Breakfast

Options
awakeningwallflower
awakeningwallflower Posts: 17 Member
I am always stumped on what to have for breakfast. What do you guys enjoy eating? What meals help really start the day??

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. During the week I have a pb sandwich (with low sugar jelly when I feel like it), and on the weekends I tend to go for a more traditional route. Honestly, food is food and you can eat whatever you want whenever you want. I love waffles for dinner! :smile:
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of smoothies and overnight oats during the week.
  • Keri527
    Keri527 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage, turkey bacon, egg (whites), whole grain english muffin with peanut butter, fruit or smoothies are my go to breakfasts.
    I am not a banana fan, but will slice and put on top of english muffin or toast with PB.
  • jennytalinda
    jennytalinda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually switch between omelet , Oatmeal or protein pancakes. Kodiak pancakes are my favorite. Dark chocolate and crunchy peanut butter both have 14g of protein and they are amazingggg.
  • dennisTee
    dennisTee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 1/4 cup of egg whites. 2 slices of ham. 25g of cheese. Made into an omelette. 1/2 grapefruit.
    362 Calories
    Although I'm 5'11" 235lbs (still losing though lol). I find it pretty filling =)

Obviously adjust for your height/weight
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you are an adult, the good thing is that you can eat whatever you want. I had spaghetti and a salad for breakfast a couple days ago.

I had a BLT and avocado sandwich.

Sometimes it's leftover pizza.

Mostly it's eggs, sausage and oatmeal. But you know. Whatever I feel like.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I am always stumped on what to have for breakfast. What do you guys enjoy eating? What meals help really start the day??

Most days it is cereal for me, with toast and boiled egg, toast and jelly, or simply toast and butter, plus a cup of tea.. Today was special - sausage, scrambled egg, toast, bacon, waffle, syrup, and the usual cup of tea.
  • bertygriffith
    bertygriffith Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Shredded mini wheats
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of eggs n' oats. 2 eggs whipped with a !/4 cup oats mixed with the eggs and then microwaved in glass bowl that has been light sprayed with olive oil with 1 slice of bread toasted with no granulated sugar jam. Comes to 310 cal.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Usually egg white omelet with potatoes
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Nothing.... I prefer saving calories for later in the day
  • atharmajeed506
    atharmajeed506 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    overnight oats and 2 boiled eggs
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Usually a protein shake. If I'm hungry I will make hemp seed "oatmeal".
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday I made a recipe for vegetarian patties but didn't cook up all the 'batter' ... had enough left to make a plate of them today and decided to have them for breakfast instead of oatmeal with egg or yogurt with fruit.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast daily and have never felt better.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Lately it has been breakfast pizza.
    Egg scrambled with Jimmy Deans turkey sausage crumbles, and chopped veggies of your choice, Laughing Cow cheese wedge, on a oven toasted low calorie tortilla. I toast several at a time and wrap in Saran Wrap and freeze individually. (they thaw out by the time I get to work) I make the scrambled egg (with all add ins) in a mug in the microwave at work. If you would prefer, don't toast the tortilla and do a wrap.
  • katepauul26
    katepauul26 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    egg whites with shredded cheese on rye toast or protein pancakes during the week for me
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I make a huge frittata Sunday night - put in anything you like - I typically put in tomatoes, onion, pepper - cut a slice every morning, put on whole wheat English Muffin with a slice of cheese and a schmear of spicy brown mustard.