Replies

• RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    WOW Dude. Great Job!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    So your waist got smaller AND you lost 19lbs? Nice job! But yeah, I think you should keep going....
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Great work over all! You are doing great and most importantly...you are doing it the healthy way where you will have life long results. :-)
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Came in for muscles.

Am not leaving disappointed.

Nice guns!
  • TamAUH
    Options
    u look really great
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well done sir! Keep it up!
  • brianmaclennan
    Options
    I'm just curious... Why you would bulk for 4 months and then just slim back down to your original weight? Why not try to keep the weight and lose the extra fat? It just seems like a waste of time to go up and down over and over again... Please enlighten me...

My original weight was 355lbs. . .

My assumption is you missed my other comment, I gained 19lbs but lost 3% body fat in the process...

As for a waste of time that's really your opinion and that is fine, you obviously know nothing about bodybuilding. Enlighten yourself and do some research on bodybuilding, it's a up and down process. (this reads rude but really it's just logic, my opinion is biased on the subject and you should formulate your own opinion)
    Ok so your original post said that you went from 182 to 201. I don't give a crap that you used to weigh 355 because that's not what you said. The fact that you went from 355 to 182 is irrelevant due to the fact that you posted in a weight gaining forum. If you want people to say ooh and ahh over your weight loss then go to the applicable forum.
    Bodybuilding by definition is the practice of strengthening and enlarging the muscles of the body through exercise.
    Going from 182 to 201 and losing body fat is bodybuilding but losing the muscle during a cut is not. That is why I said "a waste of time" because you gained weight just to go and lose it.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Nice gains!
  • narwhalpr
    narwhalpr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious... Why you would bulk for 4 months and then just slim back down to your original weight? Why not try to keep the weight and lose the extra fat? It just seems like a waste of time to go up and down over and over again... Please enlighten me...

My original weight was 355lbs. . .

My assumption is you missed my other comment, I gained 19lbs but lost 3% body fat in the process...

As for a waste of time that's really your opinion and that is fine, you obviously know nothing about bodybuilding. Enlighten yourself and do some research on bodybuilding, it's a up and down process. (this reads rude but really it's just logic, my opinion is biased on the subject and you should formulate your own opinion)
    Ok so your original post said that you went from 182 to 201. I don't give a crap that you used to weigh 355 because that's not what you said. The fact that you went from 355 to 182 is irrelevant due to the fact that you posted in a weight gaining forum. If you want people to say ooh and ahh over your weight loss then go to the applicable forum.
    Bodybuilding by definition is the practice of strengthening and enlarging the muscles of the body through exercise.
    Going from 182 to 201 and losing body fat is bodybuilding but losing the muscle during a cut is not. That is why I said "a waste of time" because you gained weight just to go and lose it.

Honestly, he can do whatever he wants. It's his time, not yours. Why you even care?

Btw OP, great job! :)
  • sticksandtwigs
    sticksandtwigs Posts: 20 Member
    Options

You bulk (eat surplus of calories) to gain muscle, but unfortunately that comes with some fat gain too. So you bulk up, then diet again to get your bf% down, while continuing to lift to preserve the muscle you gained.

Thank you for telling me this!! I had no clue either cause I'm really new to this also.
  • brianmaclennan
    Options

You bulk (eat surplus of calories) to gain muscle, but unfortunately that comes with some fat gain too. So you bulk up, then diet again to get your bf% down, while continuing to lift to preserve the muscle you gained.

Thank you for telling me this!! I had no clue either cause I'm really new to this also.

OP claims to have gained weight and lost body fat percentage so dieting to get body fat down wouldn't be necessary. The facts are not adding up.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Grow the facial hair back ;)
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

How common is it to lower your body fat % while bulking? I was under the assumption that most people went up.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Nice work kid! Have fun with the cut... :)
  • terrance250
    terrance250 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nice bulk man! Good job! Will be interesting to see how much faster you lose the weight now that you added some mass.

I can't wait to finally get to bulk.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Very very nice
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

How common is it to lower your body fat % while bulking? I was under the assumption that most people went up.

I know, right?! Nice work... lean gains. Well done. I actually look at you and wonder if you could get back to 182... I don't think you have that much fat on you at all... maybe 10 lbs.
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nice work chap, looking swole! Awesome to see a bulk that is all lean, keep it up!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Oh; well done there! Looking fab! :bigsmile:
    ...Your face isn't stupid -_-