Wow... That had how many calories?!!?

Options

Replies

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. All those innocent looking food that are out to get us if we're not careful. I was pretty shocked by nuts in general. A handful of plain roasted cashews has 400 calories. That's scary, man.

On a different note, is there a thread on how shockingly few calories something that looks evil has?
  • Semele0
    Semele0 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    I love this thread. All those innocent looking food that are out to get us if we're not careful. I was pretty shocked by nuts in general. A handful of plain roasted cashews has 400 calories. That's scary, man.

On a different note, is there a thread on how shockingly few calories something that looks evil has?

Ahahha, I would love such a thread, so many things I always thought were going to completely suck all my calories were, fortunately, much less heavy!
    A bar of Kinder Bueno is "only" 122 cals, I thought a lot more, I can eat one mid afternoon and it's completely manageable!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

There is, haha! I think it's titled something like... "that how how few calories".
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Gummy bears. 100 calories for 8 bears?! I would eat the whole bag which had 8 servings. No wonder I got fat. I miss gummy bears, but they are not worth the extra calories.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Yep, right here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10637861/wow-that-had-how-few-calories/p1
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who said most restaurant meals. I usually split them in two.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would drink a tall bottle, I think 24oz of Crispin Cider, 300calories - sometimes I would drink 2...600 calories. :#

My Thursday night reduced price Boneless Chicken at Buffalo Wild Wings, I would go during happy hour. I calculated the calories - 3105 calories, 3105 calories! Three snack size wing - different flavors, mozzarella sticks (shared,) and a tall beer. Not to mention the 1800mg of sodium in the blazin sauce.

Wings. The very worst. I assume it's because they are basically chicken skin and bones that have been deep fried, but the fact that they can jam THAT many calories into an appie just seems...wrong...
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    jrochest wrote: »

Wings. The very worst. I assume it's because they are basically chicken skin and bones that have been deep fried, but the fact that they can jam THAT many calories into an appie just seems...wrong...

Well, I didn’t imagine Boneless would have been so bad... but then again, deep fried. :s

I can eat four rotisserie chicken drumsticks with skin from Costco for 600 calories.

• tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Went into a cost of Starbucks (one of those kind anyway!) Hubby and kids had cake, I had a blueberry muffin as I thought that was healthier! Totally not worth the calories - over 400! My other one is tortilla chips. We got some at Christmas, they were fancy brand ones - 800 cals and that wasn't for the whole pack! I could have totally eaten the whole pack - with cheese sauce!

Get one of the protein boxes.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I would drink a tall bottle, I think 24oz of Crispin Cider, 300calories - sometimes I would drink 2...600 calories. :#

My Thursday night reduced price Boneless Chicken at Buffalo Wild Wings, I would go during happy hour. I calculated the calories - 3105 calories, 3105 calories! Three snack size wing - different flavors, mozzarella sticks (shared,) and a tall beer. Not to mention the 1800mg of sodium in the blazin sauce.

NAKED Wings aren't bad for those of us who have to watch carbs. The breading adds to the calorie load, not to mention the batter can absorb and hold some of the fat they are fried in.

We have a local place that does brick oven baked wings with a mustard based sauce and they are not bad.

Even a half dozen naked wings at Hooters isn't that bad. (560 calories) It's a go-to lunch with them tossed in hot wing sauce (80 calories.) I just have a side salad or cole slaw and unsweet tea. For me and my BG, it's things like fries that are the killer. I'll wake up the next day with a BG reading through the roof.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

NAKED Wings aren't bad for those of us who have to watch carbs. The breading adds to the calorie load, not to mention the batter can absorb and hold some of the fat they are fried in.

We have a local place that does brick oven baked wings with a mustard based sauce and they are not bad.

Even a half dozen naked wings at Hooters isn't that bad. (560 calories) It's a go-to lunch with them tossed in hot wing sauce (80 calories.) I just have a side salad or cole slaw and unsweet tea. For me and my BG, it's things like fries that are the killer. I'll wake up the next day with a BG reading through the roof.

I can eat fries when I run beforehand. Run 5k or more, eat a (modest) serving of fries in the next couple of hours, blood sugar is good. Of course I like ketchup which is basically sugar, and that doesn't help. I have to measure out a limited amount of ketchup and make it last, instead of drowning my fries. Now if I could just figure out how to eat Karo pecan pie, not even running will help me with that!

Speaking of things that have too many calories, fries are just the worst.
  • DefinitelyDoingThis
    Options
    Mind blown by the 500 calories in a honey dew melon — now it’s a honey don’t melon!
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Starbucks coffe drinks. The white chocolate mocha with whipped cream is almost 600 calories!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    One cup diced cooked beets : 48 calories! thats not very much, I'm eating it for a snack with some vinegar and salt, very satisfying.
  • kylezsullivan1
    kylezsullivan1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bro. Bro. I ordered a salad the other day with some vinaigrette. They gave me the Caesar instead so I was like screw it. Looked it up after I ate it and the two 4oz cups were 600 calories. Over 55g of unsaturated fat. HOW SWAY?!
  • QPR1953
    QPR1953 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine has got to be chips (fries for you Americans). I really miss them but 4 Stones later it has to be worth it. I have recently bought an air fryer so I can have them in moderation!