Wow... That had how many calories?!!?

Options

Replies

• Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I drank a milkshake at MOD Pizza yesterday and it was 900 calories :( So gutted when I realised! But it was yummy so... I'll work it off I guess.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,412 Member
    Options
    Actually, I was really surprised about the calories in my omelett (well, it was more like a scrambled egg in the end): 3 eggs, sweet potato, shalott, sambal oelek, coconut flakes and some spices, and oil of course. Just about 460kcal.
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Selendraco wrote: »
    Tortilla's are the same amount as bread slices.
    I mean WHAT?
    How?
    They're thinner!
    LoL

Yes! Tortillas make me so mad. They're supposed to be less calories than bread, but nooooooo. This is why I don't use the tortillas when I get fajitas at mexcian restuarants.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese cold noodle salad. I had no idea vermicelli had so many calories and all of the ingredients in the salad seemed so healthy :/

Spring rolls too! Just veggies, nothing fried... like 450 calories for 2!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    One itty bitty Cadbury creme egg... 170 cal

Best regret I've tasted in a while. Haha

I've been logging them as 150 calories, which is what I've found when I look it up online. Not that that's a lot better, but a little!! I try to half them with my husband, but sometimes I just eat the whole darn thing. Yum!

I always log them as 150 and double-checked, but 170 sounds ok to me too.

Honestly I find them more satisfying than most chocolate bars with 210-250 calories, so I've always considered them a surprise calorie-wise but of the opposite kind!
  • Francl27
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Vietnamese cold noodle salad. I had no idea vermicelli had so many calories and all of the ingredients in the salad seemed so healthy :/

No way. Not gonna happen. Each rice wrap is only 30cal max. I make them all the time and pack a LOT of veggies in there with shrimp and never over 50cal each.

It's the Vietnamese ones with rice noodles.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast. When I used to eat it, I would spoon that stuff on everything! Then I realized I was putting almost 300 extra calories of it on throughout the day.
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options

No way. Not gonna happen. Each rice wrap is only 30cal max. I make them all the time and pack a LOT of veggies in there with shrimp and never over 50cal each.

Even on the high end, I am finding only about 60-70 calories for Vietnamese spring rolls (not fried).
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    megs_1985 wrote: »
    Definitely dressings. I got the Chipotle salad and it all was fine until I looked up the dressing. So much oil! Also Starbucks. I usually only get a cappuccino or flat white but that is still 150+ calories. I just drink plain coffee now with a bit of milk.

My daughter is a shift leader at our local Starbucks. I get an Italian Roast in the clover machine. What most people get I call adult milkshakes. Most of the Grande Frapp drinks are 450+ calories. I'd blow through 25% of my calories and probably half my carb allowance for a day having one of those.

No thanks.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    Was going out to lunch today, so I thought I would be good and preplan. I looked up all the local chains, Ruby Tuesdays, TGIF, Longhorn Steak House, Applebees.... I knew I wouldn't get what I might order in the past, without looking at the nutrition content, but seriously, I found it difficult to find anything under 800 calories! That is more than half my calories for the day! (unfortunately, the gym was not going to fit in today) I started thinking, how many of us would go in, eat a meal for 1200 calories, and that would be without a cocktail, and then eat two more meals! No wonder so many of us are in this MFP boat together.

Had lunch with my daughter yesterday at a local Egg & I restaurant.

Hard to find sub 500 calorie choices.

Ended up with the Mediterranean Fritatta, removed the English Muffin and subbed a fruit bowl

The Fritatta with the dressed greens (and the waiter tried to get me home fries) was 418 calories, 9g carbs, 21g fat and 39g protein.

Even with that, it was just over 1/2 the RDA of Sodium.

But you make a good point, a little menu recon before you go somewhere is usually a good idea.

• Francl27
    Options

Yeap. Unless each of them is loaded with nothing but rice noodles and weight half a pound.... not gonna happen.

330 for 2 at Trader Joes. 410 at the Cheesecake Factory. Not sure if it includes the sauce though...
  • Francl27
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    Was going out to lunch today, so I thought I would be good and preplan. I looked up all the local chains, Ruby Tuesdays, TGIF, Longhorn Steak House, Applebees.... I knew I wouldn't get what I might order in the past, without looking at the nutrition content, but seriously, I found it difficult to find anything under 800 calories! That is more than half my calories for the day! (unfortunately, the gym was not going to fit in today) I started thinking, how many of us would go in, eat a meal for 1200 calories, and that would be without a cocktail, and then eat two more meals! No wonder so many of us are in this MFP boat together.

Had lunch with my daughter yesterday at a local Egg & I restaurant.

Hard to find sub 500 calorie choices.

