Do you not keep certain foods around?

Options

Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Honey graham crackers and honey Teddy Grahams.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Nothings banned from the house
    But things that belong to the kids are kept in thier cupboard. If its left out i bin it. They quickly learnt to put it back as soon as they are done.
  • Agent_Freckles
    Agent_Freckles Posts: 79 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yeah, for the last month I haven't bought donuts or the like. I did buy some halo top, veggie straws and italian ice though, because I can eat those in moderation.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Candy, peanut or almond butter, and tortilla chips.
  • Snickers6961
    Snickers6961 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tortillas and cheese!! Love quick cheese rolls but oh so fattening!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sweet and salty is my bane. I can't keep around yogurt covered pretzels, honey roasted peanuts, honey nut chex mix, those peanut butter chocolate girl scout cookies, cookie dough, granola bars, etc. Sour cream and onion chips too. A lot of these things I could probably moderate better if they were filling but they aren't which is what drives the accidental overeating.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    The only thing that's banned entirely are jars of peanut butter - my spouse loves Jif whipped, so he keeps it at his office. I buy single-serve 90 calorie packets of Barney almond butter and do okay with that.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I've stopped buying sweets for the most part and chips, as well. I just don't have the willpower after a hard day at work, etc. to avoid them. We've kind of settled into a new routine of not having that stuff around, or at least only once in awhile.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yes i do still have a fair bit in the house because i have kids and a partner that will eat them so its 100% on me to keep myself focused.

In saying that i do tend to buy things that aren't my favourites so there is less temptation and i do buy my "healthy" snacks and always have them there at the front reminding me to grab them instead.
  • orlybayu
    orlybayu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, peanut butter, cereal, and pizza.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Chips. Chips, chips, chips. I can have candy, chocolate, ice cream in my house and I won't go crazy but chips for some reason are my one true weakness.

Yup, that is totally me. Today I noticed that the candy dish in the living room is still 1/2 full of Christmas peppermint candies. My favourite candy. But, I'm on a diet so I just don't eat them. But put me within 50 feet of potato chips and I can't stop eating them.

My husband is like that with cookies, so we don't have them around. I could eat one a day and that would be enough for me, but lol, husband will eat them until we have no more.
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I took the tack that I want to change my lifestyle so that it's healthier. So it's not deprivation, I.e. "Banning" foods but it is making conscious choices at the grocery store. I'm really happy with the changes I've made. So ya, you won't find cookies, high fat chips or ice cream, etc in my cabinets... but now I don't want those things. In the beginning, it may take effort to do that, but making those choices at the grocery store helps to make better choices about what goes in your mouth when you're hungry. Over time, you no longer want any of that high fat processed calorie-laden artery-clogging stuff... and you feel happier and healthier for it.
  • timpatrick
    timpatrick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    _piaffe wrote: »
    peanut butter

I can't keep Peanut Butter around...kind of embarrassing how much of a domino food this is for me.
  • Vynex
    Vynex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big "snacks" person, but there is one flavor of chips that makes me want to eat the whole bag in one sitting. I love chocolate covered pretzels, so I really try to keep to the serving size when I have them.

I had a bag of candy corn in the house, and I literally finished the bag in like two days...went out and brought another bag to do the same thing. Just mindlessly eating the whole bag :( That's definitely one thing I won't have in the house for a while.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Jelly beans. Cheese that isn't already cut into servings (string cheese is fine. Slices are usually okay. A block or a wheel will undo me.)

Same. Also, tubs of ice cream. Cannot handle it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Usually I choose to buy only the things that I know will fit into my diet. :)
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't buy crisps as the decent value ones tend to come in multipacks which is fine for a family but it's just me so I will eat them all in a very short period of time....Large bags of chocolate are another one I don't buy.
    The one that makes me saddest is biscuits. Again, great for a family but not so great when it's an entire packet with just you and you have poor self restraint around biscuits! If I could have 2 rich tea biscuits with every cup of tea I have during the day that would be an extra 500 calories per day! So I enjoy them if someone else offers them but don't buy them myself
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet, including most fruit. Chips. Pizza/pizza rolls. Olives. French fries/tater tots. Tortillas.
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I wont keep Nutella or any kind of cookies in the house. I will go to them first out of quick calories and deliciousness.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Literally, cake. I will go back throughout the night and take a bite and take a bite and take a "small" slice and I CAN EAT A WHOLE CAKE in a day. It doesn't even make a difference if it's one of those *kitten* sheet cakes from WalMart. The biggest banes of my existence are Tres Leches, tiramisu and other 'moist' cake.