Plant Based Diet?

Options
So, I am thinking of going on a more plant based diet. If you know about this please add the pros and cons below. Also, if you want to join me on this journey also add your weight and goals too we can try it out together!

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I'd say I'm 80% plant based, though I don't like to label my diet. I still eat fish and eggs occasionally and a small amount of processed foods. My diary is open anyway. The foods I eat isn't just for weight loss (that's down to the amount of calories) I just want good nourishing foods with some treats (what I call treats others may not) and food I love to eat. For example I love salads and have one most days, some people turn their nose up at salads saying they're boring, that's down to what you put in it.
  • DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just started a Vegan group. I invite all of you to stop by. The more the merrier!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/125060-vegan-share
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    MarcA1218 wrote: »
    So, I am thinking of going on a more plant based diet. If you know about this please add the pros and cons below. Also, if you want to join me on this journey also add your weight and goals too we can try it out together!

You still need to.calorie count.

Oh yes I will continue using this app and watch my calorie intake as well.

You need to do more research than watching fear mongers on Netflix

A TV show isn’t my driving force. Although that show and Rotten were interesting shows, I friends on both a vegetarian & vegan diet and I am thinking of doing this because of my weight and my health. I have been reading up on it and and speaking with people who have also made the change. I was looking for feedback on the pros and cons of a plant based diet not the video. Just want to make sure I make the right decision.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

A TV show isn’t my driving force. Although that show and Rotten were interesting shows, I friends on both a vegetarian & vegan diet and I am thinking of doing this because of my weight and my health. I have been reading up on it and and speaking with people who have also made the change. I was looking for feedback on the pros and cons of a plant based diet not the video. Just want to make sure I make the right decision.

Obviously you're going to get a lot of nutrition from eating a plant based diet if you make it varied and include all the food groups, but you can also get that from eating meat, dairy etc. Think about why you want to go plant based, what you're going to eat on this diet and what you want to acheive. If it's just to lose weight then maybe rethink it. Weight loss is simply eating less calories than you burn. If there's more reasons like ethical or health then I'd do the research on what kind of foods you need to eat to get the nutrition you want while still losing weight and also foods you love to eat, because if you don't love the food you're eating then this eating plan won't last long.
  • cramseynyc
    cramseynyc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just recently made the change to plant based eating myself (I was vegetarian and made the switch to vegan). I do it for ethical reasons but the health benefits are great too. So far, I feel great and have lost weight. I talked to my doctor about it and he said we can get all the nutrients we need from plants except B12 (which comes from dairy) so I take a supplement. Good luck to you! Feel free to connect with me on here.