Social media sites

Options

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I like Twitter for following news, musicians I enjoy and sharing/receiving inspiration.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I have MySpace
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Neither. I have Twitter but only to follow my favourite authors etc. Oh and to make sure I messed up ex's successfully. So far, so good.

thats bitter isnt it?

Is it? Damn, don't tell my 12 steps to not being a *kitten* counsellor. I'll be right back at step 1- don't burn people's houses down

just saying.... hard to move on like that

Just saying...I guess it's hard to detect humour ;)

i thought it was a joke but i also thought it had some truth into it too. guess i was wrong.....just saying
    There isn't much truth in chit chat..just saying

ahhhh! you plan to have the last word in this arent cha? just asking

Just splainin'

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    FB, IG, SC
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I generally use Facebook for family, Instagram for friends, and Twitter for news and current events info. I haven't been on Twitter since before November 2016.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I use FB for friends and family and to see a few fun memes here and there. Twitter for the geek in me... I rarely post there but read it semi regularly.
  • ParadigmShifter
    ParadigmShifter Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't have either. I deleted my real Facebook about 4 years ago. I made a fake FB profile since a FB profile is needed to sign into certain apps.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm much happier since my wife and I deactivated our Facebook accounts in 2013.
    I still use Twitter, but only for finding news articles.

Wife loves Pinterest.
    We both like LinkedIn.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    All the social media sites are really odd unless you use it enough with consistency to find it's usefulness and personality, and tune out noise, and unplug sometimes, and each system actually very cool in their own unique way.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I have a telephone, a swimming pool, a cooler and a backyard bbq.
  • Angela_does_zumba
    Angela_does_zumba Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had a twitter one time, but I deleted it. Not a lot of my friends have a twitter. I use Facebook so as to connect with family and friends, and to also upload a whole album of photos. but only some of my friends check fb.... Lol. I also have to use Facebook for work stuff (boss uses group page for updates).

I have snap chat, which I use once in a while. IG is probably the only social media app where my friends actually do their stuff on there, so therefore I use IG way more. Only thing is that I have to watch myself because boy I'm telling you there are lots of creepers who like shoot messages in the DM. Lol
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Oh and I also have Instagram, been using it every day.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    FB bugs me and I don't keep up with it enough but I'm on it because my closest family members are, and half the time they no longer call or email, they "post it all on FB" and I'm expected to look there.

FB is so dumb to me. The rarer times I post, people answer IMMEDIATELY, how the hell does anybody keep up with a wall of constant posts going up? Same with Twitter. OMG. I just don't know.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who say "If Facebook frustrates you that much, you should deactivate your account." Then, of course, people make excuses, and roll their eyes, and don't take me seriously.

All I know is that I'm happier without it.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who say "If Facebook frustrates you that much, you should deactivate your account." Then, of course, people make excuses, and roll their eyes, and don't take me seriously.

All I know is that I'm happier without it.

I'm one of those people who say if you're kinda self-centered about life's tiny aggravations and are glad to be entirely antisocial as regards your own family. the majority of whom make announcements, plans, get-togethers, etc. via Facebook, have at it, hoss, and by the way, I AM gettin' off yer lawn, relax already.

I'm glad you're happi(er), though! That's a good thing.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I have FB, with 144 friends. I have a twitter but never use it. No Instagram or Snapchat.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have Facebook and prefer it to Twitter. I have a rather large family and I live some distance away (from my friends as well). So it helps to keep up with people I don't get to see very often. One side of my family also has a group, and they post family news when there is any. I've also found it helpful for finding and inviting other people to local events, especially concerts, races, and art festivals. However, I will mention that I keep my friend list fairly small (~150) and only people I know IRL. I will also unfollow someone for just about any reason (too boring, political, religious, serious, etc.). I think I've unfollowed like 90% of my friend list. It keeps my home page fairly drama free.

I might still have a twitter. I went on it a couple times and found it kind of useless. I haven't been on since.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I like FB. It's a nice way to keep in touch with friends and family I like.