Were you happy with your shape/size when you hit goal?

Options

Replies

• ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No. I looked good in a shirt but was still flabby underneath and felt small. I realized I was going to stay that way unless I started lifting seriously.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    NadNight wrote: »
    @NadNight, you are slightly underweight given your stats.

Since you have changed your goal and are more interested in improving your muscle tone and getting a curvy shape, have you thought of doing a bulk by following a well designed lifting programme and eating 150-250 extra a day?

This would bring you up to a healthier weight and give you a better sculpted figure.

The long term health benefits would be tremendous too.

Cheers, h.

I'm currently in the process of gaining back some weight but in mostly muscle rather than fat. I'm aiming to get back around 110-115 lbs to start with.

I'm light but have been to the doctors recently and there's no concerns (I'm 104 in my profile pic so I LOOK like I'm a healthy weight, I just don't weigh much) so I'm good to start the extra exercise

Thankyou for your concern though :smile:

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm on the lower end of the BMI scale (have been most of my life) so I do understand how it is a suitable weight for some. I was just concerned- especially with regards to long term health problems and bone damage. (I'm old so worry about that kind of thing)

So glad you didn't take offence. <3

Cheers, h.
  • meg_garv
    meg_garv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I enjoyed my extra-teeny waist! I was at first confused because my clothing sizes didn't change too much despite 40 lbs lost, but now that I've gained most of it back, I'm actually relieved I haven't had to spend major bucks on a new wardrobe. I guess my fat tends to gather where it doesn't matter for clothing measurements. I had store clerks scold me for getting swimsuit bikinis in Large when according to them, I didn't look it. Now they don't bat an eye. I guess I now look like I need a Large. *shrug* Back to losing weight again. I want to be shaped like Christina Hendricks again, though walking around with a body like Ashley Graham's is not bad either.
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I was happy when I hit my goal weight last year but, like some others have mentioned, am more interested now in recomp than that actual number. Strength training has helped a lot and while I bump up the cardio if I think I need to lose a few, that has been more of a focus.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was for one day in the maintenance range I had arbitrarily chosen. Other than 'pleased' to be there I was not particularly pleased with the way I looked. Since I'd done nothing to look good naked, it stands to reason.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    meg_garv wrote: »
    I guess my fat tends to gather where it doesn't matter for clothing measurements. I had store clerks scold me for getting swimsuit bikinis in Large when according to them, I didn't look it..

Yes!- everytime I go white water rafting and rent a wetsuit, I have to tell them multiple times.."No, really.. I really am that much fatter than I look" (my thighs can never even remotely cram into the first 2 sizes they try to give me).

• RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Im so glad I've seen this!

I felt wierd when I hit my original goal weight, I wasnt particularly happy... if anything confused!

I've got a new goal that I'm working towards, I usually do 5lbs goals at a time and dont set timelines, just try and keep going down.

I dont feel my body shape has changed much between 148lbs to 142lbs but maybe its because I look at it every day
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I dont feel my body shape has changed much between 148lbs to 142lbs but maybe its because I look at it every day

Depending on your height that seems normal to me. 6 lbs isn't easy to see when it comes off all over your body.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have had several goal weights along the way as well. I was happy when I hit my first goal as I just wanted to be thin again (and within a healthy BMI) after having children back to back and hanging on to the weight with each child. Then being thin wasn't enough, as I'd lost most of my shape...I was happy with my small waist but most of my curves were just GONE from the top AND bottom...def your typical banana shape...I'd been weight training the whole time, but cardio was my "go to" as I absolutely loved it (still do)....It wasn't until I increased the volume and frequency of my weight training that I became more satisfied (and shapelier again)... Like another poster noted, I will probably never be completely happy...just grateful for my overall appearance....and the things that I am able to accomplish sports wise... I am hoping though that a few more pounds down with progressive weight lifting will finally shrink my arms to match the rest of my body (I do understand that we can't target fat loss, so let me dream) without me becoming too thin looking again... Everything else is tight,lean and a bit muscular. It's just kind of crazy how our bodies respond, or not. lol I would be HAPPY to be ten pounds fuller than this if I didn't have the fluffy arms to go with it. smh
  • mowgwan
    mowgwan Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I surpassed what I was hopping for with 124 pounds lost. I had been hoping for 100 after surgery. I am now over two years out and maintaining well. I am very happy, because I am healthy and active. My shape has changed a lot, and I look different in so many ways. That has been a big adjustment for me. My goal was for health, and I think that has helped me adjust to the difference in shape. I am now working on strength and stamina. I just completed a hike in LA during a trip that would have been very hard before. I was soooo proud of that. The great part was trying on new clothes and styles. With the new shape I am able to wear things I never could. During the weight loss I had to keep looking professional and put together for my job. That can get expensive. I found goodwill and other second hand shops a great source of cheap good clothes. You have to hunt, but it makes you feel good to have clothes that fit.
  • halfmill1
    halfmill1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if I will ever meet my dream goal again. I’m 5 ft 3 and would love to weigh about 135. That is what I weighed in college as a division one athlete. I started this journey at 216. I am now down to 151. The weird thing is I am now a size 6 in pants. When I was 135 I was usually an 8. So although I weigh more I fit in smaller Jeans. It’s really weird and they are the same brand I have always liked.