Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why are some WOE more acceptable than others?

Options
youngmomtaz
youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
edited January 2018 in Debate Club
Mods: please remove this if it is against guidelines.

I am just wondering why there is so much pushback against low carb high fat or Keto WOE but never against others like vegetarian or vegan? A vegan can ask a dietary question and have it answered directly with no off topic replys. A poster asking for advice or info about their current Keto protocol is immediately told that “they do not need to eat low carb to lose weight” while the asked question is often ignored.

I tend to not post in vegan/vegetarian threads because I don’t know enough about proper nutrition on these diets. But, using an example, I assume if I went into a thread where someone claimed to be low energy while eating vegan and I told them to eat some steak and eggs for better absorption of B vitamins, I would be lamb basted.

When I eat Keto my energy is better, my A1C is normal and not prediabetic range, my digestion is improved, my migraines reduce to almost zero. And all of this without weight loss. People typically will not stay on a “diet” that has them feeling poorly. So why are there such strong feelings about lchf? I have a hard time believing it is just about the weight loss claims because I see/hear of may people who think low fat or dropping meat will promote automatic weight loss as well. Why not encourage people to try and see how they feel best?

Bit of a ramble there, I am just honestly curious.
*pops popcorn for everyone though I hope it’s not needed.

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I would say it's because there are SO MANY THREADS about Keto. Every other post is about keto. I will only recommend something other than Keto if the OP is struggling with "staying with it". Most new posters about Keto think it's the only way to lose weight. Or "everything else has failed, trying Keto", like it's magic. It's like MyKetoPal. New website, dibs!

Oh, damn! I was gonna call dibs on that!