suggest ...?

Replies

• leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it a cheat but yes I go way over on my calories eating hormonally every 4-6 weeks. I eat at a slight deficit the rest of the time. So it balances. This month I didn't get cravings. Got cramps and insomnia instead which I never get. So I didn't overeat this time.

I have that one big splurge day and that's it. I'm fine until the next time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options
    Ladies: Do you cheat during your period?

Nope. Just carry on as normal.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance
  • wheninroam
    wheninroam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you're asking about chocolate... I definitely get that in! BUT I still manage the rest of my calories so I don't overload. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat because there are no 'cheat foods' for me. I do eat more the week before because I'm typically starving, but I eat less the rest of the time to compensate.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    I either factor a bit of junk food in to my calorie goal or eat at mainenance for a day or two. If by Cheat that's what you mean, then yes. If you mean do I eat everything in sight without regard for my long term weight loss plan and undo all my hard work - nope.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I crave more carbs, and I eat more carbs but I don't consider it cheat. I just plan meals as pasta or oats & with fruit on days like that so I feel satisfied

• laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I feel a bit hungrier a few days before, but the day I start I lose my appetite (I get bad cramps and back aches). If I want a cookie or a cupcake, I eat it and just account for it and work it into my calories. Most days I'm under calories, so if 1 day a week I go a bit over, I just own it and move on :)
  • 87sid
    87sid Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't usually specifically cheat. If I cheat (go over my deficit calorie goal) at any point, it's because I made a bad choice. And it usually involves pepperoni pizza because I can't fit that into my cals, unless I starve half the day. And I do not move my cals to maintenence because I'll still gain back the progress I've made the week before. I would suggest fitting what you can into your calorie goal.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't do cheat days or meals, but during PMS I do eat a lot more than usual. I decided a while back not to fight it and just let myself eat over my usual calories. I try to limit it to 300 calories over maintenance, but it doesn't always go that well--like yesterday (see the post about butter!).

Once my period starts, my appetite plummets, so it sort of balances out. For me this works--my life is too crazy and hectic to worry about reigning in the PMS appetite monster. And, since I have to deal with it every 26 days for a number of years more, I figured I needed to make peace with an easy plan and not beat myself up over it.

ETA: I have been losing about a pound per week this way. I'm sure I could lose more quickly if I kept to my deficit during PMS, but then I would have to try really really hard not to hurt someone :lol:
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving something during my period I will eat it and work it into my calories for the day. Or sometimes I feel like I am starving and can't eat enough so I will eat until I am full. It's never had much of an effect on my weight loss and it helps me to get it all over with in one day instead of dragging it out and eating like crap for a week.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    I just eat what I want
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't really "cheat". I eat what I want and count the calories and move on.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No. But I tended to eat more before, and less during. Perhaps a bit more chocolate and salt. :) Once my period came I never had an appetite. I didn't force myself to eat. It evened out.