How often do you weigh in?

Options
13»

Replies

• aljomaiar
    aljomaiar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Once a week... I think less often is better to focus on other things in life rather than giving long thoughts everyday of hows and whys
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh daily. Sometimes I forget, so I put a sign in my bathroom to remind me. :D

I use Happy Scale to track my trend over time and I am OK with fluctuations. I just think of it as collecting data, and data is just data. It's neutral, neither good or bad.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I weigh in about 3 days per week and just look at the trend. If you don't understand normal and natural weight fluctuations, you may not want to weigh in so often.
  • orlybayu
    orlybayu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day (give or take), but only log it in weekly.
  • cecil_hall
    cecil_hall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week on Monday's
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I have run the gambit to never weighing myself, to weighing myself multiple times a day. Lately I lean toward weighing myself twice a day. I find it informative, and i have discovered a few things about how my body reacts to exercise, cardio, overeating, etc.
    I don't panic from day to day if the scale shows a number higher than I expected, realizing that the number on the scale, varies for many reasons.
  • sarakenna12
    sarakenna12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh frequently, not quite every morning but almost. I only log my weight on here when it's lower than my previous weight. :smiley:
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    chriseles wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but I think I'm addicted to weighing myself, and that's not always a good look. I tend to weigh in each morning. Sometimes it's awesome, other times not so much! I'm trying to decide if I want to log my weight each day on here or just once a week. I doubt I'll be able to get out of the habit of my daily weigh in, but do I want to make it official? How often do you weigh in? What works best for you?

I rarely weigh in. Messes with your mind too much in my opinion. Maybe twice a month at most. I go by how I feel most days.
  • pamjt56
    pamjt56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, every morning. I only track once a week. But daily weighing helps me stay on track as I can see how food affects my weight.
  • JollyHodgers87
    JollyHodgers87 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying something new. I hopped back on mfp almost 3 months ago and decided this time I wasn’t going to weigh myself until I see solid results. When I can tell I’m more fit, I’m going to finally weigh in! I’m trying to gain a little muscle and lose weight this time so that I’ll be more toned. Beforehand, I wasn’t working out as frequently. Anyway, I don’t want to weigh myself and get discouraged. I know adding muscle can make you weigh more. And it’s hard to differentiate between weight gain from muscle vs. weight gain from fat. I’m kinda scared of the scale now! I’ll know Im in shape when I look in the mirror and see it and feel healthier. I used to weigh in a lot though. I’ll weigh in ASAP! As soon as I feel ready. But...as far as once a day or once a week, from my newfound experience, you will feel better if you focus less on the number on the scale and more on how you feel after getting healthy. Best of luck!
  • TenderBlender667
    TenderBlender667 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Every day was bad for my mental health, so I've changed it to a once a week kinda thing.