Wow... That had how many calories?!!?

Options

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I put a plop of potato salad on my plate (probably less than 1/4 cup) and weighed it, put it in my log, and it clocked in at like 300 calories!!!! I put some back, but that 5 bites was still 200.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,321 Member
    Options
    most surprising when I started was salad dressings also. Before mfp, I was eating mostly chicken, veggies & rice. when I started & logged the rice, I was so surprised! now I eat it once in a while
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    Cereal, I stopped eating it because what a "serving " actually was, not worth the calories.

Me to.
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I first tried calorie counting, I would look up my typical order at a fast food place and be shocked at that being 1500+ calorie meals even with a diet coke and then say ok, I'll just have a salad, and even more surprised to find that was almost 1000 calories, too. I am glad that more places now have nutritional information available, but I do wish that more places would just show it on the menu, so we don't have to look it up online and plan ahead.

I also wish more places would have interactive nutrition online, so you could say "no croutons" or substitute a different dressing, and see the new nutrition info.

I used to laugh at the ladies who would order a salad at the restaurant, saying they were trying to "be healthy" but then ask for "extra dressing" and not a low-fat dressing either, usually ranch, so that's like 2 x 2 oz container x 140 = 560 calories, just for the dressing. I really think they had no idea how much they were self-sabotaging.
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pasta, nuts, cheese...sigh

This^^^ bread and tortillas.
    Also straight alcohol. I drank vodka, water, and lime for the longest time until I realized 1 oz of vodka has about 65 calories!!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I put a plop of potato salad on my plate (probably less than 1/4 cup) and weighed it, put it in my log, and it clocked in at like 300 calories!!!! I put some back, but that 5 bites was still 200.

Costco has delicious potato salad, but it is 8 billion calories per tablespoon.

I know, right?!?!

• klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hot wings. I almost lost my mind lol
  • twinkit
    twinkit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A serving of mixed veggies at Firebird woodfire grill. 240 calories.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    the flavored creamers have like 35 calories per tablespoon. I love the different creamers in my coffee. Before I was eyeballing it and adding probably about a half of cup of creamer which is like 500 or so calories. Now i stick to 3 tablespoons which isn't nearly as sweet but I am getting used to it.
  • Terebynthia
    Terebynthia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sainsbury's Taste the Difference coleslaw. 440 calories for a 180g tub.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Turkish Kisir. Nearly 500 calories per cup. Not bad for a salad :angry:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    twinkit wrote: »
    A serving of mixed veggies at Firebird woodfire grill. 240 calories.

Same at Texas Roadhouse. Seriously, it's insane. People pick veggies to make a better choice, and they drown them in butter...