Calling all people in there 40's.

Options
I'm looking to have a strong support group of people similar in age to myself. I just turned 40 this past summer and really want this to be the year that I get my health on track. I struggle to stay focused as I am so busy. I work 48-60 hours a week. I have a 10 and 12 year old daughters still at home a 21 year old out of the house and a beautiful little granddaughter who is two and I help look after whenever I can. Also cant forget my hubby who loves me no matter what and finding time to have dates with him is a must. So finding time to balance everything can be a struggle. I sometimes get overwhelmed by trying to find time to meal plan, but it is a key to my weight loss. I eat better when I'm prepared. So if anyone out there would like to add me and help be my support team and motivation, I will support you back. I want my 40's to be fabulous.

Replies

• christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    I'm 43. Active here daily....feel free to add me.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    45 here. You can add me too
  • jakeren27
    jakeren27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    42 you can add me too!
  • jadebugs
    jadebugs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    43 with a three kids, 19, 16 and 12. So i get were your coming from! Add me
  • DropItLikeItzHawt
    Options
    I'm 41. Active here. Feel free to add me☺️
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, two oldest in college, youngest just started high school. I work full-time and also go to college full-time. I'm back on the wagon after having a rough few years. :)
  • Phil413Strong
    Phil413Strong Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    42 with 4 kids 26,14,11,9
    I dont move like i use too because of back issues and my weight. I work in the hospitality industry surrounded by food! You can add me :-) i am determined this time.... taking my life back.
  • MTmimi
    MTmimi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me too. I'm a forty-six year-old, married, mother of three and back to MFP after a bit of a break. I need new friends here. I also have a busy life/ job but I am determined to start prioritizing my health.
  • Thick_n_Fit_Mom
    Thick_n_Fit_Mom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to have a strong support group of people similar in age to myself. I just turned 40 this past summer and really want this to be the year that I get my health on track. I struggle to stay focused as I am so busy. I work 48-60 hours a week. I have a 10 and 12 year old daughters still at home a 21 year old out of the house and a beautiful little granddaughter who is two and I help look after whenever I can. Also cant forget my hubby who loves me no matter what and finding time to have dates with him is a must. So finding time to balance everything can be a struggle. I sometimes get overwhelmed by trying to find time to meal plan, but it is a key to my weight loss. I eat better when I'm prepared. So if anyone out there would like to add me and help be my support team and motivation, I will support you back. I want my 40's to be fabulous.

Totally love the hubby quote! It's an awesome feeling, to have that support from our men! My hubs is the same! However, we need to keep their attention....MmmHmm! I'm not in my forties just yet (37) but I'm a mom to an 18, 13, and 8 year old, all boys, work, fitness, priorities, I hear ya sista, feel free to add!
  • ktcoakley
    ktcoakley Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I turn 40 next week and need to lose wt and get healthy again. I am an RN and have a 14 yo daughter so life keeps me pretty busy. Starting Keto today and determined to make this work. Would love to be friends w everyone and help support. Let's do this!!
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hello, turned 41 this year. Had planned on being at goal last year when I turned 40, but hey, life happens!

I have 2 kids aged 13 and 10, work full time and a supportive husband. Refocusing a little more this year since I've started to creep back up in the weight department after losing and keeping off around 30 lbs for the past couple of years. I'm pretty active on here, feel free to add me!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 (but don't like to admit it :smiley: ) Will send FR and anyone else feel free to add! I log daily and have an open diary.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, with a 16-month-old. My baby weight has turned into just...weight. I'm on the slow-but-steady plan. Nothing drastic, but trying to start some new habits that hopefully will become permanent. Trying to lose about 20 lbs.
  • IAmWonderWomanTo7
    Options
    Turned 40 in June had my 7th child in August! Freaking out here because I was on the path of losing weight I had 20 pounds to go before I found out I was pregnant. Thankfully I lost 30 after having baby so I'm now back to trying to lose 20. In just looking for people who are encouragers as I love to encourage, who will keep me motivated and accountable. I love doing the same for others.
  • jayne2950
    jayne2950 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi all, I'm in the last grasps of my 40's... 49, will be 50 in January 2018! Argh! 2 kids left home 27 and 32. Super busy mentally draining job, just got back in the gym 3 times per week.. need to get fit for fifty lol. Have some lovely clothes in my wardrobe that arent playing at the moment but with a few inches lost here and there thats what im aiming for. Good luck to you all in your own journeys and looking forward to supporting you all xx :)
  • JuliaC76
    JuliaC76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i turned 40 last Nov, (coming up on 41, ack!!) and it's been rough! I weigh more than I ever have in my life, I'm suddenly struggling with all sorts of health problems, depression, anxiety and the list goes on... I don't want to put a lot of pressure on myself, but I don't want to gain anymore! I know some of the health issues would subside if I'd lose weight. Lately I have virtually NO impulse control and I'm struggling in every area of life.
  • Teamdhb120
    Teamdhb120 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 46. I'm about 5 pounds over my goal weight and have been working on toning and maintaining. Feel free to add me!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm 46. I have lost about 30 and want to lose 25 more. I have an 8 year old and a 12 year old and I work full-time, in addition to volunteer activities which are almost a part-time job. Oh and part-time tutor to my son every night. My schedule is insane and it's so hard to find time to exercise and eat right, but I've found that as you make those changes (in babysteps) to your life, it becomes second nature and pretty easy. But it's easy to get overwhelmed. Feel free to add me.