Thickshakes... Totally not worth it...
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! Obviously, not the plain one.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen Blizzards. The last time I got one, I remember ordering a small French Silk Pie one thinking, “It’s not that big — this probably 300-400 calories”. Nope. More like 800. I haven’t had a blizzard since, and that was almost 5 years ago.

I buy the minis if I really want one
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Not much shocks me nowadays, all the food I usually eat, I know approximately how many calories they have. But, I tried to eat a whole baguette today for dinner, well, I weighed it out and realised it was over 600 calories for just the bread, without any of the fillings. So disappointing. To be fair, half of it filled me up, alongside some salad, but I was just being greedy lol.

• Eelkov
    Eelkov Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Pate! 42 CALORIES PER TABLESPOON!!!!!!
  • miluti
    miluti Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    AdinaRin wrote: »
    Sushi surprises me every single time. I should know by now but traditional rolls always have so many cals and carbs in them... the tempura special rolls... don't even get me started on those haha.

This ALWAYS kills me - maki, nigiri...I don't even touch the tempura. Makes me so sad!! haha
  • parachute_hoot
    parachute_hoot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went to have some baked beans with my dinner last night, for the first time since I have started logging my foods and was shocked at how many calories are in a tin of baked beans! 352 for the can. There would have been many days I would have had a can of beans, a jacket potato with butter and beans for my lunch. It would have filled me up but that was easily 700 calories for lunch...!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I went to have some baked beans with my dinner last night, for the first time since I have started logging my foods and was shocked at how many calories are in a tin of baked beans! 352 for the can. There would have been many days I would have had a can of beans, a jacket potato with butter and beans for my lunch. It would have filled me up but that was easily 700 calories for lunch...!

It's actually not that bad for baked beans, usually they add a ton of sugar and whatnot. This seems to be close to the normal calories of beans. I'd never be able to eat a whole can of them though - that's a LOT of ans. Are cans smaller in the UK?

For me, yesterday I bought a bag of frozen creamed spinach. It's usually around 240 calories for a bag, and I can make it fit pretty easily. Well, when I saw the nutrition information (after buying it, of course, it was a different brand)... 160 calories for a 1/2 cup serving. About 400 calories for the whole bag. I had a bite and put it away, it wasn't even worth it and tasted like pure butter.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise.

PIZZA!!!! (Ah, too bad!)