Social media sites

Options
Angall08
Angall08 Posts: 148 Member
Which one do you like more.. Facebook or Twitter?
And is there anyone who doesn't use these at all?

Replies

• SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Neither. I have Twitter but only to follow my favourite authors etc. Oh and to make sure I messed up ex's successfully. So far, so good.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    Neither. I have Twitter but only to follow my favourite authors etc. Oh and to make sure I messed up ex's successfully. So far, so good.

thats bitter isnt it?

Is it? Damn, don't tell my 12 steps to not being a *kitten* counsellor. I'll be right back at step 1- don't burn people's houses down
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options

thats bitter isnt it?

Is it? Damn, don't tell my 12 steps to not being a *kitten* counsellor. I'll be right back at step 1- don't burn people's houses down

just saying.... hard to move on like that

Just saying...I guess it's hard to detect humour ;)
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I don't use Facebook at all. Never trusted Zuckerberg et al
    I have twitter primarily as a tweep (mainly following news sites)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I have no social media. I've actually been off Facebook officially a year tomorrow! I haven't missed it to be honest, I don't need all the crap, negativity and fakeness. I talk to my actual friends.

I deleted insta not long after Facebook. Don't really miss that either.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

thats bitter isnt it?

You must be a physiologist. Are you?
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

thats bitter isnt it?

You must be a physiologist. Are you?

no im a professional ninja

Oh....I bet you look hawt in black tights.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    twit for news, no talky talky
  • ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have them all. I have them under this same name! I use different social media for different things. Like my Fb is for family mostly, my Instag is for posting art, my twitter is connected to MyFitnessPal and my ig and my snapchat is just random
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I've got none of them
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Don't use any social media. I have a FB account, its been deactivated for years.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    IMO, social media sites drive many people to too many stupid conclusions without objectively looking at ALL the facts first hand. While I do have FB, I don't do a lot posting on it compared to here. And most of my posts are usually to say hi to friends or wishing Happy Birthdays.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I hate twitter & I'm not a super fan of facebook, it has it's bright spots of usefulness, but all of the people in my VW group migrated from our forum on to facebook. So I manage that group on there & that's the main reason I have one. I think stuff like this has killed a lot of personal/face to face social interaction.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I have had FB since the days when it was only able to be used by college kids as a networking tool (so early 2006 or so). I don't post much there and only really continue to use it to interact with my family as I am usually thousands of miles away from the nearest family member.

I tried Twitter and discovered that I loathe it.. and given the numerous tweets I've seen cited in articles the last several years, I'd say my decision to delete that account was a good one.

I probably should get Instagram (since I'm a visual artist), but honestly I fail to see the point.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options

thats bitter isnt it?

Just saying...I guess it's hard to detect humour ;)

i thought it was a joke but i also thought it had some truth into it too. guess i was wrong.....just saying
    There isn't much truth in chit chat..just saying
  • backtothefuture70
    backtothefuture70 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I use FB for family, friends and some dog rescue stuff. I'm a psychotherapist and use Twitter only for work (keeping in touch with posts from professional organisations or regulating bodies, conferences/events, research etc). Don't use Snapchat or Instagram or any others.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I have twitter, for the main purpose of being able to get my opinion in on Ink Master...but I end up not even bothering. I follow a few things for entertainment purposes, but I have to be really bored to even check it.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Neither and I had Twitter very briefly before I deleted it years ago. I have two Facebooks, one for Tinder and Bumble and the other one (my primary one) to get in contact with someone before I delete it again. I don't even like using Facebook, I feel like it's boring and has too much drama and sht I don't care about.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I quit Facebook a year and a half ago. I have Twitter to follow political stuff, I don't post.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Angall08 wrote: »
    Which one do you like more.. Facebook or Twitter?
    And is there anyone who doesn't use these at all?

I have those. But out of everything Instagram is my favorite!