Starting apetamin

Options
2»

Replies

• arnsma
    arnsma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm also starting with the Apetamin pills soon. I had syrup 2 yrs ago and from 2 bothles I gained 5 kg. I wasn't consistent so I lost them in this 2 yrs. Pills are much more easy to care around in my bag.
    I'm 24 y. old, 166 cm and just 43 kg. I hope so pills would work for me. I wish u good luck with your journey. :wink:
    Hello im new to this but yea, SO i heard alot of good things about Apetamin and i order the pills and i should get them this friday 3/17/17 and i cant wait to start them. After i had my son 3 yrs ago I struggled w my weight i was 86 pounds. I am 5'2. i was soo insecure i eat 2 times a day maybe 1, i am not anorexic by the way i just dont ever have the appetite, i work 2 jobs plus dealing w my son i kinda forget to eat, hard to believe but its true. RN i am 91 (3/15/17) and ive been eating everything i can but my METABOLISM is realllly fast. I cant gain weight so i hope this APETAMIN WORKSSS. My weight goal is 115. & i just wanna add that none of my family members (both sides) arent small so its not like in my blood or anything... I know is going to take time. But does anybody knows how fast apetamin works? Please someone let me know.

• jjhaynes87
    jjhaynes87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also bought some apetamin about 2 years ago and had gained 5 pounds in a week from it. However, I wasn't consistent with it and stopped taking it. I just ordered another bottle of it and I want to start my weight gaining journey back. I am currently 104 but would like to get up to 130 by the end of this year. I'm only 5'1 so I feel that 130 is enough. I'm so tired of being skinny also. It feels good to see other people on here like me that are on a weight gain journey. Great motivation!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    jjhaynes87 wrote: »
    I also bought some apetamin about 2 years ago and had gained 5 pounds in a week from it. However, I wasn't consistent with it and stopped taking it. I just ordered another bottle of it and I want to start my weight gaining journey back. I am currently 104 but would like to get up to 130 by the end of this year. I'm only 5'1 so I feel that 130 is enough. I'm so tired of being skinny also. It feels good to see other people on here like me that are on a weight gain journey. Great motivation!

5lbs in a week will nearly be all fat.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

I get the impression the apetamin users don't care. Until they do actually get fat and don't like where the fat has gone.
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I get the impression the apetamin users don't care. Until they do actually get fat and don't like where the fat has gone.

Yeah but there are other pills they can take for that, right? Right?
  • SlayMir
    SlayMir Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've actually tried apetamin on two diff occasions and I love my results. As long as you're working out while using it you won't have to much fat to worry about. I'm going to start using it again to gain about 15 more lbs
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    SlayMir wrote: »
    I've actually tried apetamin on two diff occasions and I love my results. As long as you're working out while using it you won't have to much fat to worry about. I'm going to start using it again to gain about 15 more lbs

Nope. Even if you are following a progressive overload program (lifting heavy things) as a female you'll be lucky to gain 0.5-1lb of muscle per month. If you're gaining say, 10lbs a month, as a lot of people seem to do in these threads, then pretty much all of that is fat.

We've even had those who have gained rapidly while working out come and complain that despite that working out they are unhappy with the results because genetically the fat goes where they don't want it coupled with gaining no muscle.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

The problem is that if you've always been too thin and have difficulty with eating more food,the prospect of taking something which makes you hungry ,and therefore enables you to eat more without making too much effort,seems very attractive. I've never taken ampetamine (I don't like the idea of taking an unregulated drug and recognise I need to retrain my appetite naturally;ie by eating more) but as someone who has always struggled to gain weight I can understand the attraction. It's miserable forcing yourself to eat when you don't want to.
    It was only when I started using mfp that I realised I just hadn't been eating enough and that upping my calorie intake actually wasn't that hard. But it takes time,effort and patience and an acceptance that extra weight won't always go where you'd like it to go.

Edit: to those that say they don't care if they get a fat belly : trust me,you WILL care. Much of the weight I've gained initially went to my stomach. (It's my genetics ) It's no fun having to buy bigger jeans,not because you've got a curvy bottom but because your old ones won't fit over your belly :'(
  • VintageFeline
    Options

The problem is that if you've always been too thin and have difficulty with eating more food,the prospect of taking something which makes you hungry ,and therefore enables you to eat more without making too much effort,seems very attractive. I've never taken ampetamine (I don't like the idea of taking an unregulated drug and recognise I need to retrain my appetite naturally;ie by eating more) but as someone who has always struggled to gain weight I can understand the attraction. It's miserable forcing yourself to eat when you don't want to.
    It was only when I started using mfp that I realised I just hadn't been eating enough and that upping my calorie intake actually wasn't that hard. But it takes time,effort and patience and an acceptance that extra weight won't always go where you'd like it to go.

Oh I'm not arguing about the frustration of trying to gain weight, the struggle can easily be as frustrating as losing weight.

My point was less about apetamin but more about those that use it and the predominance of not caring about healthy weight gain. Or, as you are doing, learning to upregulate your appetite so you can maintain a higher weight.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

Oh I'm not arguing about the frustration of trying to gain weight, the struggle can easily be as frustrating as losing weight.

My point was less about apetamin but more about those that use it and the predominance of not caring about healthy weight gain. Or, as you are doing, learning to upregulate your appetite so you can maintain a higher weight.

Yup,and as it's too expensive to use long term,I'm not sure what happens when you stop taking it.
  • jjhaynes87
    jjhaynes87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not just taking the apetamin and sitting in front of a television eating unhealthy foods. I'm working out as well so that I can have healthy gains this time.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm not just taking the apetamin and sitting in front of a television eating unhealthy foods. I'm working out as well so that I can have healthy gains this time.

Working out can provide some good gains, but that is going to be based on if you have good programming. That means compound lifting in a progressive overload nature. There are also limitations in muscle growth, which for women is roughly 1 lb per months. So if you aren't following a progressive overload lifting program and you are gaining more than a few lbs a month, it won't be healthy gains. And by program overload lifting program, I don't just mean doing random weights and ab exercises. You are talking about one of the below. The fact is, gaining muscle and mitigating fat is hard.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1