Were you happy with your shape/size when you hit goal?

Options

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Yes. I felt and looked great.
  • BritishSpy007
    BritishSpy007 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Sure! What's not to like?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    I dont feel my body shape has changed much between 148lbs to 142lbs but maybe its because I look at it every day

Depending on your height that seems normal to me. 6 lbs isn't easy to see when it comes off all over your body.

Good point. But wondering why when I inadvertently add 6 pounds to my weight, my tummy bubbles over the waistband of my running capris and feels horrid...

It's probably more water weight than fat if you gain that much inadvertently. You'd have to eat 21000 extra calories to gain 6 lbs so it's not something that would be done quickly by accident.
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How did you guys deal with cellulite? Or did you deal with it? I have about 30 to lose to be at around 23 BMI.. I have lost 15 and working on losing the remaining 15. But my body is pear shaped and I have always had cellulite even in my 20s when I was thinner. I wonder if weight training or muscling up will help or will I always have it (thanks genetics!)
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    dailyzey wrote: »
    How did you guys deal with cellulite? Or did you deal with it? I have about 30 to lose to be at around 23 BMI.. I have lost 15 and working on losing the remaining 15. But my body is pear shaped and I have always had cellulite even in my 20s when I was thinner. I wonder if weight training or muscling up will help or will I always have it (thanks genetics!)

Unfortunately, cellulite is genetic. It may get better as you lose, but it may not.

I'm 5'11, BMI of 20 currently and I still have it (144lbs) I'm also 39 (it has gotten worse as I age). It's better than when I was 165lbs, but it's still there. I have stretch marks from growing too fast as a kid too. My body is a war zone...LOL

• dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thx thought as much... Sigh.. I think I just have to be happy with my BMI goal and not worry about swimsu swimsuit season.
  • hammycakes
    hammycakes Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thx thought as much... Sigh.. I think I just have to be happy with my BMI goal and not worry about swimsu swimsuit season.

Some people have had a good experience with dry brushing before the shower, and then oil or moisturizer after. I don't know if collagen production can be stimulated topically but it can make it look less noticeable in my experience.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Yea it's all about genetics. I have it too no matter how lean I get. And while weight training and bulk/cut cycles has helped, it's still there. I carry most of my fat under my glutes, so yea it is what it is.
  • Adammmmm119
    Adammmmm119 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    M currently at my goal... not happy need to get a bit smaller and tighter
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I was happy with my shape/size when i was blissfully fat and unaware. Im alrightish with myself now but i bloat so easily and look pregnant and fat now. Takes very little food to do it. Didnt happen a bit heavier lol

Hell yeah, it really does show on a leaner body when you have had a big meal, doesn't it? I literally have a totally flat stomach most of the time, but throw down my dinner, even though it is healthy, and I bloat right out afterwards, lol. It is a real irritant to me. Only thing I found ever helped in the past was getting my abs and core muscles so rock solid that this didn't happen anymore.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I was happy with my shape/size when i was blissfully fat and unaware. Im alrightish with myself now but i bloat so easily and look pregnant and fat now. Takes very little food to do it. Didnt happen a bit heavier lol

Hell yeah, it really does show on a leaner body when you have had a big meal, doesn't it? I literally have a totally flat stomach most of the time, but throw down my dinner, even though it is healthy, and I bloat right out afterwards, lol. It is a real irritant to me. Only thing I found ever helped in the past was getting my abs and core muscles so rock solid that this didn't happen anymore.

Wish i had abs hah
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    yes and no, I loved how I looked in clothes but out of them I was too skinny up top. I'm a pear shape, and lost more from my top than my bottom. I've since gained about 10 lbs and am wanting to tone with weightlifting vs dieting. I think if I can do that I'll like the final results better
  • 12anita
    12anita Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    After many years of going up and down in weight, this time I have reached my goal by a combination of portion control, cardio, and some weight training. I still have flab I am working on, but happy with my weight. It is a challenge to maintain, but using this app and daily weighing myself helps!