Replies

• Icrizz
    Icrizz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Restaurant food in general
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "Healthy" foods in general. I went to have a quinoa bowl from Another Broken Egg as it's listed as one of their healthy options. I could get pancakes for the calories that were in that bowl.

Healthy is not the same as low calorie
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Walnuts are my favorites, but they're like 600 cals per 100g (3.5 oz). And they're extremely easy to overeat.
    Also, tarama - almost as packed as walnuts. My dad makes a mean one and when I go over it takes a lot to stop at the first spoonful.

Then of course restaurant meals (we do not have calories listed here, but we have weight of the product and it helps a bit when ordering simple), peanut butter, dark chocolate, etc.

• littlepins
    littlepins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hollandaise sauce :( I miss you!!

and the large Garlic and Herb dip from Dominos! 700 kcals for a 100g tub, once I would carefully count calories so I could have pizza and then happily eat most of the dip. I can have extra pizza for that amount!
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Oats - 30g of oats is heavier on calories than 100g low fat yoghurt!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    ap1972 wrote: »
    Not really a surprise but I took my son to Krispy Kreme's yesterday so took a look at how many calories they were (300+) so glad I did because the smell as I walked in made them so tempting :unamused: and to think we used to share a dozen on a weekend :confused:

But a regular glazed Krispy Kreme is only 190 calories, so not too bad. Once you start adding the icings and fillings, is when they get higher. But mmmm, a hot glazed Krispy Kreme...so worth it, to me anyway! But it is difficult to stop at one!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My father in law lives around the corner from Rallys, and yesterday I was SO HUNGRY while i was over there that I looked up their nutritional info. I used to order a cheeseburger and chili fries. Their chili fries are 870 calories
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I went to outback steakhouse for dinner last weekend for a friends birthday and decided to splurge a bit and get the side of mac and cheese with my entree, big mistake. I looked it up later and the SIDE of mac and cheese had around 850 calories, just the dang side and it wasn't even that good! I could have had fries for 350. I won't be making that mistake again!
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Not really a surprise but I took my son to Krispy Kreme's yesterday so took a look at how many calories they were (300+) so glad I did because the smell as I walked in made them so tempting :unamused: and to think we used to share a dozen on a weekend :confused:

But a regular glazed Krispy Kreme is only 190 calories, so not too bad. Once you start adding the icings and fillings, is when they get higher. But mmmm, a hot glazed Krispy Kreme...so worth it, to me anyway! But it is difficult to stop at one!

That's the problem if I had been ordering as well we would have got a dozen........ there would have gone my daily calories in one go :disappointed:

Glazed are ok but for the price and calories I'd rather have something else as a treat

• lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

That's the problem if I had been ordering as well we would have got a dozen........ there would have gone my daily calories in one go :disappointed:

Glazed are ok but for the price and calories I'd rather have something else as a treat

If it was me with one of my kids, I'd just order 3 donuts--one for him, one for me, and one to split (or just stick with one each). Agreed, the dozen is dangerous! But def if it's not worth it to you that's different. Krispy Kreme just happens to be one of my loves that I'll indulge in now and then :smile:
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Brownies made from a mix. The serving size is so small. It ruins the enjoyment for me to eat such a small brownie! So I just rarely ever have them and when I do cut a piece that's 2 or 3 servings. :blush:
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    When I started I was a grazer. It’s amazing how many calories you can add up with a little bite here and a little bite there.

Last week I ate an peeled orange that weighed 326g and was 300 calories. It was the most delicious thing I ate all day.

I think maybe I won't weigh my oranges... lol.

Twas a big orange!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Made indonesian peanut sauce from scratch and ended up with just over 700kcal/100gr. Ouch!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Made indonesian peanut sauce from scratch and ended up with just over 700kcal/100gr. Ouch!

That's freaking impressive.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I had one of those pre-made mudslides you can get at the liquor store this weekend. I did not have a scale to truly measure what I was consuming so I guesstimated 12oz. Whether I was high or low, I was stunned to read what the calorie content of that sucker was. For 12oz, a Chi Chi's brand Mexican Mudslide was 850 freakin' cal for 12 measly ounces. I could of had a cheeseburger and fries, or a GIANT bowl of ice cream for that! I almost had a kitten when I looked that one up! lol. :open_mouth:
  • fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Aussie Bites from Costco are 130 calories each. I used to eat 6 or so for breakfast. :'(