Walmart is 100% out of cream cheese?

Options
thecharon
thecharon Posts: 569 Member
I now live in a small/rural city. I think someone bought it all just to mess with the "locals". Cream cheese is only used for mashed potatoes, right? And not everyone uses it.. What other things can be made with cream cheese that are served at Thanksgiving. Maybe there was something on tv to make mashed potatoes with cream cheese and this is the "thing" to do this year? The Rachel Ray effect? I can't have a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Heh. I have two - I accidentally bought one when I had one. I'll share...
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i eat it on baked potatos as a topping or mix it into rice
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Cheeseballs/logs, jello salad
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    ask manager when the next shipment is in. Where I live we have way to many walmarts within a 10 mile radius
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I would never think to put cream cheese in potatoes, haha. I use cream cheese for bagels, truffles, cheesecake, frosting, cheeselogs,
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    I would never think to put cream cheese in potatoes, haha. I use cream cheese for bagels, truffles, cheesecake, frosting, cheeselogs,

i'm kind of weird but it works for me :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have to add, that for some reason all three Walmart's in my area have been out of all frozen hash browns for about 3 weeks. I love my hash browns and ended up going elsewhere lol.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    cheesecake, cheeseballs, dips, and other appetizers that we usually have at the table. Oh, and my favorite - coca cola salad. So yeah, there's lots!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Spread thickly on a cheese cracker and topped with prawns. Heaven

• aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Rolls
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I would guess that about half of the cream cheese sales in the US happen from October to December. Appetizer dips for tailgates and parties and holiday desserts like cheesecake, pumpkin roll, carrot cake, etc. etc.

It never occurred to me to put cream cheese in my regular mashed potatoes, but I put it in my mashed potatoes for shepherd's pie because the recipe tells me to, so I guess it makes sense. I also like to put a small amount of cream cheese in some of my pasta sauces to make them a little creamy and decadent without a huge calorie hit. Particularly things like Cajun pasta or fajita pasta.
  • MrsVerge
    MrsVerge Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The best is no bake cheesecake.

2 blocks of light philly
    2 tubs low fat cool whip
    graham crackers
    butter
    salt

You mix just enough melted butter with graham crackers and a dash of salt to make them moist then pack it into a 13/9 pan. Cream the cream cheese until smooth and soft, I like to use an electric hand mixer. Fold 1 1/2 tubs of cool whip and mix with a spatula until well blended and smooth. Taste! Add more cool whip if you want it less cream cheesy and more sweet. (My mom likes to use 1:1 ratio of CS to CW but I like 2:1.5) When it's at its yummiest, spread over the graham cracker and refrigerate for at least two hours.

You can leave it like this and have random toppings on the table for people to choose their own - Smucker's ice cream sundae toppings work great - or use pie filling on top (blueberry is especially tasty). The best, though, is to take a bottle of Smucker's seedless strawberry jam and nuke it until it's bubbly, stir it a bit, then pour gently over the top. The heat will melt the cheesecake in random places and make channels of strawberry goodness, plus a sticky smooth yummy top.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    First thing I thought of was cheesecake. Crazy that they're completely out though
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I'm making pumpkin cheesecake with mine.

On a related note, my Whole Foods was all out of pecans already yesterday.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone left the shipment on the loading dock and it went funky. I use it for cheesecake, mash, on crackers and sandwiches, inside pockets cut into chicken breasts cooked in salsa...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes with cream cheese? Don't know if want.

Cheesecake, cheese balls, beef rolls (my mom makes these for Christmas). And maybe with today/tomorrow being people's last day of work for the week, businesses are buying for bagels at breakfast.

Also there could be an issue getting it into the distribution center or store by Philadelphia or whatever brand you're looking for. I know at my (not Walmart) store they sent us an announcement about another popular Thanksgiving item we may run out of due to manufacturing issues.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I bought 8 packages for the 2 cheesecakes I'm planning to make, lol.