5'1 Ladies- what are your maintenance calories?

Options

Replies

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Early 30s, 5' 1/2". CW: 111-113. Original GW was 105 but I've put on muscle. MFP tells me maintenance is 1440, but I'm trying to get to 108-110 so I'm doing 1200 again.

Keep fluctuating the same 2-3 pounds for the last two months. Maybe I should stay at 110?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • RoseGold1992
    RoseGold1992 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and 130 pounds. I eat about 1200 calories a day and try to work out everyday
  • niebla3
    niebla3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5 and trying to maintain 108 lbs. I eat low carbs which really helps (mostly just from fruits and veggies). Right now I'm eating about 1100 calories per day and I exercise (run or bike) at least 30 minutes each day. I usually have one day a week where I eat between 1400 and 1500. Good to know that I'm not the only one that has to keep calories so low. It does really suck to be short.
  • MySweetLavinia
    MySweetLavinia Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who answered in this thread. I am 5'3" and still working on the weight loss (down 70, halfway to goal!) and seeing the range of maintenance calories is really helpful/interesting.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    4'10", 115-120 lbs, desk job. Maintenance estimate is 1400 net calories. From charts of moving average of net calories and weight, I would guess that my true maintenance is close - probably ~1400-1500 net. + average of ~400 exercise calories (usually run or cycling or weight training + dancing).
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and ~125 lbs. My TDEE varies between 1700-2000 depending on the time of year (I tend to be more active in the fall and winter). Right now since it's summer, I'm right around 1800. I currently have a part time desk job, but I fidget so I'm constantly moving around. I'm generally lightly to moderately active outside of purposeful exercise. Per week, I run 3x for a minimum of 30 minutes, vinyasa yoga 1x, other cardio 1-2x (walk, hike, step, hula hoop, etc.), and strength training 1x.

I usually eat 1400-1600 to lose, albeit slowly. If I eat anything less than that, my runs suffer.
  • DeniseWilson43
    DeniseWilson43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Iam 5 ft my goal calories no more 1500 ... Denise
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    This thread has been really helpful. I've been super discouraged because my tall husband, who is on a bulk, gets to eat 3,000 cal a day and then complains that he's too full. :neutral:

I could have typed this!! Yes. Yes. Yes. My husband is six feet tall and feels uncomfortable under 200 pounds. I am right there with you, girl!
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    This thread has been really helpful. I've been super discouraged because my tall husband, who is on a bulk, gets to eat 3,000 cal a day and then complains that he's too full. :neutral:

I hear ya! Hubby and I can go on the same hike, and while he needs thousands of cals to refeed and can't eat them all, I am pouting over my sad salad or telling myself that my Halo Top will eventually ease my hunger. Being short and cute has its drawbacks!

:grin: I won't say any more about it because I ended my vent in a previous post. :innocent:
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, when I'm maintaining it's about 1500 - 1900 calories. My exercise routine is intense though, I did not change that from what I was doing to lose the weight, I just started eating more.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    4'11, sigh. 106 pounds, maintain on 1450. Lifting heavy 3x week with daily walks and 2 1/2 hours stationary bike per week.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    5'0" here and 70 years old. 135.0 and maintaining for almost 3 years now. I work out 5x/week, an hour each time, cardio, weights, Pilates, etc. I have a muscular build from the waist on down, and have never been the weight all the charts say my height should be. As I age, I know that my 110 in youth is not where I can be now. I am a size 6 - 8 Petite and feel and look good. And yes, those of us on the small side just plain can't consume what taller people do unless there is a ton of calorie burn through workouts, etc. I maintain at 1500 if there is no exercise except maybe walking, and around 1600-1800 if there is. If I need to lose, it's 1200. I think other people have said that your maintenance calories are very individual and that is what I believe. It took a while for me to find what works for me and I have to readjust that as each year passes, so just find what works for you. I, too, have a tall husband who has never had a weight problem and always been able to eat whatever he wants. Luckily, he is a fairly healthy eater, but even as he ages, he finds he needs fewer calories. The other thing I would suggest for all of you shorties out there ... there is a wonderful group called Petites in Maintenance. If you are one of those and are in Maintenance, you should join. There are issues and positives only those of us 5'4" and under relate to!