2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    JB035 wrote: »
    @VintageFeline
    Hatch Squat Program 2 days a week
    3 days per week a Progressive loading upper body Program of my own.
    Once or twice a week I'll throw in a metcon of my own making.
    For example:
    5 Rounds
    10 deadlifts @ 185
    10 Handstand Push Ups
    10 cal row
    10 power snatch's @ 95
    10 chest to bar

I would suggest finding a structured program and following it exactly for three to four months...

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    @ndj1979
    50/50!! I just recently put on some weight. So half is fat??!!

Yes...
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @ndj1979
    I heard that. I'm recovering from some knee issues that started back in November of last year. As of now I'm feeling pretty good and headed back to much higher volume of work. Most likely will be getting back on a Brute program.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    @VintageFeline
    Hatch Squat Program 2 days a week
    3 days per week a Progressive loading upper body Program of my own.
    Once or twice a week I'll throw in a metcon of my own making.
    For example:
    5 Rounds
    10 deadlifts @ 185
    10 Handstand Push Ups
    10 cal row
    10 power snatch's @ 95
    10 chest to bar

I would suggest finding a structured program and following it exactly for three to four months...

get out of here with that good advice and *kitten*.
  • JB035
    Options
    I just finished up my set of nights at work and I needed at ton of cals when I finally made it back home early this morning! I might have feel sleep and missed my 3am meal... oops.

The kids cereal took a beating! LOL

Blueberry mini wheats and a cup of milk saved the day this morning! 23 grams of protein and 100 carbs.

Pancakes are next on the menu....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I miss my dinner sometimes when I come home.

Usually I go ham the next day. I'm starting to flag a little- not going to lie. It's getting to me as we come to the end of the bulk. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • JB035
    Options
    pftb0y5mfxg3.png

Hit it hard straight or the gate! I add three extra eggs to the mix. No milk needed. Boom!
  • brettr23
    brettr23 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Caloric intake is key so you can sub macros of equal ratio. Macros just make it easy for you to count. Much easier to count 40 P, 40C,7F rather 383 cals. A protein is 4 cals a carb is 4 cal and a fat is 9 cals so I can sub carbs for protein and I can swap 2 proteins/carbs for 1 fat essentially. That's the beauty of flexible dieting. So if you out and you have to work some numbers to hit your caloric goals than do because the name of the game is cals in cals out.
    Okay then. I'm not going to deny I'm hardheaded! Haha

Eating a strict clean diet does suck for the most part. Looking back through my diary, I'm pretty much eating like IIFYM anyways. Occasional stuff here and there through out the weeks as long as it fits in my Macros. Some days I miss my goal and some days I go over, not sure how that plays out in the grand scheme of putting on muscle.

Ultimately I can eat a pretty good amount of food, as long as it's planned out and prepared. If not I will eat what ever the quickest. The problem with eating what ever is the cals jump up real high real quick, leaving less for the remainder of the day.

So this is my questions:

Are Protein, Carbs and Fats still important? You know what I mean... if you don't hit your base % numbers but get your cals, is it still the same?

Should it just add 200-300 cals or 1000?

Caloric intake is key so you can sub macros of equal ratio. Macros just make it easy for you to count. Much easier to count 40 P, 40C,7F rather 383 cals. A protein is 4 cals a carb is 4 cal and a fat is 9 cals so I can sub carbs for protein and I can swap 2 proteins/carbs for 1 fat essentially. That's the beauty of flexible dieting. So if you out and you have to work some numbers to hit your caloric goals than do because the name of the game is cals in cals out.
  • JB035
    Options
    @brettr23
    Thanks man.. I can see you've been on the block/zone before.

That's pretty much what happened yesterday. I was busy all day and waking up from working nights I knew my time to eat eat short. So I ate high cal meals all day but missed my carb goal.
  • brettr23
    Options
    @brettr23

That's pretty much what happened yesterday. I was busy all day and waking up from working nights I knew my time to eat eat short. So I ate high cal meals all day but missed my carb goal.

Yeah happens all the time....just try to hit your macro total but know only carbs and proteins sub even
  • brettr23
    Options
    @brettr23

Also I have tried all forms of diet and they all require you at some point to just use best judgement. I don't count like I used to but did the other day and was only 3 over my macro total. Once you have done it a while you get a rhythm and the thought doesn't have to be as strict, you just know
  • JB035
    Options
    0rac0p8wzeiy.jpg
    This is more fun than eating "clean"! Thanks for all the direction.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    0rac0p8wzeiy.jpg
    This is more fun than eating "clean"! Thanks for all the direction.

I see nothing unclean there, unless that's not browning in those pancakes. ;)
  • JB035
    Options
    Pure goodness! LOL