5'1 Ladies- what are your maintenance calories?

Options

Replies

• nottellingit
    nottellingit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'2 and 118-121 lbs. I get at least 10K steps a day. I try to keep myself to 1500-1600 calories/day but I suspect my TDEE is a bit higher because I occasionally go over a few hundred calories without compensating and don't gain
  • 125Suz
    125Suz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a really helpful topic! I'm 53 and 5'3" (ha!) and lose at about 1000-1200C calories during the week. I need to stay in this range over the weekend to maintain my progress. I think maintenance will be in this range during the week with a little room for extra calories over the weekend when we like to eat out.
  • DaneDog28
    DaneDog28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", about 115, 38 years old with a desk job. I try to eat around 1500 a day however, at 110 pounds my stomach is flat and I have no butt (literally), but with heavy lifting and what not, I've put on a few pounds of muscle and now have a booty and fill out my jeans better. Unfortunately my stomach has a small pooch and there is a little "spillage" around the back (not sure what thats called). For me, its either eat more and have a butt, or eat less and have your jeans sag off you in the back.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Yes, being a shortie sucks, especially if you are no longer 20 and can't afford to hit the gym regularly. People who have 2000 cals a day are trolls and can keep their comments for themselves

How are they trolls?
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Yes, being a shortie sucks, especially if you are no longer 20 and can't afford to hit the gym regularly. People who have 2000 cals a day are trolls and can keep their comments for themselves

How are they trolls?

I was wondering this as well.
    Granted I have another 40 lbs or so to lose, but I'm 5'1'' and maintain on about 2500.

I would be interested to see how maintenance cals have changed as people got to goal weight. I'm down almost 40 lbs and there doesn't seem to be a huge difference at this point, but maybe that will change?
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    If memory serves, I believe mine were calculated at 1490 net at 135 lbs, 1400 net at 118 lb.
    + average of ~400 calories from exercise (mix of weight training, cycling, running, dancing).
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    I think the troll thing was a joke. We all wish we could lose or maintain at 2k or more. Will try to join the petite group once I hit maintenance. Thanks for the link.
  • EnolaGrey
    EnolaGrey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm still losing on 1500 calories a day, I still have around 22lb to lose. I'm 5'1.5" tall, I'll be 57 at the end of the month and I'll be dropping my calorie allowance by 10 calories a day. I've been losing well recently on around 1350 calories a day. I'm prepared for a maintenance level of around 1400-1500 calories a day. I'll wait and see what happens.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @summerskier...what number are you putting in for "cal"?

Thanks!
  • Determined_Missy
    Determined_Missy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1and a half. I was 5'2" but age has taken a toll. I am 65. I was in maintenance at around 1300 to 1400 calories a day. But I stopped maintenance and was eating anything that I wanted. Now I need to lose 18 pounds. MFP's suggestion of 1200 calories to lose weight is a joke for me. I need to stay close to 1000 calories in order to lose weight in any kind of timely manner. I tend to have some sedentary days but find myself busy many days. Right now I am walking for exercise. Does anyone else get frustrated when logging your walking speed and MFP says it is a leisurely walk and you have worked up a sweat and are walking fast?
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @AgileK9 Not sure if you are asking about the spreadsheet ? In that I put the actual cals eaten per day. There is a way to export from MFP but I am not that smart...

I am eating between 1k and 1050 per day and not eating exercise back. My rate of loss to date has been an avg of 1.5 per week but I expect it to go more slowly the next month or so as I only have about 8 or 9 left to meet my planned goal. The TDEE cal says I can eat 1125 per day to lose at 1.5 per week so given all the margins of error (and with less calories they inflate quickly) I think that's about right. It says TDEE is about 1800-1900 but I am pretty active with jogging and horseback riding etc. I would probably gain weight if I ate back all my exercise calories allotted each day or just maintain. I am a REALLY good dieter. sadly. And honestly I don't ever remember ending a diet without a binge. So my focus this time is to research as much as I can about maintaining and keep an eye on the #s closely. Weighing all solids is really eye opening. Just comparing a cup of cereal to 21 oz shows the margins of error.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @AgileK9 Not sure if you are asking about the spreadsheet ? In that I put the actual cals eaten per day. There is a way to export from MFP but I am not that smart...

I am eating between 1k and 1050 per day and not eating exercise back. My rate of loss to date has been an avg of 1.5 per week but I expect it to go more slowly the next month or so as I only have about 8 or 9 left to meet my planned goal. The TDEE cal says I can eat 1125 per day to lose at 1.5 per week so given all the margins of error (and with less calories they inflate quickly) I think that's about right. It says TDEE is about 1800-1900 but I am pretty active with jogging and horseback riding etc. I would probably gain weight if I ate back all my exercise calories allotted each day or just maintain. I am a REALLY good dieter. sadly. And honestly I don't ever remember ending a diet without a binge. So my focus this time is to research as much as I can about maintaining and keep an eye on the #s closely. Weighing all solids is really eye opening. Just comparing a cup of cereal to 21 oz shows the margins of error.

Thanks! Yes I was wondering about the spreadsheet...sorry
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I'm 45 am 4'11 and weigh between 97-99 pounds on any given morning. I average 15,000 steps a day and seem to be maintaining at around 2000 calories which seems much higher than most others here.

Not too far off from me...on days where I run 5-6 miles at a harder pace or dance for 3-4 hours straight (mostly fast styles in a lead heavy venue) (either adding ~500 calories), I get ~14000ish steps. With net maintenance of ~1450-1500ish (this seems to largely match up with 1-wk buffered moving average of my weight compared with moving average of net calories over initial maintenance estimate), that brings me to close to 2000 calories on those days.

Unfortunately, I can't fit that much in on more than half of my days (have to fit in strength training several days; requires a lead heavy dance venue and a faster dance style; have to make time occasionally for adulting - ie food prep, laundry, dishes, groceries,..).

With additional dancing on run/weight training days and cycling to/between/from dance-only-day venues, it mostly balances out with the less active days above, though. My average exercise calories came out to ~400/day for the last few months. Usually a combination of a shorter run or weight training + dancing.

I'm still trying to lose some more weight (have met my initial goal, and with the weight training look better than I had previously at a slightly higher weight, but would definitely look better with a bit less weight), so not quite at maintenance yet. Currently at 115 lb (4'10").

• BlessedBeyondMsr
    BlessedBeyondMsr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried to join The petite maintenance group using the link provided in this thread, and been added to the group? I have tried and have not been added. Maybe the group admin is on vacation?
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    maybe we could start our own group. I haven't tried to join because it is pretty specific that you have to be in maintenance and I am not quite there yet.