Beautiful Behaviors - April 2017

Options

Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    good morning, all! a little sketchy here on the tracking, but i'm keeping my food inline. going to the gym this morning for the first time since i moved. i'll be back later after i complete my work out.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Did my run this morning (w4d2 of C25K), then broke my fast with a delicious scrambled double yolked turkey egg with some low fat turkey sausage in it and half a doughnut.
  • mbam89
    mbam89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @jessiquoi Woohoo! Have a great workout!
    @wellthenwhat Nice job on the without, and your breakfast sounds delicious!
    I'm off to Zumba class in a little bit!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    i did 30 minutes on the treadmill at a very slow speed, and then a full upper body workout. i feel awesome! planning on going back again tomorrow. :smile:
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @jessiquoi - love the little bit of whimsy with the tall feathery stuff against the "blank slate" of a wall!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    thanks, Lea! john brought home some peacock feathers from his friend's farm.
  • aleahurst
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hello to @wellthenwhat ! How often do you fast? Do you fast for health or spirituality? And well done!

Hello to @mbam89 ! Zumba is a blast. What a good way to get moving! Good for you!

Good work on the treadmill, @jessiquoi ! Wooooo!!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    I'm doing poorly at tracking my sugars. But, on the whole, feel more connected to my dieting self! So, today, I'm trying to get in some more calories burned! I sawed up a tree and carried it to the street. Google Fit counted it as "walking, slow pace".

For my Beautiful Behavior tonight, I am writing this from my lawn chair, barefoot, digging toes into the grass.

Love to all.

Lea

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Good evening, all.

I see everyone is doing well.

Update: Completed 89 minutes of Lifting arms, abs and then Incline cardio on the treadmill. I procrastinated until the afternoon to go to the gym. I sat and watched Scyfy movies. I didn't feel like going but once I was there, I kicked booty. I just made and ate dinner, I'm full! It's refreshing to know exactly what's in my recipe and I weigh it on my food scale. Unlike guesstimating when I eat out.

Thought for today: I regret that workout, said no one ever! *Just think if I would have decided to skip the gym, I would feel so bad. The gym is my therapy, it's my time to work on myself for myself. I feel so powerful leaving the gym. *I will share a pic soon, I'm too lazy to get on my computer and my phone won't cooperate.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Happy Sunday to you.

It's going to be a rough day to get exercise. I slept poorly last night. These are the days when commitments to self are truly tried. :|:(:|:/:#:s:D:p:)

Ehhhh. We got this!

Love to all.

Lea
  • wellthenwhat
    Options
    @aleahurst I do it once a month. It's for multiple reasons. It is an exercise in self control, it helps keep small portions satisfying, keeps me in tune with my body, and makes me more aware of the food crisis other people face. Plus I figure if I am ever in a crisis where food is not immediately available, I will know how to function without food.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @wellthenwhat - I would call your fast a spirituophysical goal. (Is that a real word?) Wow! Cool.

Google Fit says that I just spent 20 walking. In actuality, 3 hours in the yard, cleaning under the gum tree. It looks so much better now.

• aleahurst
    Options
    i0x9tplv5cfr.jpg

I don't have the heart to mow anything in bloom!

• ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Success! I finally got into the gym both Saturday and Sunday. The diet...under calories? I'll do better at planning ahead this week and get back on track.

I bought a face mask! But kind of ran out of time to do the face mask/nail painting/movie watching thing I was hoping to get to this weekend.

So this is me reminding everyone and myself to make time to be nice to yourself! <3
  • wellthenwhat
    Options
    Had amazing barbecued brats and hamburgers. Plus a bunch of Easter candy, I didn't stay in my goal very well. I think I am going to lower my calories during to week in order to give myself room to go 'overboard' on the weekends.
  • susanrobison32
    susanrobison32 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this thread!!!

I played softball for the first time in years today. I had forgotten how much I love it!!! The way the bat vibrates when hit the ball just right!!! And then being sweaty and gross because you were having fun.

One of those days where you step back and watch the curtains move in the wind and listen to the frogs outside.
    Goodnight everyone, peace be with you
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello this is Diane back on again. I got really busy with family and work things and again stopped logging food and checking in here. When I stop checking in it all just falls apart. So. Here's to starting again. I have gained a few pounds so my first goal is to get back to where I started---and then buckle down.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @dlm4mom - hey, Diane! Nice to see you back.

@susanrobison32 - your softball game sounds awesome!

@wellthenwhat - good for you realizing what you need!

@ParanormaLauren - I hope you got a few minutes of be-nice-to-you time!

Pushing myself to burn a few more calories each day is kind of leaving me nauseated. So, I may back off just a little to see what is wrong. I was hoping to feel more connected to my healthy self. I should accept a slower pace! I have made good connections here.

My beautiful behaviors for tomorrow:
    1. Spend a couple minutes in prayer to start feeling more connected to good health
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Clean the fridge
    4. Dig toes into grass
    5. Spend time with Mom

Sweet dreams! Love to all.

Lea
  • wellthenwhat
    Options
    New day, a new chance to work at improving myself!