Wow... That had how many calories?!!?

Options

Replies

• eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Before MFP I hadn't realised what a "serving" of potato chips and corn chips was. I got a massive shock.

• blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bread always amazes me - the calories in just one slice and it's gone in a flash!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    slossia wrote: »
    I think a banana is a waste of calories at 110

Glad I'm not the only one! I don't really love bananas, but I know they're packed with potassium so I eat them once in awhile. I tend to buy the smallest ones I can find (for around 70 cals) or only have 1/2 of a medium one. Other high potassium foods like watermelon are a lot less calorie dense.

Re: restaurant meals - I'd order the senior meal if I didn't feel like I have to show my ID. They usually have an age limit listed on the menu and I'm a bit under. I have ordered kid meals "to go" at various places even though my kids all have four legs and fur. LOL

I know! 110 cals! You know how strawberries I can have in comparison!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    A venti (large) pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks is like 550.... that’s insane in my book!
    If I want a fall tasting coffee I’ll just get a normal coffee add cream and a couple pumps of the pumpkin syrup. Sooo much less calories!

Because of the whole milk, the whipped cream, and the sugar in the syrup. If you go to skim milk and no whip, you can get it to 330 calories. If you do almond, it's 290.
  • CrazyPixie12345
    CrazyPixie12345 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anything on a McDonald's menu. Can't trust anything from there :#
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    almonds. You little *kitten*. ate 3oz. 1.5 this AM and 1.5 this afternoon. grrrrrr
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Salmon. Le sigh.
  • kt90gurl
    kt90gurl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Calories in drinks :( I like a sugary drink every day (330ml) and fitting it in my calorie allowance is a nightmare. I know I am going to have to give it up.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Just eat it.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    blobby10 wrote: »
    Bread always amazes me - the calories in just one slice and it's gone in a flash!

I was going to say exactly this. And flatbreads are the most "hypocrites" in my book.
  • TheTruthAtAnyCost
    TheTruthAtAnyCost Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ALCOHOL. All caps. I'm not sure why I was so shocked.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My new love is Poke. But I have no idea how many calories it is. It doesn't seem to be that much, tuna, spring mix, ponzu, cucumbers, crab meat. Does anyone have a good idea on calories of a poke bowl?
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    The_Ta wrote: »
    I think my biggest issue is that restaurants aren’t required to post calories anymore. Some still do, but I saw plenty that changed the menus back. I feel like it’s a minefield at those

All restaurants with over 20 locations were required to add calories to their menus for regular items by July of 2018.

https://www.fda.gov/Food/LabelingNutrition/ucm248731.htm

• lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    lin_be wrote: »
    Salmon. Le sigh.

Salmon high in calories? Really?
    For what you get from salmon, calories are not a lot at all.

Yes, really.
  • azzeazsaleh5429
    azzeazsaleh5429 Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Velveta Mac and cheese, never again. The other challange went out to eat chilis lowest food calorie Salmon at 420 but a whopping 15$. The qasadilla explosion salad 930 calories with put qasadillas. So its an adjustment for sure because im not running for 30 min to eat a snickers bar either.

• tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1200 calories for a STARTER from TGI Fridays. I’ve never been back. I can’t afford to haha.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,262 Member
    Options
    A whole Dungeness crab only has 140 calories? That's really hard to believe. And ever so delicious. I should get another one.