Fat, protein and carb % for six pack

Options
Hi everyone I currently am eating at 45% carbs 30% fat and 25% protein and main aim is to get a six pack, what %'s do I need to be at to achieve this? Thank you.

Replies

• thapainmaker
    thapainmaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    kazane1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I currently am eating at 45% carbs 30% fat and 25% protein and main aim is to get a six pack, what %'s do I need to be at to achieve this? Thank you.

You’re macro numbers don’t matter, my abs are the one muscle I’ve reserved even after loosing a bunch of weight and I have an 8 pack lol it’s just a matter of having your bodyfat % low enuf to see them honestly
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Progressive overload training, low body fat and adequate muscle mass. This all may take some time if you aren't lean enough or haven't built enough muscle.
  • kazane1
    kazane1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Okay then thanks everyone, how would one get there body fat low enough for this then? I would say I am currently at about 15% body fat.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Okay then thanks everyone, how would one get there body fat low enough for this then? I would say I am currently at about 15% body fat.

Just find a moderate deficit and eat adequate protein. But depending on your muscle base, you might need to bulk
  • mreichard
    mreichard Posts: 235 Member
    Options

[j555kqsu3qb4.jpg
    If it helps, this is me at 16.4% per Dexa scan. I think I'd need to to be at 12% or lower.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Macros are determined by body weight/lean body mass. The percentage break down is arbitrary.

The body fat percentage for 6/8/10 pack will be different for each individual and really doesn't matter if your goal is a certain look.

Lose your body fat or gain muscle until whatever look is achieved.

Keep in mind that a six pack can mean also underweight as far as optimal strengt if that is a goal for you as well.
  • kazane1
    Options
    mreichard wrote: »

Okay thanks I think I'm at about 15 I'll upload a picture tomorrow and you can tell me for certain if you wouldn't mind. Thanks though it does help give perspective.
  • kazane1
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Just find a moderate deficit and eat adequate protein. But depending on your muscle base, you might need to bulk

I do want to be gaining strength and I do want to be bulking so would this end up getting in the way of streangth gains?
  • kazane1
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Macros are determined by body weight/lean body mass. The percentage break down is arbitrary.

The body fat percentage for 6/8/10 pack will be different for each individual and really doesn't matter if your goal is a certain look.

Lose your body fat or gain muscle until whatever look is achieved.

Keep in mind that a six pack can mean also underweight as far as optimal strengt if that is a goal for you as well.
    I have been told that I should be bulking to gain muscle and to gain strength I.e eating at a surplus is it unlikely to achieve a six pack when your eating at a surplus and bulking?
  • 93pear93
    93pear93 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You obviously need to cut now, if the photo is taken recently.
    Bulking now in your BF is not good idea tho.
  • kazane1
    Options
    93pear93 wrote: »
    You obviously need to cut now, if the photo is taken recently.
    Bulking now in your BF is not good idea tho.

Okay so I have been bulking for a few weeks now and eating at a surplus and now I seem to be not gaining weight at all and handling the surplus I'm currently eating at a lot better then I ever used to. It used to be a struggle to eat 2,900 calories and now it's normal to for me. Is this the sign of needing to cut? (I'm pretty new to body building) would I decrease my daily calorie intake by 250 to cut? Thanks.
  • 93pear93
    93pear93 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tell us about your;
    workout (since when do you workout and what program)
    daily calories
    weight
    height

your picture would be advantage to help you make decision what to do
  • kazane1
    Options
    Okay thanks I have kind of made my own workout plan i copied one from bodybuilding.com but made my own tweaks to them due to the equipment I have and don't have so at the moment I do.
    Monday: legs and abs.
    Tuesday:chest
    Wednesday:back and abs
    Thursday:rest
    Friday:shoulders and abs
    Saturday:arms
    Sunday:rest.
    My workouts go on for an average of an hour and a half.
    I have been working out for about a year now or just over and my daily calories I'm currently eating is 2,920.
    My height is only 5"5 and my weight is 57kg.
    I only have access to a bench (with leg extension) free weights, lat pull down and chin up bar and an ab roller. Any recommendations will be highly appreciated. tppdymcj114b.jpg
    427xzneamf5w.jpg
  • kazane1
    Options
    l7wwail2kcyn.png
  • kazane1
    Options
    tw264d30c6cz.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Okay thanks I have kind of made my own workout plan i copied one from bodybuilding.com but made my own tweaks to them due to the equipment I have and don't have so at the moment I do.
    Monday: legs and abs.
    Tuesday:chest
    Wednesday:back and abs
    Thursday:rest
    Friday:shoulders and abs
    Saturday:arms
    Sunday:rest.
    My workouts go on for an average of an hour and a half.
    I have been working out for about a year now or just over and my daily calories I'm currently eating is 2,920.
    My height is only 5"5 and my weight is 57kg.
    I only have access to a bench (with leg extension) free weights, lat pull down and chin up bar and an ab roller. Any recommendations will be highly appreciated.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

First, it would benefit you to get on a more structured program; one that will allow you to hit major compound moves more frequently. Second, if you want abs, you might want to lean down a bit more. If you lose another 5-10 bs and still struggle to get abs, then bulking would be a good option.