Ended up with the Mediterranean Fritatta, removed the English Muffin and subbed a fruit bowl

The Fritatta with the dressed greens (and the waiter tried to get me home fries) was 418 calories, 9g carbs, 21g fat and 39g protein.

Even with that, it was just over 1/2 the RDA of Sodium.

But you make a good point, a little menu recon before you go somewhere is usually a good idea.

That's why going out is so frustrating for me. I don't want to leave hungry so splitting an entree typically doesn't cut it either (I typically eat the sides and half the meat)... I don't care for most chains but at least those typically have low calories options.

I always calculate my usual diner breakfast of fried eggs, home fries, turkey sausage and toast at 1400 calories or something... and a lot of places add pancake batter to scrambled eggs and omelets!
  • Francl27
    Options

Yeap. Unless each of them is loaded with nothing but rice noodles and weight half a pound.... not gonna happen.

330 for 2 at Trader Joes. 410 at the Cheesecake Factory. Not sure if it includes the sauce though...

It has to include the peanut sauce, and a lot of it to make sense.

Make these at home with filling of choice, use PB2 for the peanut sauce. No regrets.

That's what I don't get, the nutrition I found for the Cheesecake Factory had 1g of fat, so it doesn't make any sense, lol.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

It has to include the peanut sauce, and a lot of it to make sense.

Make these at home with filling of choice, use PB2 for the peanut sauce. No regrets.

That's what I don't get, the nutrition I found for the Cheesecake Factory had 1g of fat, so it doesn't make any sense, lol.

Cheesecake factory has a knack for turning regular foods into absolute calorie bombs without any reason. It's either a massive portion or logged incorrectly. Or a combo of both.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    duskyjewel wrote: »
    Okay, I want to make it clear that I knew this was a ridiculous indulgence before I ate it. My son's junior class is fundraising for their senior trip next year and they had a night at Raising Cane's. Any of you who have been to Cane's know it is deep fried chicken deliciousness. But even I was shocked when I tracked it later. I got the info straight from the Cane's website because none of the entries on MFP were for this meal, except one I knew had to be wrong. For those who aren't used to the desktop interface, the far left column is the calories. The one over 3000 to the right is the SODIUM. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!

gejprslbncqn.png

Thank you for posting this. Canes is my fave indulgence but not anymore. Like you I KNOW its not weight loss friendly or healthy but for crying out loud!

• Semele0
    Semele0 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For me, it was wine and alchool in general. I knew it had some calories, but didn't know they were that much! I don't drink often, but I like a glass of wine or two when I eat out with friends. Last week I was going out with friends and left a lot of calories for dinner, when I went home I logged what I ate and was just right into my calories. Then I thought, "it's not going to change much, but just to be exact, let's add those glasses of wine I drank". Spiraled way over maximum cals. Ops.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Went into a cost of Starbucks (one of those kind anyway!) Hubby and kids had cake, I had a blueberry muffin as I thought that was healthier! Totally not worth the calories - over 400! My other one is tortilla chips. We got some at Christmas, they were fancy brand ones - 800 cals and that wasn't for the whole pack! I could have totally eaten the whole pack - with cheese sauce!
  • sauronseye
    sauronseye Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    An 80g chocolate doughnut. I was shocked when I realised it has 475 calories! I thought it was around 200. HAHA. Somehow I forgot about all the Nutella in it, I guess.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Semele0 wrote: »
    For me, it was wine and alchool in general. I knew it had some calories, but didn't know they were that much! I don't drink often, but I like a glass of wine or two when I eat out with friends. Last week I was going out with friends and left a lot of calories for dinner, when I went home I logged what I ate and was just right into my calories. Then I thought, "it's not going to change much, but just to be exact, let's add those glasses of wine I drank". Spiraled way over maximum cals. Ops.

Interesting! I have always considered wine to be a relatively simple and low-calorie thing to add, and at the very least one I know what I’m getting into.

For me, the thing that floored me wasn’t exactly the calorie count, but the fact that I discussed the best take-away meal options available near the gym (my work and college library are also located within 3 blocks of the gym, and we are working with my real life situations instead of living in a fantasy of always carrying a pre-cooked meal), and the discussion ended with the recommended choice being... burritos. Sure, the burrito place makes them fresh with good ingredients, but still. If burritos are the best option, how bad are the rest?
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would drink a tall bottle, I think 24oz of Crispin Cider, 300calories - sometimes I would drink 2...600 calories. :#

My Thursday night reduced price Boneless Chicken at Buffalo Wild Wings, I would go during happy hour. I calculated the calories - 3105 calories, 3105 calories! Three snack size wing - different flavors, mozzarella sticks (shared,) and a tall beer. Not to mention the 1800mg of sodium in the blazin sauce.