Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Will you log foods on Thanksgiving or no?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I wont weigh but I still log. I've never been one to gorge myself on holidays. I just eat normally but maybe have a high calorie desert that I enjoy. I don't care for much thanksgiving food besides the desserts lol. The only part of the regular meal I like is the turkey and vegetables. Not a fan of stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. But I always have a slice or two of my favorite homemade pies apple and pumpkin! I just log them and estimate.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Ill log but it will all be general entries from the data base, and I don't plan on going crazy.

Ill enjoy the day and eat what I want and will probably be over

this for Christmas!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes.

How else will I know if I reach a new high score?

This is exactly what I came in here to say.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Yes.

How else will I know if I reach a new high score?

This is exactly what I came in here to say.

It needed to make an appearance on Page 2 anyway!
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yes I will log. It's just another meal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Nope. I'm having pie for breakfast.

That is the day after Thanksgiving for me.
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Nope. Doing a 5k the morning of and to hell with the calories for the day!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, including my wonderful sausage-mac-and-cheese stuffed fatties
  • WispyBlue
    WispyBlue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lol no
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    I celebrate Thanksgiving, but I will not partake in the food eating...I know...sad...I will also be getting in a 90 mins workout that morning.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    No I won't but I have learned to be more mindful in general. For example.... I will not eat breakfast that day and have our usual hearty Thanksgiving meal at "linner" time (3pm ish). I will savor everything on my plate won't go for seconds. I will have 1 bread roll as opposed to 3-4. We will have a modest dessert (and maybe an adult beverage) at around 5pm. Done.
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Nope! Well I'll put a blanket amount like 3K calories or something just so it doesn't look like i fasted.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    sure, to the best of my ability
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes. Will I stick to my goal? Nope. I'm hoping for maintenance, and with working that morning I should meet that. Plus we're eating at 2 and I'll be in bed at 6 so no evening meal.
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I actually bring a food scale to Thanksgiving. Have come from an anorexic background, I get extremely freaked out by large meals. If I don’t feel like I have some control over my calorie consumption, I won’t eat.
  • zharptichka
    zharptichka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I do but casually, so i guesstimate portions and pick something close from the database just for consistency and having a vague idea of what I ate but I don't really worry about it. Of course, this year I'm going to be on an plane to Italy so tracking should be easier lol.