Scared of losing

Options
I am a 27year old female who weight 267 and I am really wanting to lose weight and actually do it I always get side track and quit my now I’m ready for new year to start something off right but I am so terrified of losing weight(goal ultimately is 150-170lbs) but I don’t want lose skin I don’t have great insurance and I am not rich or have lots of money is it really worth it if you have lose skin just hanging I think I would feel worse about myself idk I’m so scared and confused

Replies

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Even if you get loose skin from losing such a large amount of weight, you never know what the future will bring. Surgery is available. You might come into money or work out a payment plan. I wish for you to meet your goal weight.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    And also, how tall are you, since your goal is to weigh only 100-110lbs?
  • LatoriaMcAdoo
    LatoriaMcAdoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Weigh:267
    Goal:150-160
    Height:5’3
  • LatoriaMcAdoo
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Well, you’re not going to lose skin, but you might have loose skin. I’ve lost 85# and I certainly do. It’s not worth being “terrified” — it is what it is.

I am okay with a little bit of loose skin I just don’t want a lot
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    No one wants loose skin. It is more important to get yourself to a healthy weight, then deal with any skin issues. Your skin is what it is. It won't get bigger. Would you rather keep it filled with fat as it is now?
  • LatoriaMcAdoo
    Options

Weigh:267
    Goal:150-160
    Height:5’3

Oh I’m sorry, I read your original post as your goal being to LOSE 150lb.
    Depending on genetics you might not actually have much loose skin at all. Don’t let the fear of what MAY happen stop you before you’ve begun.

@MsHarryWinston it’s only about 107lbs to lose which seems like it’s not much just hard to stay on track
  • LatoriaMcAdoo
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    katorric wrote: »
    Hey you are young and resilient and your skin will contract over time. Just use a really good cocoa butter cream like Palmer's. About 10 years ago I lost 50lb and I cannot tell you the joy it brought to my life. People just treat you better - I know it's unfair but it is the truth

You know its sad but true. People treat you differently... in the good way. I know i lost weight for health reason but losing weight does give you a confidence boost, energy, and better health.
  • LatoriaMcAdoo
    Options
    I think it will be okay!

I was about 220, now 140. I lost most of it within nine months. I think I look good, not much loose skin at all, just a little on my back, below the bra line - but part of that may be that I'm 60+ years old!

It's so worth it - your life will be so much better in every way, not the least of which is self-confidence and health. I would never go back to my old self.

Thank you @cmriverside starting Jan 1st I’m starting to workout/eat better
  • nbkrlsk73
    nbkrlsk73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with saraonly9913. Go for it. I started at 265, I'm now 228 & still loosing. Start walking. Walk when even u can. Also, start some sort of strength training program to tone. The loose skin will be an afterthought when u start droppin those lb's. U will say to yourself, what the heck was I afraid of again. Good Luck to u in ur journey.