flabby arm prob??

Options
catwoman_leo
catwoman_leo Posts: 36
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
hi I am new here ! :) i have shed 10lbs so far in last 3 months and rooting for another 15-20 lbs :D

I am doing arm exercises but there's no sign of reduced :(
help me out plas !!

Replies

• TustyRusty
    Options
    Hi! Trust me I can relate. I feel like the only thing that looks strange on me is that flab under my arms.(well the boobs look a little weird too):embarassed: but I myself would love to know how I can firm up that area.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When you work out your arms lift heavy.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    my76Ve81-4n-wmB3ikJDuew.jpg

Arm Sleeve!
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    "Arm Exercises" is really unspecific. Are you lfiting weights? Are you doing cardio? Cardio will burn fat everywhere 9slowly), while building muscle will help to firm what is under the fat. Building muscle will also increase (over time) your metabolism, so just existing you will burn more calories.
  • catwoman_leo
    Options
    I feel so embarrassed:sad: ...I hate to wear half sleeves :brokenheart: ...i am doing biceps curls triceps curls..but no improvement!!!!!!!! :yawn:
  • catwoman_leo
    Options

Arm Sleeve!
    thats a good idea!but wanna reduce it naturally :embarassed:
  • catwoman_leo
    Options
    I think not doing cardio with proper sense is my fault :noway: ...i hate to do cardio :yawn:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Keep losing weight and it will come off where it does. Just like there's no "I wanna make my belly go away!" exercises.

Lose fat and consider lifting heavy.

Google: New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, and Stronglifts 5x5.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    When you work out your arms lift heavy.

^ Agreed
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Pushups and tricep dips.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I think not doing cardio with proper sense is my fault :noway: ...i hate to do cardio :yawn:

What do you mean by "cardio"?
  • catwoman_leo
    Options

the regular jogging , walking running !! :sick:
  • maliarosario
    maliarosario Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    in regards to the arm sleeves....
    What do these do? Does it help in the long run or is it just to wear under clothes?
  • rats1981
    Options
    Do you mean the backs of your arms? The best way to deal with that is to bend at the waist and lean forward. Then hold the top part of your arm up(meaning back) just a bit and kinda do a "swing" from the elbow holding a smaller weight. You can also hold a small weight behind you (arms from the elbow up straight), hold the with both hands and then lift from the elbow up. I don't think that I explained that very well but there are exercises that will specifically target the back of your arm where flab tends to stick. Google it and you will be able to find them. It doesn't look like much and you don't need a lot of weight but it really works.
  • bcattoes
    Options

the regular jogging , walking running !! :sick:

Then why not just find another form of cardio that you do like? Basketball, Tennis or other sports, Zumba, Insanity, or other aerobics classes (there are so many varieties to choose from), hiking, biking, jump rope, spinning, swimming. All you need do is reach and remain in the aerobic zone. You don't have to run or walk to get there.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Do you mean the backs of your arms? The best way to deal with that is to bend at the waist and lean forward. Then hold the top part of your arm up(meaning back) just a bit and kinda do a "swing" from the elbow holding a smaller weight. You can also hold a small weight behind you (arms from the elbow up straight), hold the with both hands and then lift from the elbow up. I don't think that I explained that very well but there are exercises that will specifically target the back of your arm where flab tends to stick. Google it and you will be able to find them. It doesn't look like much and you don't need a lot of weight but it really works.
    nope.
  • catwoman_leo
    Options
    I started Jumba! :happy: Its fun!! lets see! ..the main prob is..I have a pear shaped body and i love it! but those flabby arm are my biggest enemy:explode: :explode: :explode: ..I was a chubby kid and from the time immemorial i am having these fatty arms :sad: :sad:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, I have defined biceps, but when I "wave", I have the lovely little flap. Still rock sleeveless though.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I used to have MASSIVE arms. If you check out my profile you can see it in one of my pics. You have to reduce your body fat EVERYWHERE with consistent exercise and diet in order to tighten up any part of your body, including your arms.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

Arm Sleeve!
    Someone should make arm sleeves with muscles; kind of like those t-shirts with abs.
This discussion has been closed.