Walmart is 100% out of cream cheese?

Options
13»

Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I've never put cream cheese in my mash. Cream cheese frosting for cinnamon rolls and red velvet cake, pumpkin roll filling, my alfredo dip (all kinds of dips actually), cheesecake.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!!!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Surprising around the holidays. Say what you want about Wal-Mart, but their logistics, knowing what is selling at each store. etc is brick and mortar industry leading.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Slice and eat it for dessert works for me or just low on energy but short on time.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    MrsVerge wrote: »
    The best is no bake cheesecake.

2 blocks of light philly
    2 tubs low fat cool whip
    graham crackers
    butter
    salt

You mix just enough melted butter with graham crackers and a dash of salt to make them moist then pack it into a 13/9 pan. Cream the cream cheese until smooth and soft, I like to use an electric hand mixer. Fold 1 1/2 tubs of cool whip and mix with a spatula until well blended and smooth. Taste! Add more cool whip if you want it less cream cheesy and more sweet. (My mom likes to use 1:1 ratio of CS to CW but I like 2:1.5) When it's at its yummiest, spread over the graham cracker and refrigerate for at least two hours.

You can leave it like this and have random toppings on the table for people to choose their own - Smucker's ice cream sundae toppings work great - or use pie filling on top (blueberry is especially tasty). The best, though, is to take a bottle of Smucker's seedless strawberry jam and nuke it until it's bubbly, stir it a bit, then pour gently over the top. The heat will melt the cheesecake in random places and make channels of strawberry goodness, plus a sticky smooth yummy top.

i do about the same recipe but i use 1 and 1 of the cool whip and cream cheese 1/4 cup sugar (or substitute) 1 teaspoon lemon juice and put it in a premade graham cracker crust. usually the reduced calorie one. sometimes i add peanut butter powder or cocoa powder if i do i nix the lemon juice.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    A nice little slice of full fat cream cheese to tuck inside your Genoa salami slice before you roll it up and eat it like a little cheese & meat burrito.

I do the same with prosciutto. Yum!

i do with ham and a slice of pickle
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    It wasn't just cream cheese. I had to go to six stores between two towns/cities on Tuesday - including a Walmart that was out of stock - before I found the brand of local-ish 100% whipping cream (no carrageenan) I buy.

Freaking holidays.

That'll learn me when it comes to shopping for Christmas this year after not doing so for either holiday for the past ten of 'em. Quickly remembering why I farmed these meals out in the first place so long ago. 0_o
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    No mention of spinach artichoke dip? I'm aghast. :wink: Hehe
  • Anotherone8
    Anotherone8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Honestly the tastiest ( but most fattening) mashed potatoes are made with cream cheese and sour cream. Seriously decadent!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    A nice little slice of full fat cream cheese to tuck inside your Genoa salami slice before you roll it up and eat it like a little cheese & meat burrito.

We 100% had this at thanksgiving. Also, cream-cheese stuffed celery.