The Chill Accountability Crowd

Options

Replies

• lhutch70
    lhutch70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bad weigh in, bad day. All was well until pizza at dinner and then followed up with ice cream. But I stayed honest and accountable and logged it all. There was a time I would have just skipped logging on a bad day. Today I am starting fresh.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/?date=2017-07-21
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Well, I've had three days over maintenance in a row, but dang it, I'm not giving in to the grumpies! I'm still on target for the month, and my splurge nights are gradually getting less splurgy, if that made-up word makes sense. It's been a stressful week, with a trip out of town that resulted in a near-fatal injury to one of our dogs, then another trip out of town yesterday to pick the (happily recovering!) dog back up - I always splurge on these trips even when I'm not worries about the dog! I'm hoping to have a quiet few weeks to get my routine back on track, fingers crossed!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I hide my diary because it's shockingly bad... You'll find little 'clean' food on there :( It feels good to get that out... I'm Panda8ach and I'm a dirty eater :#
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    Panda8ach wrote: »
    I hide my diary because it's shockingly bad... You'll find little 'clean' food on there :( It feels good to get that out... I'm Panda8ach and I'm a dirty eater :#

I hear you there! It feels weird showing "the world" those four hard ciders I had last night, not to mention my driving dinner at DQ, but hey, that's why I love that the accountability is chill. :)
  • Panda8ach
    Options

I hear you there! It feels weird showing "the world" those four hard ciders I had last night, not to mention my driving dinner at DQ, but hey, that's why I love that the accountability is chill. :)

Haha... Well done to you! I've not had an alcoholic drink since I started :/ There is a Mcdonalds on there yesterday.... I'm losing weight so I'm happy but not ready for nosey peeps rummaging around in there yet!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    lhutch70 wrote: »
    Bad weigh in, bad day. All was well until pizza at dinner and then followed up with ice cream. But I stayed honest and accountable and logged it all. There was a time I would have just skipped logging on a bad day. Today I am starting fresh.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/?date=2017-07-21

Even really really high days I log. I find that if I don't log it it's always worse in my head and I keep going with the "day's screwed" attitude whereas when I log it I can see it's not so bad, I'm usually at or slightly above maintenance and it's enough to stop me from really ruining that day lol
  • inertiastrength
    Options

I assure you, you are the only one that worries about this! I never look at someone's diary and think negatively. Some of my friends are low carb high fat, some are super clean eaters, some are great at making a mostly junk food diet work, I honestly couldn't care less how someone else eats and I'm sure there are others like me haha. Some days I eat pretty much all fast food (I do make decent choices I'll give myself that) and some days I eat gummy candies, don't come close to protein and roll around on the couch like a walrus... I remain unconcerned hahaa
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I'm trying to make myself into a morning person, didn't get quite enough sleep to work out in the AM but I'll try to do an afternoon workout and nap sesh. Keeping it chill! :)
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone! We went out of town this weekend and I didn't log a THING, but I'm back at it today.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/JeepHair77
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! (Or afternoon I suppose since it is 9 am PST)

I had a good weekend, I adopted one of the kittens on Friday and he is the sweetest!! I went to the gym Saturday then was lazy the rest of the day but ate not so bad. Yesterday I did a 10K run as I am doing a half marathon in 18 days. Feeling a bit sore from it this morning but I still got up for 6 am boot camp.

I have been enjoying my new scale (since it is nice to me and the numbers keep going down, lol) I have lost 2% body fat since I got it and dropped several lbs also. A great motivator!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/allibaba
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options

LOL, just so you don't feel bad I'll post mine, no clean eating allowed...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/bkbirge
  • Panda8ach
    Options
    bkbirge wrote: »

LOL, just so you don't feel bad I'll post mine, no clean eating allowed...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/bkbirge

Your diary is a thing of beauty! Thank you for sharing :D:#
  • smc92079
    smc92079 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/smc92079

This thread is a great idea. I've been consistently logging for about two weeks now, even though I've had an account for years. I used to use SparkPeople religiously, but I decided to give this a go.

My short term goal is to get to under 200lbs (I'm at 238.8 as of yesterday and started somewhere around 250 in the winter). This is the first week that I've meal planned for breakfast and lunch. Thanks to my amazingly supportive boyfriend, it seems to be going really well. I feel like I'm eating enough.

Exercise tends to be my downfall. I want to do it more, but the motivation can be really lacking some days. I'm also really self-conscious about exercising in front of people, so that makes it challenging when our daughters are home. I will try to go for a 1.5 mile walk some evenings at the very least. So, I guess I'm working on getting more exercise in my life. My job is super sedentary (only 1500 steps all day at work yesterday) so I'm going to try and add a ten minute walk at lunch time when the weather allows.

