Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Will you log foods on Thanksgiving or no?

Options
anwade01
anwade01 Posts: 35 Member
edited November 2017 in Debate Club
Do you plan on logging your meals this Thanksgiving? I’d love to see your answers!

As far as my thoughts... either way, I personally just wanna be able to enjoy my favorite dishes in moderation. I’d love to get through the holiday season without picking up several pounds... it would be a first!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I intend to cook it and log it. I did last year. The main course of our family's meal was not particularly high in calories. Rather, the desserts were. Last year I bought pies and fruitcakes. This year I haven't.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    No. I don't log consistently anyway (at maintenance), but I didn't log Thanksgiving when I was. I didn't go totally nuts and a good part of my family's Thanksgiving (which I cook a lot of) is reasonably sensible calorie-wise (I posted a likely menu in another thread), but logging dishes I don't make or ones I eat family style from a larger bowl and so on is a hassle and not worth the trouble and besides I don't care how many calories I eat on that one day.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Nope!!!
    It is a family potluck and I can't imagine the PITA it would be to WAG all the cals. Like @jessiferrrb said ^^ I plan to do work my tail off at the gym in the AM day of and day after.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on logging. I'll eat reasonable portions of "special occasion" food throughout the day, enjoy good wine and mulled cider and call it a holiday. This is how I approach all holidays and vacations now and I've learned one day won't have any impact at all on long-term weight maintenance. As long as it's one day, of course.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I do, but it's more to make sure I can run the next day.

It's just one day and has no impact over the long run. This is the key point most people ignore - it's not the 10 or so Holiday overeating that results in being overweight...it's the daily 250 kcal surplus.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I plan to log what I eat and any exercise earlier in the day, then quick add a completely random 3500 calories for dinner :smile:
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Yes.

How else will I know if I reach a new high score?

This. All of this.