How often do you weigh in?

Options
I hate to say it, but I think I'm addicted to weighing myself, and that's not always a good look. I tend to weigh in each morning. Sometimes it's awesome, other times not so much! I'm trying to decide if I want to log my weight each day on here or just once a week. I doubt I'll be able to get out of the habit of my daily weigh in, but do I want to make it official? How often do you weigh in? What works best for you?

Replies

• 08_GreenEyedMomma
    Options
    I weigh daily & track it on a personal spreadsheet. I weigh in here each Monday. Daily helps to see the overall downward trend, and I can see the weekly/monthly averages as well. I also graph the daily weights as well. It's a big spiky graph, but the trendline is a smooth downward slope.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I use Libra weight trend app. Trending helps to mitigate the aggravation of the ups and downs of daily weighing.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I weigh daily first thing in the am. I actually like doing it. It helps to keep me motivated and to evaluate the day before (what I ate, activity, emotions, ect.) I've learned a lot about my body by doing this.
  • mktom29
    mktom29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays! Weigh-in Wednesdays are what I call it :)
    I only let myself do it once a week so I don't let the number control my emotions, ie being down about gaining some.
  • Jjrw6788
    Jjrw6788 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to be really bad about stepping on the scale constantly, but I'm trying to control my bad habit to every Monday.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates, so weighing yourself daily doesn't provide a clear picture of weight loss. Weighing yourself once or twice a week in the morning is best.

It does if you use a trend weight app. "Best" is relative. That would not be best for me at all.
  • djm206
    djm206 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The first thing every morning.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I record every day when I can.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Every day and track in both Happy Scale &Libra.
    Daily provides me "clearest" picture because I know what's happening with the fluctuations. Otherwise, if the number is not what I prefer, I don't know if it's true weight or just water retention.
  • amarskhy
    amarskhy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day, but I noticed a pattern where I would get defeated and upset if I gained or lost a lbs., half a lbs. Etc. I since donated my scale and have not weighed myself in almost 3 months. I lost two dress sizes and have been basing my results of clothing sizes from NY and Co. Which has the closest to neutral sizing for my body type. I also take measurements once a month. That's it. Weighing yourself can become addicting like anything else. So, since the scale has been gone, it's kinda like out of sight, out of mind.
  • shipleyamye
    shipleyamye Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do most everyday...but fluctuations kind of make me anxious. However, I do find that I will be more diligent through out the day if I see a number that I was hoping was lower.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I try to do it every week but I forget often.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before I've eaten or drunk anything.
  • shirgify
    shirgify Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I seem to weigh in weekly but no set days. I like to see a pound gone and will wait to weigh myself until I think I lost one. Sometimes I'll wait a day or two extra even. I like the anticipation. I then log each time I lose.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Dang I meant to weigh myself this morning and forgot again! I seem to have the opposite problem as everyone else lol