Feel free to add me, make suggestions about my diary, whatever. I'm open to help and suggestions!
  • inertiastrength
    Options
    @smc92079 congrats on the weight loss so far! For exercise, even though I do lift weights it really burns so little calories I don't even count it... most of my exercise comes just from walking. I don't run, I don't do yoga... I literally just walk! Sunday I walked 3K steps all day because I was binging (on Netflix don't worry! lol) and my estimated calories expended that day was something like 1800. On a regular day I walk 10-15K and its anywhere around 2200-2500. That's a lot of discretionary calories or deficit for minimal effort; don't overlook the simple stuff :)
  • daniellemichellecowger
    Options
    I've officially lost 18 lbs!
    I did eat 6oz of pasta yesterday, and I'm not sorry. Also, lately.. watermelon rockstar has been what gets me through the day. Zero calorie, and delicious.
    I've been getting diet drinks when I go to fast food (which I do at least once a week).. I think it helps not drinking my calories. Otherwise I'm hungry those nights that I don't have room for a snack.
    I'm a SAHM right now.. but I'm going to be going to school and work soon! I'm kind of stressing over how I'm going to plan my foods. My schedule looks like I will not be home from about 8am to 11 at night. Luckily I have some time to plan but I know it will be here before I know it.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/daniellemichellecowger
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    Good morning, chill accountability crew. I've had a restful couple of days so far, well into deficit, and am hoping to keep that rolling through the week.

@daniellemichellecowger: Congratulations on 18! I hear you on snacks - I was right at my target last night but really wanted some jelly beans. I had some jelly beans. Weirdly, I kind of love packing lunches, so a little unsolicited advice here - I'm not out of the house as long as you will be, but I pack bento-style meals mostly consisting of raw foods every morning. I buy a lot of pre-cut stuff so it only takes about five minutes to toss together (I used to do it all on the weekends, but I find five minutes in the morning easier than 25 minutes on the weekend, plus I have more flexibility to include leftovers and don't have to coordinate that part). There are lots of suggestions out there, but I recommend keeping it simple and diverse - I usually include roughly the same caloric value of five or six different kinds of foods and try not to have to do anything except measure out my portions in the morning. Having the right supplies are key, too - my container shelf is well stocked and there are lots of lunch bags that have room for ice packs.
  • daniellemichellecowger
    Options
    "@daniellemichellecowger: Congratulations on 18! I hear you on snacks - I was right at my target last night but really wanted some jelly beans. I had some jelly beans. Weirdly, I kind of love packing lunches, so a little unsolicited advice here - I'm not out of the house as long as you will be, but I pack bento-style meals mostly consisting of raw foods every morning. I buy a lot of pre-cut stuff so it only takes about five minutes to toss together (I used to do it all on the weekends, but I find five minutes in the morning easier than 25 minutes on the weekend, plus I have more flexibility to include leftovers and don't have to coordinate that part). There are lots of suggestions out there, but I recommend keeping it simple and diverse - I usually include roughly the same caloric value of five or six different kinds of foods and try not to have to do anything except measure out my portions in the morning. Having the right supplies are key, too - my container shelf is well stocked and there are lots of lunch bags that have room for ice packs."
    @MegaMooseEsq

*Excuse my weird quoting, I'm on the MFP Android app and some things just don't work.*

That sounds like a great idea! I'm definitely going to have to get a good lunch bag.. I might even just have to get a mini ice chest or something. I live in California, and it's pretty hot in the summer and I don't want my things to spoil being out so long.
    I definitely need more containers and it would definitely help to just be able to throw everything together in the morning and pre log my day.
    If there's something delicious I can eat.. I will eat it! I just don't eat aaaallllll of it. Well, sometimes!
    I'm just hoping I'll be able to get through the day!

• MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea! I'm definitely going to have to get a good lunch bag.. I might even just have to get a mini ice chest or something. I live in California, and it's pretty hot in the summer and I don't want my things to spoil being out so long.
    I definitely need more containers and it would definitely help to just be able to throw everything together in the morning and pre log my day.
    If there's something delicious I can eat.. I will eat it! I just don't eat aaaallllll of it. Well, sometimes!
    I'm just hoping I'll be able to get through the day!

I grew up in CA and I remember those summers! Of course, I'm in the Midwest now, so we trade some heat for more humidity - gross! If you're stocking up on containers, I really like the newer ziplock rectangle containers - they stack really well and are easy to clean. I use the ziplock divided rectangle for most of my lunches, plus half-cup (great for nuts and dried fruit pick-me-ups) and one-cup for extra fruit or leftovers or whatever. Target carries a lot of the ziplock stuff but I'm sure they're all over. I also use something like these almost every day for extra subdividing: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B009ANE18U/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_g2609328962?_encoding=UTF8&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B009ANE18U&hvadid=167129094649&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004070&hvnetw=g&hvpone=&hvpos=1o4&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvrand=16783498667781623771&hvtargid=pla-272833466773&ie=UTF8&linkCode=df0&tag=hyprod-20
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join please. I lost 7.5kg with mfp and got down to around 63kg last January. Maintained pretty well but over the last 3 months it's crept up (mostly super busy and too much convenience food). So I've come back today weighing 66.8kg.

First kg or two should come off fairly quickly then I'll reassess and decide my goals! Off to open my diary - not much there so far but hopefully this will keep me logging
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just want to share that while I am feeling full and getting enough of what I need, the diary yells at me and won't let me complete my diaries because according to it I am not eating enough. Some days I do, some days I don't. It is not intentional - I am not starving myself - but just in case people see the logs not complete!

I know we're supposed to be Chill here, but.... are you sure? Most all of your days are under 900 calories. Are you sure you're feeling okay? Are you exercising on top of that?

If you say you feel good, then I won't be your nagging Mommy - just checking in ;-)

LOL yes! I feel most of what I eat fills me up. I do work out as well. On days I am hungrier I eat more, but most days I have been feeling unhungry but my appetite diminishes in the summer for some weird reason!