Wow... That had how many calories?!!?

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,623 Member
    a turkey sandwich that was 870 calories
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Anything from Starbucks. When I found out how many calories were in my venti white chocolate mocha I made myself limit that to once a month. Even going the smallest cup didn’t improve the calories much either.

Cheese and nuts. I had to go on a low carb diet due to gestational diabetics and it was hard. Cheese and nuts are low in carb but calories is insane. Getting serving size was sometimes a challenge. I needed a certain amount of carbs but limit calories. I ended up giving up trying to juggle both and focused on carbs.

Happy to be back on calorie counting!

I’m off to dinner out tonight. They only do pasta or burgers and no nutritional info so I think a burger will be healthy calorie wise than pasta but the pasta has veggies and meat so maybe not so.
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    I always check the calories of any new food before I even think about buying it or eating it. After nearly two years of daily logging, it’s become second nature. I think what really shocked me was some dessert I saw at Friday’s. I passed.
  • snuffle_pup
    snuffle_pup Posts: 7 Member
    Salads that have more calories than burgers1000+. And fancy coffees ala Starbucks and similar.
    I definitely don’t drink my calories any more!
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    Chick-fil-A sauce = 140 calories

If you opt for sauce with your meal, steer clear of the Chick-fil-A sauce. It has 140 calories and 13 grams of fat.

Better choices include:
    • Buffalo sauce (10 calories, zero fat)
    • BBQ sauce (45 calories, zero fat), and
    • Honey-mustard sauce (45 calories, zero fat)
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    clarkeje1 wrote: »

Mayo and bacon tend to make this happen :)

. I made myself a Turkey club yesterday, was 700 calories, but if you remove the 2 slices of bacon, 1 ounce of marble cheese, and the light mayo, it would have been half that!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    clarkeje1 wrote: »

Mayo and bacon tend to make this happen :)

Resturaunts tend to butter thier bread & toast it too. Then, they add more mayo! It's why tossing the bun on a burger or something can save like 300 calories give or take.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    I have a honey mustard that I love and I found out 2 tablespoons is 140 calories...ugh back to regular mustard I go
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    tracelw wrote: »
    Sundried tomatoes. And I love them. :'( Also, raisin toast... two slices with butter is 500 cal.

Is that what it says on the package? I eat sunmaid raisin bread, 90 cals a slice.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    edited February 2019
    @kali31337 Make your own honey mustard and you can do for a lot less calories. I do it all the time when I'm out because you can never be sure of restaurants- a lot of them put mayo in it. It's delicious that way but chuck full of extra calories and fat. Make it a couple of times until you find the right mustard to honey ratio. Good Luck!
  • tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 41 Member
    fig newtons.... one has 100 calories... I could easily put away 12 in about 5 minutes. I always thought they were healthier than cookies/crackers/other snacks, but they're not.
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    CHEDDAR CHEESE 110 calories for two dice sizes I love cheese, try not to have it in the house😔
  • DaveScadlock
    DaveScadlock Posts: 27 Member
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    Since logging what is the one food that blew your mind.

I just ate a 1 thousand kCalorie Salad. (Cindy's Barcalona Vinegrette will kill me)

What has surprised you the most.

How many calories eaten at a buffet.
  • DaveScadlock
    DaveScadlock Posts: 27 Member
    Beverages of all sorts! Even just a glass of iced tea! I only drink water now.

When I do a long bike ride, 30 miles or more, I crave the sugary soft drink (diet doctor pepper). That is the only time I have a pop. I think it is because my sugars are low. Otherwise, it is water for me too.
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Peanut butter! Not so much how many calories - it’s right there on the jar- but how small a serving actually is! First time I weighed it I was using two plus servings thinking it was one serving.
  • futuresylph
    futuresylph Posts: 2,178 Member
    Yep, having recently bought a food scale, I'm constantly saying, "They call that a serving?"
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    Since logging what is the one food that blew your mind.

I just ate a 1 thousand kCalorie Salad. (Cindy's Barcalona Vinegrette will kill me)

What has surprised you the most.

How many calories eaten at a buffet.

How many eaten at bunco. 😱
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Peanut butter! Not so much how many calories - it’s right there on the jar- but how small a serving actually is! First time I weighed it I was using two plus servings thinking it was one serving.

I weirdly had the reverse of this happen. I mostly don't weigh my food but occasionally to check something, like after one of those videos.

Turns out my 'serving' of PB is actually about HALF of one when I weigh it. Same thing with mayo. I just use way less than i realized.

As for 'there's how many calories in this?' surprises? French fries. I have no idea why it surprised me, because they're, well, fried. But something about the number of calories in them just offends the daylights out of me. I don't even like them that much but somehow the calorie count in fast food places burgers just IRRITATES me.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Tortillas that are 310 calories. Muffins that are 700