4 month bulk done (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well done, mate. Jealous of your biceps genetics.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Get Swole
    or
    Die Trying
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone was criticizing what you have done as much as, like me, know what the process is, just unsure how it works. You did a bulking, more successful than some I have seen, and are now going to cut. What I mean by more successful is you seem to have added a lot of muscle in proportion to the amount of fat that you gained. Most people seem to have a higher body fat amount in relation to the amount of muscle they add in the process. I think your cut time will be pretty short because you did not appear to add much fat at all. I guess we are wondering how your diet will change when you start to cut from what it is now.
  • GoBigDaddy822
    Options
    Nice work bro body fat looks pretty low. What was your weight when u started and whats your final
    By the way it looks I would keep up the bulk for a bit
  • robot_steve
    Options
    just a tip. don't take progress pics in black clothes, they hide a lot of details that you want to see when you are trying to compare progress.
  • johndavid01
    Options
    Good job. I'm impressed.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Question for you... you gained 19 lbs. while losing 4 inches around your waist simultaneously? I realize it's very possible to reduce body fat % during a bulk if you gain more % muscle than fat. But how in the heck did your waist get smaller while gaining weight? If you lost fat around your waist, you would have had to be in a deficit at least part of the time. Whatever your exercise and diet routine was, we want details!
  • rlp1975
    rlp1975 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You look good ... Congrats
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Nice job going from 180 to 200 in 4 months.
  • addysolari
    addysolari Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Man, that black square plate is taking forever to dry :D

Nice work on the bulk, mate
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

How common is it to lower your body fat % while bulking? I was under the assumption that most people went up.

any proper clean bulk will have that result... the best case scenario is said to be 1:1 gain, so, one pound of muscle gained per one pound of fat. If you do the math that will result in a lower body fat percentage even though you gained equal amounts of fat and muscle.

for instance.. if im 150# and 50 is muscle and 100 is fat, then im 66.66%fat and 33.34% muscle... now I gain 20 pounds and 10 is fat and 10 is muscle... I now weigh 170, however, ive went from 33.34% to 35.29% muscle.

Now, if you said you gained 10# of muscle and lost 10# of fat id say BS... very unlikely even if you were on some crazy cyclical diet
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

How common is it to lower your body fat % while bulking? I was under the assumption that most people went up.

any proper clean bulk will have that result... the best case scenario is said to be 1:1 gain, so, one pound of muscle gained per one pound of fat. If you do the math that will result in a lower body fat percentage even though you gained equal amounts of fat and muscle.

for instance.. if im 150# and 50 is muscle and 100 is fat, then im 66.66%fat and 33.34% muscle... now I gain 20 pounds and 10 is fat and 10 is muscle... I now weigh 170, however, ive went from 33.34% to 35.29% muscle.

Now, if you said you gained 10# of muscle and lost 10# of fat id say BS... very unlikely even if you were on some crazy cyclical diet

The OP says he LOST 4 inches around his waist while gaining 19 lbs on a bulk. Loss in inches around the waist would imply fat loss. The results in the pics speak for themselves, but I'm trying to understand how that could happen during a bulking period with no corresponding caloric deficit.
  • japar
    japar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good question NRBreit.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options

The OP says he LOST 4 inches around his waist while gaining 19 lbs on a bulk. Loss in inches around the waist would imply fat loss. The results in the pics speak for themselves, but I'm trying to understand how that could happen during a bulking period with no corresponding caloric deficit.

Nobody should expect to lose inches off their waist while gaining ~20 pounds. Its not normal. Not at all. Theres nothing to gain from me questioning the OP, so, I'll just assume hes some kind of anomaly.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

Looks like a recomp to me. He went from being a big fat guy to a small fat guy. Then just recomped to build muscle. It's not like he was lean and muscular to start. It's just people's perception of a "bulk" that is confusing everyone. This guy did a great job manipulating his body to make it look as good as it does now. Props to him.
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    bump, I'm tired of cutting and would like to bulk and lose an inch or two around the waist if its possible
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump, I'm tired of cutting and would like to bulk and lose an inch or two around the waist if its possible

How lean are you, how tall and how much do you weigh?

Most people on a bulk will put on fat and inches to their waist.

If you want to lose an inch or two off your waist keep on cutting.

Koing
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Well done OP. Fantastic results!

Isn't it true that the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn and also you burn fat for an extended period of time after working out?

Could that explain the loss in inches?

I hope so as I'm currently trying to find my maintenance so I can eat above and bulk but I don't really want to grow out of my clothes!
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    Options
    Can I be like you one day?! :bigsmile: