Beautiful Behaviors - April 2017

Options
This thread will be for people who are focusing on creating a set of gorgeous habits that support a healthy lifestyle.

Weight loss is a byproduct, and not the focus. We will practice self-care by eating healthy foods, moving our bodies, drinking enough water, and other activities that make us FEEL GOOD without harmful effects.

For example, taking an hour with your current book on your favorite lounge chair is a great way to take care of yourself. Get a massage or facial, spend time with a friend, crafting… all good ways to make us feel good without the harmful effects of immediate gratification activities like overeating or indulging in other unhealthy activities. It’s all about taking care of ourselves and loving ourselves and making ourselves happy EVEN IF we are not at a weight we love right now.

Yes, we want to lose weight, but there’s more to life than that. Sometimes giving yourself a foot massage will keep you from the donut. Sometimes it won’t but you will still feel better.

This is a judgment free zone. Let’s support each other and leave the negativity offline. I’m tired of beating myself up about my size. I want to plan to do the best I can and not feel guilty about life getting in the way.

I’m a big believer in baby steps, and setting realistic goals, and celebrating every little success! No reason we can’t enjoy the journey to a healthier lifestyle, no reason we have to feel “wrong” because we are where we are.

If you like the way this sounds, please introduce yourself in this thread. Share whatever you like and come back often! I look forward to meeting people with similar attitudes towards life.

Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    on another note, the thing that makes me most frustrated is when i know i'm doing my best, or at least THINK i'm doing my best, and manage only not to gain weight for months. i'm ready for a loss! i've been flirting with the high 240s for months. i'm ready for the 230s!
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello all ! Checking in to say hello!

Things are nuts, but what else is new? Just want to say hello....

We are in the "post New Year, okay is this all there is to life?, I'm sick of counting, logging and avoiding ice cream" phase. Let's regain our motivation!!!!!

Kick butt girls! (And if "butt" becomes "kitten" ....I give up"

Kim
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    well KITTEN!!!

I had this fabulous post written and it went away, POOF!

Hi to everyone. I'll try again tomorrow when the glass of wine wears off. Less than a half cup. I'm a lightweight.

Love to all.

Lea
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst That makes you a cheap date.

Hi All. Keep rockin' it. Feeling pretty proud of myself these days.

Now I just have to find the energy to exercise. Grrrrr!

Or even stretch. The aches and pains of this nearly 46 year old body are a newfound joy daily.

LOL Kim
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    fighting hard today! tracked my breakfast, and plan to continue. feeling like crap though, my back and hips are tight and tired of dragging around my weight. today I feel like I might not make it through the whole work day. I have a full morning of meetings, so maybe that will get me going.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    amazing how a productive meeting can wake me up and give me a little more oomph to get through the day. I was planning on going home at lunch, and now I scheduled 2 more meetings for after lunch. yay!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Sherri, that is awesome! inspiring others is so motivating in itself, isn't it? you inspire me too! reading about your workouts make me want to try harder.

@xxbrimstonexx, I used to do that, until I turned about 40, 45. i'll be 60 this year, and long learned that even if I'm not the shape I desire, I still deserve to be happy. treat yourself as you would your best friend!

Hi Kim! get up and stretch! I see this commercial on facebook about starting your day with a short yoga sequence and then doing short sequences through the day. that seems so much more attractive to me than a long class!

welcome, @ParanormaLauren & @fangcat623

Lea, I loved your rant. I want to be brave enough to say "I refuse to give up chocolate" and still say that I'm trying to lose weight. I'm going to work on that.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @mcglothinm, be creative and you can fit extra activity into your day. I find that easier than thinking about when I might be able to exercise. I keep a set of small dumbbells next to my chair at the table where john and I play backgammon nightly, and when it's his turn, I do a few curls or presses. it's not much at any one time, but it adds up. I also used to group trips up/down the stairs together, but now I only do one thing at a time, which adds trips up and down. I am far from active still, but I'm trying to move more. yesterday I did 10 minutes of a 30 minute bellydancing video on youtube! I didn't care that I didn't have the time or the strength to do the whole thing. I got up and did 10 minutes. you can do this!
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @nickiphillips1: Wow, you're story is very inspiring! Good for you!
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks @rdevol, that means a lot!