Options

Replies

• greoryg
    greoryg Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello all. Here is mine.

myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/greoryg

Nice post to start. Feel free to see what I've been up to. Started Keto on July 3rd. Don't mind dinner for the 9th... decisions were made - poorly.
  • Sharonl71
    Sharonl71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join your group, don't know how to put link to my menus but they are set to open if you want a nosey. You will see that I'm a snacker and it's usually sweet things, was on track for a good day until I spotted flapjack and wasted 300+ calories. Finding it had to be consistently good and no motivation for exercise.
    The kids beak up from school soon for the summer and that is always a challenging time.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Cool. I'll play.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/JeepHair77

I suck at logging, so I need some accountability. If you see any days on my diary that are like, 700 calories under, that doesn't mean I didn't eat after lunchtime. It means I didn't log after lunchtime.

Of course, today isn't a good day to start, probably. I've been craving pizza, so I'm having pizza for lunch. The calorie input is a total crapshoot, because the pizza place in my building is a mom and pop and has no nutritional information.
  • Summer_Tulip
    Summer_Tulip Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @ohnonotcrystal you're CRUSHING IT!!! Nice work!

@greoryg Hello! Keto is legit, I've tried it before and felt great! Welcome.

@Sharonl71 I have a major sweet tooth as well. Have you ever tried Halo Top ice cream?! So good. Welcome!

@JeepHair77 no worries and no pressure! Log best you can and enjoy the ride. And enjoy your pizza! Nice to have you here. :)
  • Summer_Tulip
    Options
    Oh, whoops I forgot to do this part:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Summer_Tulip

Haha.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Hi guys... coming into the thread because my other accountability challenges are really dead. My diary has always been public but here it is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/mrsnattybulking

I had a really terrible week of 4K days here and there so water weight is at a peak... trying to stay the course for the next few weeks heheeh
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Good morning, good morning! I am highly caffeinated today :D Started off this morning with a brisk walk. It's a busy day today, so I'll have to be spot on to get in my steps and eat on time.
  • daniellemichellecowger
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/daniellemichellecowger
    Good morning!! I have lost 16.6 lbs.. Only 41.6 lbs to go!
    I don't always eat as "healthy" as I probably should, but I gotta live a little! Feel free to add me, or poke around in my diary.
  • Summer_Tulip
    Options
    @mrsnattybulking hello and welcome! I've had plenty of days like that myself, so I feel ya. Fresh start! Hope you like it here. :):)

@MommaGem2017 you go, girl. You go!

@daniellemichellecowger hello and wow! Great success! Nice to meet ya!
  • Mizzy58
    Mizzy58 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello my MFP friends. I got my Fitbit today!!! I don't have a clue how to use it buy I'm sure I'll figure it out. I did manage to link it to MFP. Does anyone else use the fitbit? My goal for today is to NOT eat gummy bears. I made sugar free jello for desert. Looks like mostly everyone is on plan.
    Jeephair77: Eat your pizza and start with the very next meal. You don't need to start tomorrow.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! I haven't had a chance to read everyone's post but I like this idea so sharing my diary.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/allibaba

I have been on MFP for years; I had great success my first go around then I got lazy for a variety of reasons and my weight crept back on. I have been seriously back at it for the past 2 months and feeling pretty good. I don't own a scale so focusing more on habits. The scale can be problematic for me, but I will weigh in occasionally. (ETA, or I will buy a scale, see below!)

I started boot camp yesterday, for the next 6 weeks me and some friends will be going at least 3 times per week (6am, yikes!) I am also running the Seawheeze half marathon next month. I am not much of a runner but that event is super fun.

I am focusing on logging as much as I can, I am usually pretty good during the day but I have dinner issues. I tend to be tired by the end of the day and don't want to cook dinner. I am thinking of using the crock pot again, or some other pre-prep like making burrito fillings that I can just grab. I have a 16 year old also, so want to make things that are healthy for him to eat as he needs to trim down also.

I went through a breakup on Mother's Day, and am using that energy as fuel to get myself back to the healthy person that I am inside.
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/dharmainheels

I just returned to MFP after a long hiatus (and a 30 lb weight gain!!)

I am doing a modified keto diet!

Looking forward to connecting with everyone!
  • inertiastrength
    Options
    Mizzy58 wrote: »
    Hello my MFP friends. I got my Fitbit today!!! I don't have a clue how to use it buy I'm sure I'll figure it out. I did manage to link it to MFP. Does anyone else use the fitbit? My goal for today is to NOT eat gummy bears. I made sugar free jello for desert. Looks like mostly everyone is on plan.
    Jeephair77: Eat your pizza and start with the very next meal. You don't need to start tomorrow.

I have the Charge 2, love my fitbit! Add me as a fitbit friend :)

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2TB7L4
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I loved my Fitbits, I had them for years. I lost two this year so decided not to get another. I had the Fitbit One, and I lost one at the gym as I put it in my shoe to track my biking exercise and it somehow just disappeared, I looked all over for it. Then a week later my other one (had a spare that was a hand me down from my Dad) and it fell out of my hand and into the toilet as I was flushing it and it went right down.

I have looked at getting another one, but the One is so small and the clips have always broken on me and the others won't work for me as hate wearing things on my wrists. I kind of decided that I don't need a tracker, it is nice to have but not a need. My iPhone does some tracking so when I am walking with that I get an idea of my walking steps.

I decided I need a scale, I like the idea that it will enter the info right into MFP so I just ordered the Fitbit scale. Excited to start using it as I feel it will help me stay more accountable.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've never posted here before but this seems like a nice place to start. I'm working to get healthier and lose at least some of the weight I've put on over the past seven years, which I credit partially to meeting my spouse and adapting to his (much less healthy) habits, and partially to a major mental health crisis. I'm trying to be smart and gentle on myself with respect to this whole project, as I have no interest developing eating habits that would hurt my mental health and I'd like these changes to last.

I started using MFP about a year ago, and spent maybe six months just learning how to accurately track and observe my eating patterns. At the beginning of this year I started making some gradual changes, assisted greatly by my spouse starting to cook at home more often (woo hoo Hello Fresh). In a lot of ways I'm reverting to how I lived when I was single: fairly little highly-processed food, soda and fast food only once or twice a month, brisk walking at least 20 minutes daily. I am greatly assisted by a natural lack of a sweet-tooth. I do use a Fitbit and weigh myself regularly, but I do not track "calories out" on a daily basis.

My biggest challenge is nights out - my spouse and I enjoy being barflies, and I'm prone to overeating after a few drinks. My goal is one moderate night out a week (I'm aiming to get this down to less than 2200 kcal, which is about where I start gaining), and one f-it night, with the rest of the week around 1600 kcal. Mixed successes, but I've still lost about 17 lbs since the beginning of the calendar year and am feeling pretty confident that I can keep it up. I had a good check-in with my GP this morning so I'm feeling pretty enthusiastic today.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/MegaMooseEsq
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hey there my Chill group :) I did a little Diary housekeeping and actually changed the Meals displayed to accurately reflect when I eat (ie. snack all day long)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/MommaGem2017

@Mizzy58 I love, love my FitBit! Syncing it and having the calorie adjustment is brilliant! It's like I'm playing a game and earning points all day long :D

Welcome, welcome to our new Chillies!

• inertiastrength
    Options
    Guys... I feel really stupid for just learning this now, but I just realized muscle only burns about 7 cals/lb as opposed to 30-50 that I thought it did. MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE!!!